JR's diffucult year???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maybe i'm just in a mood lol but as a few others have said what amica and AK have gone/are going through constitutes a difficult yr. she obviously wants her "fans" to fawn over her oh poor julia what's wrong? smacks of attention seeking but then when isn't she?

Well I've been in the vets more often than one woman ought of late, due to a gummie problem with the cat, but I can honestly say that a magnet down the drawers has never cropped up in conversation. Not once!

I've no idea what Julia's rough year is about but I wish her well. And we all cope differently don't we? I went for an annual spa weekend with some girlfriends and one mentioned that she hoped I didn't have the same trauma this year as last. I couldn't think what she was on about until she reminded me that my house had been burgled when we were there the year before. I knew my house had been burgled obviously but I don't dwell on it. It happened. Move on.

I was out investigating Red Clover etc today in Boots and saw the ole Ladycare magnet thingy that people have mentioned in this thread. It was blue and sparkly, how bizarre never heard of that idea before, just my luck if I tried it I'd then have to run for the bus and it would fling across the pavement LOL.

Hey spooky are you buying red clover for hot flushes?...............I'd be interested to see how you get on?

I had my op in mid november and have been taken one of the lower dosages of HRT since Jan.I've also been taken menopace - but neither are really helping with the hot flushes :confused:

In desperation for hot flush remedies (mine are caused by chemo and subsequent drugs), I tried the magnet as one of the nurses said some women had found them useful. I persisted for several months but the only thing they did for me was attach me to Morrisons checkout, shopping trolleys and the like.....Entertainment value I suppose!! Bizarrely I was never stopped at airport security. I'm now on low dose anti-depressants to keep me calm as I can't take black cohosh or red clover because of the way they work. Hope my magnet experience has amused you on this winter's evening.

Just to clarify my post introducing the magnet into our conversation. I was rummaging for my credit card and getting hotter and hotter. The receptionist just mentioned the magnet, gave me the details and warned me about going near metal. Apparently the first time she wore it to work she leant over the desk to get something and all the paperclips leapt out of their pot and clung to her belly.

Luckily she didn't charge me for this tip, as I had to pay out £226 for my Eric's scale and polish. I'm so glad he didn't need any extractions ! $$$$$$$$$$$

Linda xx

I feel for Spooky and all others who have had an early hysterectomy, I had a total hysterectomy at 34. Of course, you are immediately post-menopausal because the ovaries have been removed. It was done as it was an emergency but it really does mess up your body, hair, face (mine wasn't great before lol) etc...

I hope Julia will have a better year this year.

Inge xx

In desperation for hot flush remedies (mine are caused by chemo and subsequent drugs), I tried the magnet as one of the nurses said some women had found them useful. I persisted for several months but the only thing they did for me was attach me to Morrisons checkout, shopping trolleys and the like.....Entertainment value I suppose!! Bizarrely I was never stopped at airport security. I'm now on low dose anti-depressants to keep me calm as I can't take black cohosh or red clover because of the way they work. Hope my magnet experience has amused you on this winter's evening.

I sailed through the menopause not a symptom and now 7 years later after like liz , last year after I had a mastecomy chemo and all the rest of the drugs they through at you they caused all sorts of problems and resulted in me having a hysterectomy and low and behold Now I am having hot flushes and I live in a country which is 90c everyday . Tried all sorts to no avail . Hopefully they will go away but I am sure it is the drugs I got to take which is causing them. Good thing is in company people think it is just the heat. LOL

Last edited:
She's alluded to having a lot of health issues in the past year.

Must admit I rarely watch these days, but trawling through the channels a couple of days ago I caught JR and thought she looked dreadful, huge bags under her eyes, grey skin, eyes possibly swollen. Hope things improve for her.

Hey spooky are you buying red clover for hot flushes?...............I'd be interested to see how you get on?

