Sad franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
On the Gold Hour she said something on the lines of, "Oh, I love life, its wonderful! getting up each morning deciding what to wear and what jewellery to put on, its wonderful!"

Has QVC moved to Stepford?

What a sad little woman.

On the Gold Hour she said something on the lines of, "Oh, I love life, its wonderful! getting up each morning deciding what to wear and what jewellery to put on, its wonderful!"

What a sad little woman.

how silly and shallow to say something like that
what is she thinking??
rocks for brains I'd say

What a sad little woman.

What's wrong with that? I enjoy deciding what clothes and jewellery to put on when I get up every day, does that make me a sad little woman too? We'd all be walking around naked and certainly wouldn't buy anything QVC has to offer in the way of jewels and whatnot if none of us enjoyed it.:mysmilie_99:

If I left everything till the morning I wouldn't get out of the door, so I pick what I'm going to wear the night before, iron it etc., then in the morning I choose what jewelry to wear with it.

The only time I ever do both in the morning is when the weather has turned rotten and what I was going to wear isn't suitable.

My daughter does everything in the morning and quite a lot of the time she has to be up at 5am to get to work, I'm amazed at how organised she is, as when she was a wee lassie I had to keep checking on her when she was getting ready for school as it would be one arm in the blouse I'd find her sitting back on her bed she wasn't a morning person back then but she certainly is now.

piper

She needs a hard slap across the face with a big wet fish!!

If this is the highlight of her day,well what a narrow little existence she has.

What about sunrise's,books,sex,food,friendships,etc,I'd be far more excited about any one of these things than clothes and jewelry,whilst adorning oneself is fun and mildly fulfilling,does is it really warrant that kind of exultation?.

Or it could just be,that she has OFFICIALLY run out of things to say.

I really can't stand her but if she gets slated for everything she says I think that is awful. We know she isn't the sharpest tool in the box but come on, saying you enjoy deciding what to wear isn't exactly the most terrible thing in the world is it?
If I had beautiful jewellery and clothes I would love it too.

I'm sorry, to me it comes across as self-righteous and patronizing, in fact I feel slightly sick.

I like Jill and was very impressed by her latest blog - please, I urge you all to read it - especially those that think she's shallow and sad and I think you'll see that she is far from that. Here is the link: http://blogs.qvcuk.com/jill_franks/2010/02/life-is-to-live.html

Please read it, and I'm sure only the most cynical amongst you will not reassess your opinon of her.

Thank you Nicky-j. JF is not my favourite presenter but her positive, caring attitude has much to commend it. And I love your signature line- my philosophy too! :mysmilie_687:

That blog post from JF is very good advice and it doesn't hurt to be reminded of things like that once in a while.

It's not shallow to want to make the best of yourself and enjoy life - I certainly want to do both of those things.

JF can often come across to me as a bit of a superficial airhead who only thinks or cares about shallow surface things so it's nice to see that blog from her.

maybe some of us have more to worry or think about than what to wear each day or what jewellery to put on,I think thats what the original poster meant,as I did,it just comes across as shallow to me
its just my opinion it doesnt mean I am right !
I have worries about my husband still having a job next week and my 5 year old niece who is having her cancer follow up this Friday,thats real life to me!! and all I am trying to say I suppose is that there are more important things in life than choosing what to wear and what to wear with it!!

Last edited:
Hi Queenie, I know what you mean about your Husband's job, I worry about mine but your poor little niece bless her, I do hope it is good news on Friday. Sending you lots of love.
Bobbie xx

I'll hold my hand up and admit I've done my fair share of bitchiness in the past but it's getting too much. JF is on a shopping channel she can't stray outside certain subjects. She enjoys clothes and jewellery, she has a husband that spoils her, well good luck to her. It seems she, and Catherine Huntley and poor Claudia can't do any right and there's a lot of bitterness and envy against them. If it's not them, it's people like Lulu Guinness who have the cheek to be born into and inhabit a higher social strata.

They're doing a job, it ain't rocket science, leave them all alone for heavens sake and stop picking on every little nuance and comment.

Mimi - My sentiments exactly!

The nature of their job must without doubt restrict them as to the topics they can comment on. They have no option but to steer towards what would appear to be the shallow and superficial. I am sure that all the presenters mentioned have a great deal more substance than is perceived while they are doing their jobs as presenters. I agree with mimi - Let's give them a break.

I really can't see what's to get annoyed with! It was a throw away remark that's fits in with her sales job and nicely illustrates that she's there to tempt us to buy goodies which will hopefully make us feel happy! Whether we get quite as joyful as her of a morning, is another matter!

Hi Queenie, I know what you mean about your Husband's job, I worry about mine but your poor little niece bless her, I do hope it is good news on Friday. Sending you lots of love.
Bobbie xx

thanks ever so much x
she has had an eye removed for a retinoblastoma and the outlook is very good,no chemo or radiotherapy but she has check ups every 6 months,so far so good !! she is 5 and she had the op at 14 months old,I still worry about her though.
now she is at school and doing great,she is a tough little girl,more so than the rest of us!!
hope your husband is ok,I know how you feel,lets hope things pick up this year eh!??
Jane x

Queenie I send my best wishes to your little neice, she sounds a total star, may her health continue to improve.

Latest posts

Back