is Jilly pregnant

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

seasiders

Registered Shopper
watched Jilly Halliday on the tsv launch this morning is she pregnant or just put on abit of weight around her middle? If she is i hope she doesn't leave as she is by far one of the better presenters at least she allows the guests to get a word in edgeways unlike JF and the ghastly SG

I couldn't say if she is pregnant but I've noticed that she has always been a bigger lady than some of the other presenters.

I like Jilly and so what if shes gained some weight , im sure all of us have one time or another , I doubt shes pregnant but tbh its none of our business if she is or isn't, it doesn't effect her doing her job does it .....

She sure as hell doesn't look 51. I wish her joy if she is "with child" and if not thank heavens that someone who doesn't toe the Q,party line will not be replaced by another SG.

I really like Jilly and wish she was on more and if she is 51 then omg she looks really good on it - perhaps la Q should do a whole beauty show on what she uses!!

I'm not a Jilly fan... Can't stand her pronunciation: 'bran-new', 'twenny', 'thirly' (instead of twenty or thirty) and constant use of 'yeah, yeah, yeah'.

As to her figure, nothing wrong with it that I can see... she's always been a bit bottom heavy but that's actually not a bad thing. It's the Q top that was unflattering IMO.

I remember when she did beauty shows with AY, she always used Decleor skin care. I doubt she is expecting, just normal middle aged weight gain happens when you hit the menopause to most women.

I think she looks great and is definitely one of the more professional presenters. She lets her guests speaks and asks them useful questions. I would say she is an asset to QVC as apposed to some presenters that shall remain nameless.!!

sorry i wasn't criticising her look as a 50 something myself i know about middle age spread she looked lovely i know her children are older maybe it was the top she was wearing

sorry i wasn't criticising her look as a 50 something myself i know about middle age spread she looked lovely i know her children are older maybe it was the top she was wearing

Your post simply asked a question. It wasn't critical at all.

How would you feel if you overheard someone asking if YOU were pregnant? I expect you'd feel pretty horrified.

I've always been surprised how critical women can be of other women... Body shape is genetic and age changes us all.

How would you feel if you overheard someone asking if YOU were pregnant? I expect you'd feel pretty horrified.

If I was 51 and I heard someone asking if I was pregnant I would be quite flattered that they thought I looked much younger than my actual age.

LOL I'm 51 too and was just thinking the same.

Every so often there's a "is so-and-so pregnant?" thread. If I turn sideways looking in the mirror I can make my tummy look about 4 months gone, so I mostly hold it in or don't turn sideways if there's a mirror about!

Hilly is lovely isn't she? Very calming to watch an very attractive she looks like someone I kno, Jilly is a welcome change from the shouty pencil Thin hyper active presenters I could watch her and Alison Keenan all day.

I like Jilly. Her presenting style is better than the aggressive, grating antics of most others. I don't think she is pregnant, although I guess it is not beyond the bounds of possibility, though the phrase "primagravida" does come to mind. I think she is just naturally pear shaped. More like a Williams pear than a conference.

I've always been surprised how critical women can be of other women... Body shape is genetic and age changes us all.

'Horrified', lol, I save that emotion for when I read about a murder or suchlike, give Seasiders a break!

Pre Steve and the kids, Jilly was a live life to the full type of gal, with at least 3 holidays a year being a must. Now, she is a wife and mother and, it appears, she executes that position with the same gusto she did her single life. Yes, she has got a bit of weight around her middle - I'm sure she would be the first to admit this - but, so what? I think Jilly is a 'normal' middle aged woman, who has more to worry about than her weight. She is a true professional, an extremely inoffensive presenter, with an amiable character. Whilst she may not be one's favourite presenter, there is nothing about her, I feel, which would rile the emotions, causing one to switch the off button. She is by far, not a hard sell presenter, who gushes about the efficacy of the product, and what a brilliant invention it is, which she couldn't be without. Extremely refreshing from someone who is, fundamentally, a sales person.

I agree on the pronunciation issue that was raised but on the watchability scale Jilly is still way ahead of the presenters who interrupt, talk over guests, shout or are extremely pushy. As Louise commented I don't imagine people switching off because Jilly is presenting.

"Primagravida" just means first pregnancy.

Jilly has 2 children.

"Elderly primagravida" means first pregnancy over 35, although I also had this tag with my first successful pregnancy at 31. It's weird to be "elderly" anything at 30something!

Now I'm hurtling towards being an "elderly pedant". :wink:

Latest posts

Back