I had my op in mid november and have been taken one of the lower dosages of HRT since Jan.I've also been taken menopace - but neither are really helping with the hot flushes :confused:

Hiya, I looked for Red Clover and Black Cohosh in Boots and Holland and Barrett, but to be honest I don't really know what they are for as the boxes don't actually seem to say, they talk more about where it comes from and what it is, rather than what it will do. I've got the works myself too, hot flushes, really dry skin, peeling nails, hair loss etc etc etc - and GP suggested this but didn't say what aspect it worked on, whether its overall for everything or individual things I'm not sure. Did get all my hair cut off short though so the hair loss isn't so visible.

I haven't started taking anything yet as I was amazed as to its cost - near on £25 for the Red Clover and that will only last a month!. So I just did some research until my blood test results come back, cause I may get it on prescription, if you can get homeopathy things on prescription as I suppose there's nothing medical medical in them. I did buy Boots brand Skin, Hair and Nails supplement, this was just £6 for a months supply so wasn't breaking the bank till test results come in.

I have been recommended Menopace too but did you know they do a Menopace Red Clover version too, only available in Boots and online but again its £20+ for 30 tabs.

Also, goodness some of the tablets were big, be like swallowing horse pills LOL

Hope you continue to improve love, rotten isn't it. Had to crawl up the bed on my elbows the other day cause tummy muscles are shot and I'd fell asleep on my tummy and everything really hurt, must have looked quite comical though to hubby.

Last edited:
Ooh perhaps she has read this thread then.

It was tears and hugs all round and I can truthfully say it puts any problems I may have into perspective, watching the composed manner in which she is coping with what life has dealt her. The next step is to get her back modelling on QVC.

She wrote it January 27, 2012.

Have read the blog "Spooky" - cor, what a life these showbizzy types in London lead eh ? - off to the pub for "woo hoo", then on to Jamie Oliver's restaurant for dinner - life is really tough aint it ! and Sophie is ACTUALLY leaving qvc for pastures new - hmmmmmm.

Have read the blog "Spooky" - cor, what a life these showbizzy types in London lead eh ? - off to the pub for "woo hoo", then on to Jamie Oliver's restaurant for dinner - life is really tough aint it ! and Sophie is ACTUALLY leaving qvc for pastures new - hmmmmmm.

JR can't win, if she writes about how bad she is feeling people are quick to have a go and if she writes something more up beat then people still have a dig.

Spooky,you are right about supplements costing a lot of money and I have friends who spent loads on them only to find they did not help at all. of course some people may swear by them but you never really know until you have tried them for months.Also some have side effects,for example black cohosh is not suitable if you suffer from headaches and migraines as it can make them worse.natural doesn't always mean good.

Spooky,you are right about supplements costing a lot of money and I have friends who spent loads on them only to find they did not help at all. of course some people may swear by them but you never really know until you have tried them for months.Also some have side effects,for example black cohosh is not suitable if you suffer from headaches and migraines as it can make them worse.natural doesn't always mean good.

Oooh I had no idea about that, I suffer migraines every month linked to my cycle, and even though I no longer have that "visit" I bizarrely still get them. I take Maxalt for them, so if Black Cohosh will make them worse its definitely worth knowing, so big thank you!! Some of the boxes yesterday were sealed so course you couldn't read the leaflet stating about contradictions etc unless you bought them. Thank you, saved me a few pennies there on that one! :eek:))

Just to clarify my post introducing the magnet into our conversation. I was rummaging for my credit card and getting hotter and hotter. The receptionist just mentioned the magnet, gave me the details and warned me about going near metal. Apparently the first time she wore it to work she leant over the desk to get something and all the paperclips leapt out of their pot and clung to her belly.

Luckily she didn't charge me for this tip, as I had to pay out £226 for my Eric's scale and polish. I'm so glad he didn't need any extractions ! $$$$$$$$$$$

Linda xx

I'm wondering if she was wearing it the right way round! The magnetic bit is supposed to be against your skin and I certainly didn't have the paper clip problems!

Latest posts

Back