Coping with life's tragedies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All this FB stuff is a revelation to me, I rarely log in as I only have 5 friends and we tend to e mail each other. The QVC pages seem much more interesting, must pay a visit.

you aren't the only one. I have a phone, mobile and E mail. That's enough for me.

The Almond milk was removed because the supplier could not guarantee that the would use a certain process to remove the allergens from it - as it the amount used was only 0.5% or thereabouts it was decided to take it out completely rather than face any rants about allergies etc - the consistency of C&P changes depending on the harvest of the ingredients anyway so you can't gripe about it being different without the almond milk, because it is always going to be slightly different.

Hhhmmm, wonder if this came all the way from the Isle of Wight. - new member, first post ...... :wonder:

Once upon a time I would have '' leapt to the phone'' as AY says at seeing 3 Liz Earle C&P on a 4 pay. Won't use it now.

I am very disappointed that Elemis have not got a show today.Would love to see their Pro Radiance on a 4 pay.

I, too, would have loved to have seen the Pro Radiance on 4 pay; my existing one is coming to an end.:sad:

I wonder if this had anything to do with the fact that the Decleor's new Hydra Radiance cleanser was on 4 pay?:wonder:

i have always seen LE as a very competent business woman with skincare as her cash cow...but she is so territorial, i wonder if she is not in fact a little pleased with the backlash against the new formula. now she has made her money from the avon sale, she is (i am guessing) effectively an employee of the company and probably has very little to lose if the sales go through the roof or drop to nothing. a lot of assumptions, i know, but i think if i am right about this and LE's personality, there is a part of her that is glad to see it lose some of its gloss now.

PS, hope all those that are hurting at the moment are soon feeling things are on the up. whatever happens though, please don't let the daft presenters upset you...they really are not worth it

Last edited:
i have always seen LE as a very competent business woman with skincare as her cash cow...but she is so territorial, i wonder if she is not in fact a little pleased with the backlash against the new formula. now she has made her money from the avon sale, she is (i am guessing) effectively an employee of the company and probably has very little to lose if the sales go through the roof or drop to nothing. a lot of assumptions, i know, but i think if i am right about this and LE's personality, there is a part of her that is glad to see it lose some of its gloss now.

PS, hope all those that are hurting at the moment are soon feeling things are on the up. whatever happens though, please don't let the daft presenters upset you...they really are not worth it

Thanks. I wasn't upset by her, I just thought it was a stupid and insensitive thing to say and had to voice my annoyance. To be honest with hindsight i think i'm a bit oversensitve at the moment and any comment like that just makes me react.

Hhhmmm, wonder if this came all the way from the Isle of Wight. - new member, first post ...... :wonder:

Hmm, have to say I'm a bit suspicious. Welcome to the forum Sloane Ranger. :handshake:
I don't think people should be criticised for complaining about the formula change of C & P since the almond milk was removed. Even if it only made up 0.5% of the original fomula, it must have done something or it wouldn't have been put in in the first place, would it?

The Almond milk was removed because the supplier could not guarantee that the would use a certain process to remove the allergens from it - as it the amount used was only 0.5% or thereabouts it was decided to take it out completely rather than face any rants about allergies etc - the consistency of C&P changes depending on the harvest of the ingredients anyway so you can't gripe about it being different without the almond milk, because it is always going to be slightly different.

Now you see I wasn't aware of that. And judging by the comments re C&P I can't be the only one. What was wrong with making an anouncement along those lines when the decision was made, and not let us be drip fed info when it suits.

Not everyone is not going to like every beauty product. I can't for example do anything with the Elemis PCMC, having bought a sample from the bay, its now on its way to my mum. But it seems that to critises the C&P or any of the LE products is a BIG NO NO!

[/B]

Thanks. I wasn't upset by her, I just thought it was a stupid and insensitive thing to say and had to voice my annoyance. To be honest with hindsight i think i'm a bit oversensitve at the moment and any comment like that just makes me react.

Honey, I feel for you...I have been there and it was one of those times when i just thought to myself that there really is no instruction manual for life, unfortunately. i became very philosophical about it all, but i only started to really heal when i let myself hurt...so, please don't worry about being oversensitive...you are feeling how you are for a reason...it is not forever, just for the moment...lots of love to you xxx

lots of love LE lover and everyoe else suffering with life:heart::mysmilie_857: life's certainly not easy XX

Oh well I know the answer now. My dog has cancer. My Mum is mentally deranged & in a home my Father has serious heart problems but I'll just slap on C&P & all will be well.

To add to my posting yesterday. The car coughed & died this morning. My DH is not at all happy as it could be quite a bill coming.

''Never mind dear '' I said to him.'' Let me at it with some C&P. That will sort it out '':giggle::giggle:

I think he thouight I had finally flipped.

