Irritating product demos

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Agree with all of these.....but can't watch any of them! Too cringe worthy.

I did sit through an AD and B&W show the other day,and the constant talking from AD was unbelievable! The more I noticed it,the more it got on my wick.She hardly came up for air - let alone give you any sizes or measurements.

Love tiffany lighting - but couldn't suffer any more of JF last week.The over use of the word "mate":puke: did nothing for me,and I could bear it no longer.

Oooh,I'm on a bi$ch today........don't normally have to put up with KT as am at work and she does mornings - and am normally too busy at the weekend to put up with AD.CS's roots were minging this week,so couldn't watch her either:down:

I forgot one - demonstrations of torches where the moron on screen thinks that pointing it directly into the camera is a good way to show you how bright it is. Try that for real and he'd end up with a black eye.

LEG MAGIC - where that awful man slaps his thighs to show they aren't wobbly

MICROPLANE - especially when Ann Dawson plonked a plastic bag full of dead skin on the table that she had removed from her feet the night before! :eek:

BIRKENSTOCKS - when the models stand there bending their feet backwards and forwards, yes we get the idea they're flexible thankyou!

QUACKER - that silly woman making that duck noise and idiotic t callers joining in saying it's a lot of fun - it isn't

and a few from the past.....

SCARFLACE - Moira C doing her '20 styles in one minute' routine including Grace Kelly with a scarf wrapped around her head and sunglasses :giggle:

FOUNTAIN PEN - can't remember the name, where she stabbed a coke can with the pen to show how strong the nib was

I've had a real chuckle reading these comments. I agree;

The before and after beauty shots where the lighting and hair look completely different.

Renee pouting and posturing as if she thinks she is on a completely different channel.

Tova spraying perfume (sorry, eau de parfum, which apparently is extremely rare and not at all available in every other shop on the high street! yeah, right!) all around herself and the QVC studio, if it was so potent and luxuuuurious and precious, you wouldn't need to spray half a bottle. It just goes to prove how weak the perfume is.

Liz Earle, and how she is always colour coordinated with her products!

Keeley, just cannot watch her and the Elemis shows.

Amica, when she used to appear with Stacey on Models Prefer, and she was drooling over all the products, and Stacey would refer to her as a super model.

Any fashion demo - I'm sorry, to use the word fashion is a travesty when referring to most of the the garnments that QVC sell.

The worst offender, for me, is Jerome Alexander on Ideal World, slapping makeup onto the poor models with those huge paws, grinding concealer into the delicate under eye area and almost poking the models in the eye with his mascara brush. They seem to physically wince as he comes near, and the befores always look better then the afters!

Food demo's drive me mad. Those meat pies might be nice but after being under the studio lights they look like dog meat in a crust:puke:

Also can't stand any demo by our resident horse loving beauty expert and her voice is like fingernails on a blackboard to me!!

The worst offender, for me, is Jerome Alexander on Ideal World, slapping makeup onto the poor models with those huge paws, grinding concealer into the delicate under eye area and almost poking the models in the eye with his mascara brush. They seem to physically wince as he comes near, and the befores always look better then the afters!

I switched on and told my DD to watch him 'cos he is so rough. There he was daubing away and the next minute he shoved the models nose with his finger to show the other side of her face. My DD said OMG, he can't do that, that is terrible. Well he did and it was. :mysmilie_10: