Charlie Bears - get a grip

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I've just witnessed the last 5 mins of the repeat, waiting for the Morning Show. For goodness sake, those 2 are talking about the bears as children. Not just pets (as I would talk about my Eric) but as real people with personalities and lives of their own.

Do they really feel like that (in which case "get a life" or see a psychiatrist) or is it a complete over-the-top, melodramatic & grossly insincere sales pitch ? If the latter I find it very offensive.

These 2 have irritated me more than any other guests (apart from the Leg Magic couple). Shame on them and QVC for treating viewers in this way.

Sorry to rant, I can't remember the last time I felt this annoyed and insulted. This is my opinion, I appreciate that many of you like these bears (they are very pretty after all).

Linda :angry:

Totally agree, they must think we are stupid. I love teddies but I don't live in La La Land. I can't watch the shows anymore they are so sickly.

I love bears too and have a small collection, not just Charlies, but I can't watch this ****** nonsense either. :angry: These guest presenters are either seriously touched or the most cynical salespeople ever who must feel complete contempt for their customers. It brings back horrible memories of Kara Tritton who stopped just short of breastfeeding :eek: those monstrosity dolls that QVC used to flog. :puke:

Agree with all the above. I can't warm to this couple at all, there's just something about them:cheeky:

Oh dear - didn't a lot of forum members get out of bed the wrong side this morning?!
I like Charlotte & William, I love their bears and think the way they present them is fun - and I'm not normally one for Cloud Cuckoo Land (although I did once stay in a Cloud Cuckoo Cottage!). Nothing wrong with a bit of fun here and there. But I do understand it might be a bit 'full-on' for some!

Blimey, that's a bit of a broadside. What's so creepy about Will and Charlotte? I'm a sensible middle-aged Scot, but I have a small (ahem) collection of Charlie Bears and I do actually talk to them. Isn't that the whole point of teddy bears? To have a 'personality' that allows people to access their inner soft places? Even adults? Frankly, if my whole life was devoted to designing, creating and selling teddy bears, I'd probably treat them as people too.

Don't look at the screen, Leia. People are saying nasty things about the Creators. :grin:

Blimey, that's a bit of a broadside. What's so creepy about Will and Charlotte? I'm a sensible middle-aged Scot, but I have a small (ahem) collection of Charlie Bears and I do actually talk to them. Isn't that the whole point of teddy bears? To have a 'personality' that allows people to access their inner soft places? Even adults? Frankly, if my whole life was devoted to designing, creating and selling teddy bears, I'd probably treat them as people too.

Don't look at the screen, Leia. People are saying nasty things about the Creators. :grin:

And you can't pick one up without hugging it or stroking it, can you? I am afraid I have Charlie 2009, Erin, Gracie, Hannah the rabbit & Ruby. And I am still looking!

I'm another Charlie Bears collecter and have got a few (maybe a little more than a few lol) and just think that Charlie and Will are so excited about there company and can come over as being 'a bit over the top' but they are both really nice and friendly irl. Think I am going to have to buy another one today, I agree nicky they are soo cuddly :bear:

I have one of Charlie Bear and am a total softie, ask anybody who sees me with my pets, but have to agree about these two, I used to watch but just cant do with them anymore and how many times do we need to here how they met, thesebears are not real, just stuffed toys, get a grip for goodness sake, or are they just saying what they need to, to sell there product which is what they are, a product, and a very proiftable one at that, needless say when the novelty wears off they will go the way of Deans bears, dont see them on qvc anymore.

i've never got as far as the shows...the nauseating 'how we met' ads are enough to churn even the most hardened stomach :rolleyes:

Shame you didn't watch as you missed the poem on the launch last night. If the ad didn't have you reaching for the sick-bag, that certainly would have done!

I can't stand them...especially the greasy bloke with that awful accent..............I turn the telly down ...cos the bears are cute and I have bought a couple.
No offence to anyone with an accent...............but for some reason his grates.

Their bears look very nice, everyone speaks very highly of them I know. However I wouldn't watch long enough to buy one because I agree - the couple are a bit 'Stepford Wivish' and rather creepy.

