Irritating product demos

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AY going on about how Amica uses 'this' product all the time. Glad she told me - that woman has sooooo many lines on her face there's no way I want to be using what she does!!!!

I forgot to add the lectures on using a good eye make up remover and not using an all in one cleanser around the eyes until an all in one cleanser is on and then it changes to who can be bothered to fiddle around with a seperate eye make up remover.
Talking of eye make up remover, the floracil demos when they show the cotton pad with the inprints of the eyelashes as though this is a miracle.The result with any wipe is the same.

Liz Earle, cannot stand the woman. The swarmy smirk as she looks at the camera which has been smeared in vasaline to give that ethernal glow. Give it up woman you sold the company to Avon who actually might be bought out by L'Oreal in the not to distance future.

Floracel(sp), you can see quite clearly the model usually Amica still has a loads of mascara still on her lashes. Oh and even doing skincare demos she always has mascara and lipstick on. They use the cleanser from whatever brand on her face but never seem to touch her mascara or lipstick.

BE, they buff and buff and buff and buff. Models sitting getting it slapped on over and over, when you can see they have already got makeup on when they start the show.

Oh yes the under eye concealer on models who don't have any.

Bl**dy irritating Mally whose blusher " makes you look as if you've just had sex with Johnny Depp" ..mildy funny the first time but she says it every single s*dding show.
The Space Bags woman shrink wrapping that massive teddy bear every demo.
'Janey' the Slim & Lift Hitler.. poking and prodding her long suffering models who she claims are all friends of hers...if a friend of mine did that she'd get a good slap.

the burning cheese demo on the cooks essential lifetime guarantee pans that after 6 uses do not reamain non stick.

Already been covered in GlamBurglar's excellent thread, but smearing beauty products on the backs of their hands and then going 'look - LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER MY HAND LOOKS!!!' Yeah whatevs, innit.

The irritation levels soar when they also demo eyeliners on the backs of their hands and then spray them with water or whatever to show how 'bulletproof' they are. In a scientific experiment conducted Chez Cavey I applied Mally eyeliner to the back of my hand, waited a minute then applied water - net result, smudged a bit but didn't budge much. Applied Mally eyeliner all around the literal actual eye area, let it set - applied no water - within half an hour smudged and melted to b******. :wink:

The Bose bloke with his bent pipes and candles. If it got anywhere near me, he'd be having those things extracted from a very awkward place.

L'Occitane demos - when she pulls out those little triangular charts and starts puffing on about topnotes and whatnot. It's worse than listening to a wine bore.

Oreck, not so much the giant scales but when she keeps swinging it round her ****** head. One day she's going to klump someone with it and get sued.

Technology - specifically cameras and camcorders. The same shots of someone kids at the zoo, on the beach on holiday or watching the London Eye from across the Thames.

Crafting - showing page after page after page of some migraine inducing coloured card. And taking stickers off one piece of paper and sticking them on another.

Northern Shites - OMG will that woman please STOP POKING THE ***** BEDDING! I can't begin to tell you how much this annoys me. And get Anne Dawson out of the bliddy bed!

And finally, every month from "across the pond" comes Kim and Co, Ronnie Nicole and Poxy Pearls. Enough already!

(Now I'm off to lie down in a darkened room. Great thread :D Anyone would think we don't like QVC! I've moved along, there is nothing to see there ;)

The Leg Magic contraption...found it off putting where the woman who invented it wears a denim mini skirt and has lily white legs in shoes, not against that as such it just does not look right for a fitness demo.

L'Occitane demo for the Shea butter soaps...Alexis and AY constantly rolling the bar of soap in their hands to show us the lather, scooping it and then spreading it on the back of the hand to show us how luxurious the bubbles are. I do know how to use soap!

The Philopsophy ones are dreadful! Renee with the constant application of lipgloss, the others wafting perfume around like hairspray, roller ball fragrance being rolled up and down the neck, body lotion being applied up and down their arms showing us that sheeeeen...arghhhhhh....it's shiny because they have applied so much!

LE demos where there is a regular blonde model (don't know her name) who grins inanely at the camera, application of products and comments so OTT makes me change channels.

Bobbi Brown the other week where Renee was the model. Everytime Paul applied some make up she would turn to the camera and pout...drives me mad!

Yep....ready for a lie down now....:cheeky:

On the same topic but different, the demo that I used to like was Stacey with no make up and curlers in applying slap like a mad woman.

AY going on about how Amica uses 'this' product all the time. Glad she told me - that woman has sooooo many lines on her face there's no way I want to be using what she does!!!!

I'm sure she was on a show presented by Charlie and he asked whether he could say how old she was , she replied that she was 10 years younger than he is and he said that he is 38. I was absolutely astonished she wasn't older, did anyone else see this and if so did I get the wrong end of the stick?

I'm sure she was on a show presented by Charlie and he asked whether he could say how old she was , she replied that she was 10 years younger than he is and he said that he is 38. I was absolutely astonished she wasn't older, did anyone else see this and if so did I get the wrong end of the stick?

Pretty sure that she is 48 - 10 yrs OLDER than Charlie. She said so on a show once, and I remember (sad, I know) working out that she must have been early 40's when she had her youngest child.

Pretty sure that she is 48 - 10 yrs OLDER than Charlie. She said so on a show once, and I remember (sad, I know) working out that she must have been early 40's when she had her youngest child.

That sounds a bit more like it!

Anything involving food tasting. This seems to require a lot of 'mmmming' and shaking of the hand and ducking of the head whilst the morsel is being savoured 'for you'. That congealed blob must sure taste good. Find that beefy meat man a bit of an appetite suppressant too.

Anything involving food tasting. This seems to require a lot of 'mmmming' and shaking of the hand and ducking of the head whilst the morsel is being savoured 'for you'. That congealed blob must sure taste good. Find that beefy meat man a bit of an appetite suppressant too.

You could be onto summat there, maybe I should stick a picture of him on the fridge. Might put me off opening it quite so often.

:grin: I am 1 in number who finds him an appetite supressant too. I'd completely forgotten about the food tasting demos which are surely the rankest thing to watch. I especially love seeing the presenters coo-ing over a clammy looking pie or a bit of undercooked turk-eh.

I remember once seeing a demo for King's Realm when they were selling chicken breasts stuffed with something or other revolting - and the chef lady (Gail?) pulled the chicken out of the oven, began slicing into it - but it was really red raw inside - camera panned quickly away and she said 'Yes, I think that could do with another 5 minutes in the oven...' :grin::wink: . Indeed so, my dear - another 40 would have been more like it.

Yes, in my opinion,the food demos are probably the worst.
Not nice watching folk masticating (!) anyway,but add to that the irritation of them sticking a tiny bit of food in their mouth and immediately going 'Mmmmmmmmmm' in an OTT way, before they can possibly have even tasted it, really grinds my gears.
Especially when it is some flabby looking Slimetree Pantry type pie that looks like it must taste revolting, so they specially ramp up the 'Mmmmmmmming' to compensate for that.

Last edited:
I think the person who first mentioned this has hit the nail sqaurely on the head...Yup, food demos have got to be the most irritating by far!!! Not only the mmmmmms, and ahhs, and the stupid faces they pull, it's the eating with their mouths full..."Omm issis goob"...might be for you luvvie, but to the rest of us, it's downright rude and quite revolting to watch and hear!!!

Last edited: