My hair...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hope I haven't set myself up for a hiding here :wink: . One point to note - your hair might feel a bit tangly at first, it is normal - it is a sign it is detoxing from SLS apparently. So if it does happen - don't panic. Also, you will not get masses of foamy lather. You will get soft bubbles that are very gentle :nod:

Best of luck with it, lovey x

Ahh bless ! Don't worry about me coming after you for my £16 back if it turns out to be carp. Just chose it alphabetically (very scientific :grin:)

I'm an ojon girl at heart, but I'm taking a break just now (for both financial and follicle reasons!) and I'm raving about naked haircare from boots. No SLS and it's mostly natural ingredients. My hair is loving it. Tawaka remains my all time fav ever, but this is a really good close second for me. £4 a bottle is easier to spend too!

My absolute guilty indulgent hair treat just now though is Shu Uemera Essence Absolue. It's £40 for 150ml (!!!) but after 9 months of use I'm not even halfway through the bottle, so if it's going to last more than a year then it's more affordable. It's a leave in oil/serum that seals and smooths hair. The results are amazing, no knots, never lank, no more dry ends and my colour stays bright too. I wish QVC would stock the range, I'd love to try it all in mini sizes

People are going to get sick of me saying it - but A'kin! I mean honestly I can only speak from personal experience, but it's the shampoo/conditioner I always end up going back to. I have short, dyed hair that is coarse in texture and frizz prone with a natural curl. I use the Ylang Ylang Colour Care set which suits me to a t.

My mother has short, baby baby fine hair that is so soft and flyaway - and she uses the Lemongrass. It's the only thing she can use that gets her hair clean but doesn't weight it down.

They are very calming on the scalp too I find - as they are SLS free...

Well, I ordered some A'Kin shampoo and conditioner, it arrived within 48 hours and I used it on Fri. So far so good, my hair feels silky and has more of a shine than with "high street" shampoos. I know it will take time for my scalp to adjust, but already it's slightly less itchy.

A'kin also sent me 2 free sample sachets and a free decent-size tube of hand cream worth £7.99. Prices for skincare seem reasonable too so I'm going to stick with them for a while and find any "must have" products.

So, thanks to cavegirl !

Linda :clapping:

Latest posts

Back