Their bears look very nice, everyone speaks very highly of them I know. However I wouldn't watch long enough to buy one because I agree - the couple are a bit 'Stepford Wivish' and rather creepy.

Aragorn, ive got 2 lovely Charlie Bears (& my Mum succombed to a gorgeous panda before Christmas)...... Maybe cover your eyes a bit & just concentrate on the bear you like (and maybe turn the sound down too, lol) ..... Don`t let them put you off trying out one of their bears though..... Or have a look at them in a shop & away from creepy `Stepford Wivish` vibes....haha..... Actually, its Charlie (from qvc) who gets on my pip when hes presenting the show with them..... :hi:

I was hoping that there would be some of the new keyring bears today. They are so cute and measure just 3" high when sitting. I emailed QVC to ask if they would be stocking them but was told they had no plans to do so at the moment.

Here's a link to one so you can have a look!

Last edited:
Aragorn, ive got 2 lovely Charlie Bears (& my Mum succombed to a gorgeous panda before Christmas)...... Maybe cover your eyes a bit & just concentrate on the bear you like (and maybe turn the sound down too, lol) ..... Don`t let them put you off trying out one of their bears though..... Or have a look at them in a shop & away from creepy `Stepford Wivish` vibes....haha..... Actually, its Charlie (from qvc) who gets on my pip when hes presenting the show with them..... :hi:

Ha - stuff my ears with cotton wool?!?!? I remember now that you had nice ones. What shop do you find them in? I've never seen them anywhere - I must be oblivious! Blinded by the 'vibes' perhaps, as you say......... Smarmy Charlie - all QVC men get on my pip apart from Julian. Simon's alright I s'pose. Dale's got too much hair for his head and I won't start on the others.......

How many times has Will mentioned how much the retired bears are fetching on the secondary market, is he trying to start another "Beanie Baby" craze?

I have a couple of the bears myself and find them to be really good quality for the money, but I just cannot bear (pardon the pun) to listen to these two and their sickly sales patter anymore.

I love Charlie Bears and tuned in to watch the midnight hour. I have to say I did start to think to myself half way through that I was either very tired and easily irritated or those two are mega annoying. I have never really noticed before as I haven't watched many of their shows. I normally get my Charlies from a little shop near me who stock them but I have decided I will watch at 4 with the sound off.

I have to say qvc Charlie doesn't help the situation the was he slobbers over every bear and going on about how many his daughter has and how she can hardley get into bed for all the Charlie Bears. He was exactly the same with the stieff bears. It makes me cringe he needs a great big slap with a big wet fish:cheeky:

I was hoping that there would be some of the new keyring bears today. They are so cute and measure just 3" high when sitting. I emailed QVC to ask if they would be stocking them but was told they had no plans to do so at the moment.

Here's a link to one so you can have a look!

Magpie's are also selling them. Their email arrived at the weekend so I've already ordered one. I've dealt with both Magpie's and Corfe Bears and both are great sites and very reliable. For anyone who remembers my 'saga' of Slothy who got lost in the snow, it was Magpie whose aftersales care was so tremendous ......... and he did eventually turn up after a week's holiday in a local Post Office.

I've always collected miniature bears (my smallest being a fully jointed one that measures just under 3 inches when standing,) but I succumbed to my first Charlie Bear when I spotted them on QVC. I've now got more than one. :wink:

Ha - stuff my ears with cotton wool?!?!? I remember now that you had nice ones. What shop do you find them in? I've never seen them anywhere - I must be oblivious! Blinded by the 'vibes' perhaps, as you say......... Smarmy Charlie - all QVC men get on my pip apart from Julian. Simon's alright I s'pose. Dale's got too much hair for his head and I won't start on the others.......

Got mine from qvc Aragorn.. Yeah, I find Charlie (presenter) smarmy too.. Thinks hes so ****** funny, he gets on both my pips!
I saw some fab showjumping bunnies on a show recorded on Sky, made me think of your bun, Frodo :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back