My hair...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
..is driving me mad :devil:

It's short, wavy and although I've got a lot of it it's very soft IYKWIM and can easily turn to "candyfloss" in damp or hot conditions. Also got a dry itchy scalp. I'm 55 and grey so get it coloured every 6 weeks.

I want to move away from high street brands of haircare because they seem too harsh, but I have no idea which of the QVC ranges would be best for me. Tried Ojon but didn't see any results.

SO, what can you recommend for me please ?

Linda

People are going to get sick of me saying it - but A'kin! I mean honestly I can only speak from personal experience, but it's the shampoo/conditioner I always end up going back to. I have short, dyed hair that is coarse in texture and frizz prone with a natural curl. I use the Ylang Ylang Colour Care set which suits me to a t.

My mother has short, baby baby fine hair that is so soft and flyaway - and she uses the Lemongrass. It's the only thing she can use that gets her hair clean but doesn't weight it down.

They are very calming on the scalp too I find - as they are SLS free...

My hair drives me mad too and is very dry. I have used ojon for years and love it. This is not a qvc brand but my hairdresser tried a range on me called macadamia. It's around the same price as ojon.It's all natural and the main ingredients are macadamia nut oil and argan oil. The range consists of a shampoo, leave in conditioner, intensive repair treatment and oil that can be used before blow drying or afterwards to style.It smells divine as well which is a plus. I'm useless at putting in links but if you google macadamia it will take you to the website.

Philip Kingsley's dry/itchy scalp shampoo and conditioner has good reviews. If dryness is a problem then i would recommend the new Ojon 2 minute hydrating mask - large tub that you use once a week in place of conditioner, i noticed results after one use. Hope you find a remedy that suits you as "bad hair days/weeks/years!!" are never good for the confidence levels. Just a thought but make sure your not having a reaction to your colour etc?

..is driving me mad :devil:

It's short, wavy and although I've got a lot of it it's very soft IYKWIM and can easily turn to "candyfloss" in damp or hot conditions. Also got a dry itchy scalp. I'm 55 and grey so get it coloured every 6 weeks.

I want to move away from high street brands of haircare because they seem too harsh, but I have no idea which of the QVC ranges would be best for me. Tried Ojon but didn't see any results.

SO, what can you recommend for me please ?

Linda

Can I just ask, what is IYKWIM?! :confused:

My hair's fine, short and rather wavy and I like the A'kin Lemongrass shampoo and conditioner with Phillip Kingsley's weatherproof styling mousse to give it body. With a dry scalp though, I think I would be tempted to try the Kingsley flaky itchy scalp shampoo, it's good good reviews.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I really rate the Elemis shampoo and conditioner, I have fine wavy hair but it is plentiful. The shampoo has a gorgeous smell and my hair always looks really shiny and full of volume when I use it. The conditioner is lovely too, am actually nearly at the end of the bottle which is saying something for me as I usually find that conditioners lose their effect on my hair and I abandon them.

philip kinsley elasticiser,remoisturising shampoo and conditioner, then use the flaky scalp tonic. like ojon but love philip kingsley. his paddle brush is fantastic and really controls the frizzes cheaper on feelunique than qvc but you do get some elasticiser satchets.
good luck:rock:

I have coarse frizzy hair and I really like Ojon Shine and Protect or the Tawaka range, but that is becoming increasingly hard to get and is very expensive. Also like L'Occitane Shea butter shampoo and conditioner and their cream that you put on before drying.

Decided to work through all your suggestions until I find "the one". So, I've just ordered shampoo and conditioner from A'kin (Mypure). They also offered 2 samples and a free handcream, and total p&p is just £1.49 !!!!

Thanks cavegirl, looking forward to a decent head of hair again.

if that doesn't work, pop along to Tesco..I got 4 Elida shampoos yesterday for £2 the lot, on offer, and tried the 2-in-1 nourishing one today..super!

Decided to work through all your suggestions until I find "the one". So, I've just ordered shampoo and conditioner from A'kin (Mypure). They also offered 2 samples and a free handcream, and total p&p is just £1.49 !!!!

Thanks cavegirl, looking forward to a decent head of hair again.

I hope I haven't set myself up for a hiding here :wink: . One point to note - your hair might feel a bit tangly at first, it is normal - it is a sign it is detoxing from SLS apparently. So if it does happen - don't panic. Also, you will not get masses of foamy lather. You will get soft bubbles that are very gentle :nod:

Best of luck with it, lovey x

i have a very similar hair, i think - super fine but a lot of it...i have always conditioned it after shampooing, but recently i have started using coconut oil before shampooing like normal. i then put a light leave-in conditioner on and find that the knots fall out and there are is no fluffy hair!

I enjoy using the A'kin range, and now I am very fond of giovanni products also.

Good luck with finding a range that works for you!

Wilko's Girl

:bandit: Dove Pro Age shampoo and conditioner! Works a treat on my short fine hair, and leaves me plenty of money to spend on QVC skin care. Just can't afford to get trapped into any other expensive QVC habits, so I'm holding my resolve on this one for the time being!

everybody is different but for me it has to be philip kinglsey, mops is ok too, didnt get on with ojon woundnt buy it again,

Latest posts

Back