I've just thought of something - LE being a businesswoman and all that. Do you think she'll bring out a range of relaxation CD's we can order or download from her website? Her voice will be calmingly, soothingly, telling us that life can be a b***h but if we use her range (and she'll go through each product one by one saying how it will help us) all our problems will be solved. Could either be a cure for insomnia or more likely resemble the drip drip water torture.

In the last year I've been through 2 bereavements and have ongoing health problems which no amount of LE's products could solve and I wouldn't be able to use most of the range anyway due to the essential oils I'm allergic to!

Love and best wishes to all on here who are finding it tough out there x

With respect Liz Earle didn't make the remark that has caused offence with a lot of people on here.
It was perhaps a thoughtless comment but IMO has been blown up out of all proportion.

With respect Liz Earle didn't make the remark that has caused offence with a lot of people on here.
It was perhaps a thoughtless comment but IMO has been blown up out of all proportion.

i think that LE has disappointed a lot of people because a lot of people were very loyal and bought into her products thinking there were specific values associated with them...it is obvious that some of us are hurting at the moment, but i do not think anyone is expecting anything further than a chance and a place to say "i do not like what just happened"...which i support and am glad happens here. i think this thread is symbolic of the certain aspects of the LE company that have either been whitewashed or exaggerated, and this is why there has been such a backlash to the comments.

The interesting side to this is that the concerns that are being expressed are not by a few random people who happened to hear from a friend of a friend who overheard something on the bus etc...these are views expressed by people who tune into a shopping channel ie we are tuning in to find something of interest that may be worth purchasing...so the presenters have half their job already done for them! add to that, a lot of the views are from long-standing LE fans...i honestly think that if the LE company stopped trying to distract everyone and just listened they would understand that their success has been made from people who are feeling mistreated at the moment...and the fact that this is not happening probably concerns those who were fans even more....

I can honestly say that C&P made no frigging difference to how I felt when I had my cancer surgery last year, lol! They are starting to believe their own drivel I'm afraid.

I'm confused now by this thread as I didn't see the remark in question. Did she state that her product would help you through difficult times, or that it would support your skin through these times? Imo there's a world of difference between the two. The former would be ridiculous and clearly insensitive and the second one just sales spiel. Could someone please post a link so we can see/hear offending comments for ourselves?

In answer to the sceptics (or should that be septics) I live in London and not the IOW as implied by Amn, I have a boring and ordinary job in a legal firm not far off Sloane Street. However I do take time to research my skin care and have used LE for over 10 years. I was fortunate to be invited along with 50 or so other like minded people to the 15th Anniversary event for Cleanse and Polish where Liz gave a talk and explained at length about the almond milk removal - and was only too happy to discuss the matter further afterwards. I realise that this is probably way over your heads to comprehend and in true forum traditions you all take things out of context, declare something you are ignorant over a complete dislike and hang the next person who tries to explain/defend whatever it is you are ranting over. This website is decidedly more bitchy than I was led to believe but then I suppose anonimity brings it out in people - you wouldn't be allowed to get away with half the things you post here if you were to do the same of FB - for one thing you'd have to show the real you although I suspect I have worked out who a few of you are from your comments here and on FB.

....However I do take time to research my skin care and have used LE for over 10 years. I was fortunate to be invited along with 50 or so other like minded people to the 15th Anniversary event for Cleanse and Polish where Liz gave a talk and explained at length about the almond milk removal - and was only too happy to discuss the matter further afterwards. I realise that this is probably way over your heads to comprehend and in true forum traditions you all take things out of context, declare something you are ignorant over a complete dislike and hang the next person who tries to explain/defend whatever it is you are ranting over. This website is decidedly more bitchy than I was led to believe but then I suppose anonimity brings it out in people - you wouldn't be allowed to get away with half the things you post here if you were to do the same of FB - for one thing you'd have to show the real you although I suspect I have worked out who a few of you are from your comments here and on FB.

Most if not all the forum members take a lot of time and effort to understand and research companies and their ingredients. Most have used LE for a considerable amount of time and most have found that the new formula is not working as well. Not everyone has had the opportunity to meet with LE and get answers on the subject of almond milk, or why the formula is not working as well for them.

I moved away from LE quite some time ago as I think there are better formulations out there with a stronger ethic to the same values that LE markets. I think most who use LE and are dissatisfied now will find a better product (A'kin, and Nude are much better products than LE's range could ever be IMO). But, in the meantime it is fair enough if those who have made LE the success she is now by loyally buying her range for years are unhappy with the responses they are getting.

I think you are mistaking a community spirit for bitchiness...people have generally tried to voice these issues to the LE company and been ignored...and these are intelligent and knowledgeable people.

I think you are mistaking genuine, heartfelt and reasonable discontent with bitchiness. I for one have not posted anything I would not gladly say face-to-face to LE or anyone else, and I suspect this is true for others too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back