JR's diffucult year???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's diffucult year???

What I would call a diffucult year is what AK, Amica and plenty of our forum friends are going through or have gone through in the past year, yeah the menopause can be very trying, but not really life threatening! IMHO JR should take a page out of AK's book and get on with her life without attention seeking.We all have trials and tribulations but we get over them as best we can.

So Julia has, health issues, menopause related problems, sensitive skin and nails, her daughter has moved out, she has money related problems, leaky breast implants, and marriage problems (she isn't married). No wonder she said she was having a bad year.

I think she might have been better either not mentioning it or saying why she had a difficult year then there wouldn't have been all this speculation.

JR's diffucult year???

What I would call a diffucult year is what AK, Amica and plenty of our forum friends are going through or have gone through in the past year, yeah the menopause can be very trying, but not really life threatening! IMHO JR should take a page out of AK's book and get on with her life without attention seeking.We all have trials and tribulations but we get over them as best we can.

The thing is no one knows what JR is talking about. She could have had something really awful happen that no one on here knows about.

I have had a bad year but that doesn't mean to say I have had something life threatening. We all have different worries in our lives some big and some small but that isn't to say they aren't problems for us.

oooh dear I wish I hadn't suggested anything about Julia now .. all I was meaning was that a few comments Julia has made on air recently were similar to things I have been going through, and those particular signs were indicative for me of the menopause. I didn't say she had it, I have no idea whatsoever is going on with her. And as you say it would be far easier for her to just tell us LOL, but perhaps they are told not to talk too much as it detracts from selling time. I was just relating to a few symptoms that's all.

I had cancer biopsies taken for endemetrial cancer and this resulted in an urgent hysterectomy being required which in the few weeks since has put "me" into menopause and my symptoms are similar that's all. And for sure whilst my situation is related to cancer, I have not had to endure chemo like Amica and Alison, therefore, I wouldn't dream of comparing myself to them. I think Alison is truly inspirational infact.

Whatever it is? with Julia, obviously has/is upsetting her and I wish her well, each to their own and all that, nothing is a competition.

Last edited:
Spooky, I wasn't having a dig at you so please don't think my post was directed at you. I think you are probably correct in saying JR may have menopause related issues.

My gripe is that no one knows exactly what her problems are and they could be life threatening or major or not. I don't think she needs to share that information with anyone unless she wants to and she obviously doesn't.

My sister swears by Menopace with Calcium for her menopause symptoms.

The receptionist at the vet's swears by a magnet she wears down her drawers. It has special properties apparently. It's called Ladycare if anyone is interested. I'm waiting for it to appear on the next Taboo Health Solutions show - wonder if it will have a 30 day mbg ?

Me ? I just swear - can't find anything to stop my tropical moments although they only happen if the weather is hot or I'm in a confined or stuffy room.

My sister swears by Menopace with Calcium for her menopause symptoms.

The receptionist at the vet's swears by a magnet she wears down her drawers. It has special properties apparently. It's called Ladycare if anyone is interested. I'm waiting for it to appear on the next Taboo Health Solutions show - wonder if it will have a 30 day mbg ?

Me ? I just swear - can't find anything to stop my tropical moments although they only happen if the weather is hot or I'm in a confined or stuffy room.

I thought the Ladycare was for period pains and haven't heard before about magnet therapy helping menopause symptoms tbh - I do use them for pain but I can't say my menopausal symptoms are any better..!

My gripe is that no one knows exactly what her problems are and they could be life threatening or major or not. I don't think she needs to share that information with anyone unless she wants to and she obviously doesn't.
Precisely!! And that's why she needs to keep her gob shut and stop her constant attention seeking. :rolleyes:

oooh dear I wish I hadn't suggested anything about Julia now .. all I was meaning was that a few comments Julia has made on air recently were similar to things I have been going through, and those particular signs were indicative for me of the menopause. I didn't say she had it, I have no idea whatsoever is going on with her. And as you say it would be far easier for her to just tell us LOL, but perhaps they are told not to talk too much as it detracts from selling time. I was just relating to a few symptoms that's all.

I had cancer biopsies taken for endemetrial cancer and this resulted in an urgent hysterectomy being required which in the few weeks since has put "me" into menopause and my symptoms are similar that's all. And for sure whilst my situation is related to cancer, I have not had to endure chemo like Amica and Alison, therefore, I wouldn't dream of comparing myself to them. I think Alison is truly inspirational infact.

Whatever it is? with Julia, obviously has/is upsetting her and I wish her well, each to their own and all that, nothing is a competition.

Spooky I am very sorry if you thought my post was aimed at you, it truly wasn't. I too had a biopsy ... on my face a few years ago,which I am pleased to say proved to be nothing major. I do wish Julia well, but I can't be doing with her attention seeking ways, after all she is just a sales person on tv and not a personal friend.

Well considering I started this thread,I feel the need to clarify,that it was just pure nosiness.

I can't help it lol.

Shes not my favourite presenter - but thats not to say I wish her ill health.Or anyone come to that.I truly hope whatever constitutes her bad year - well that it gets better.

As its been said here,no one really knows what goes on in other peoples lives.Speaking from personal experience,we also don't know whats round the corner,for ourselves.

sorry to but in again but i honestly dont think we can compare 'supposed' problems that 'may' be there with other peoples health problems that we 'know' exist.
there are varying degrees of 'rough' and only when you hit a 'rougher' year do you realise how luxurious your other problems were. we should not judge people on how bad they feel or when they are allowed to class a year as 'rough'.
sometimes when you think that you have hit rock bottom the only thing that saves your sanity is the thought that someone somewhere has it worse and you are just thankful you are not them.

Spooky I am very sorry if you thought my post was aimed at you, it truly wasn't. I too had a biopsy ... on my face a few years ago,which I am pleased to say proved to be nothing major. I do wish Julia well, but I can't be doing with her attention seeking ways, after all she is just a sales person on tv and not a personal friend.

WELL SAID KATHY !!!! we all know the older we all get the more life becomes difficult either with children leaving home, elderley parents to look after and also losing parents and even friends. There is always someone worse off than oneself so perhaps Julia should keep it to herself or say why she has had a bad year..

I do have to say I'd wonder why she's write something like that.

I'm the first to say that Im an honest person - but honesty is my downfall.

I'm the first to walk into work and say I've had a row with my DH,or that something has happened with my teens.I can't go in and keep quiet like most people can!

But at least I do say why I feel the way I do!!

Well, I couldn't care less. As we all do, I have enough to deal with in my own life.

i'm still intrigued by the magnet down the vet's receptionist's drawers - and how that comes up in conversation when you're booking the cat in for his vaccinations.

reminds me of that woman with the vibrating knickers who passed out in asda.

i'm still intrigued by the magnet down the vet's receptionist's drawers - and how that comes up in conversation when you're booking the cat in for his vaccinations.

God I've led a sheltered life.:blush: :whew:

Are they readily available in all supermarkets??!!! :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back