Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hello Mr T,
I have to admit to two purchases. The first being a Tom Tom sat nav - with Andy Love about 2 years ago and more recently the Little Yello steam cleaner which sold for an all in delivered price of £8.99 (That offer was to good to be true). Both arrived very quickly. With regards to MM, if he's selling when I have IW on, the tv goes straight over. :mysmilie_17:

Mr Mason had the same effect on me. 30 seconds is usually my limit.

What is totally unbearable is the way the presenters think they know all about watches esp that cor blimey govnor bloke who was wincingly cringey to the man from android who knew, as you would expect, far more about his product and 'actually' got a sale from me. But they keep butting in with the pretence that there are hundreds of folk in the lines, its going to go limited, you must check out the web now blahdeblah. IW would be better off just getting the bods in to sell stuff themselves sans Twitty presenters. Wouldn't have the laff factor tho!:mysmilie_19:

IW sales rep says "Hey me ole muckahssss!!! Try this for free!! Try this for free!! Try this for free!!................Give us just £50 today........." :confused: :wink: then said sales rep goes into full flow about trying this product and if you don't get on with it return it and we will refund the £50.

For me free means pay nowt nada zilch not one penny until you are happy then start paying!! Really??? surely they must have a better and more coherent sales pitch than that load of old cobblers :smirk:

What is totally unbearable is the way the presenters think they know all about watches esp that cor blimey govnor bloke who was wincingly cringey to the man from android who knew, as you would expect, far more about his product and 'actually' got a sale from me. But they keep butting in with the pretence that there are hundreds of folk in the lines, its going to go limited, you must check out the web now blahdeblah. IW would be better off just getting the bods in to sell stuff themselves sans Twitty presenters. Wouldn't have the laff factor tho!:mysmilie_19:

Well said. They probably spent five minutes researching the watch (or whatwver they are selling) and then try to convince us they are experts! The chap you are referring to actually said once "this product is so good even I have bought one". Like we are meant to be impressed by that.

Could you imagine the traffic on this site if Mike Mason and Peter Simon got hired by QVC?

I'd love to see it happen quite frankly.

Saw Dirty Peter ealier selling cushions. I thought I was back in the 1970s when he announced to the bloke with him that "his pussy would love this". Laugh, I nearly did. All we needed was Mrs Slocombe from Are You Being Served.

Did you see him doing the Nutribullet the other night - he was going mental - ten times more then he ever did on Bid - it was hilarious!

Did you see him doing the Nutribullet the other night - he was going mental - ten times more then he ever did on Bid - it was hilarious!

I missed that! I try to avoid watching him selling anything food related as he acts like he had not eaten for a week, its not a pleasant sight! He must have been hyper on that day if he ws worse than on Bid!

I was put off the Nutribullet when Mike Mason described the process as "pre digestion" It made me think of horror films for some reason,especially when they are demonstrating some green mixture. ugh.......

Saw Dirty Peter ealier selling cushions. I thought I was back in the 1970s when he announced to the bloke with him that "his pussy would love this". Laugh, I nearly did. All we needed was Mrs Slocombe from Are You Being Served.

I'm far from a prude, but i'm amazed that he gets away with his dirty humour during the day time.

It's almost like he is challenging his critics.

I'm far from a prude, but i'm amazed that he gets away with his dirty humour during the day time.

It's almost like he is challenging his critics.

I'm also not a prude, I was a teenager in the 80s and was brought up on The Young Ones and Bottom, but he is just so not funny. The chap he was with looked really embarassed and laughed nervously. My personal favourite was when, on Bid, he somehow got the words "going down on the vicar" in a sentence. For someone who claims to be deeply religious (when selling crosses) I'm surprised he stoops to such comments.

Ah, did anyone else see it last night? We had the return of the "and now...LIve from Peterborough...." Peter Simon entrance. Good grief is he PAYING ideal world to let him take over? The 'love cuddle' will be back at any moment...... take cover folks :p

Genuinely, I think it was the dimmed lights and camera on a doorway with him stepping, not only through, not only with the apple, and the pad, not only with the grace of the air of the Peterborough........

Awful.

And totally agree, I'm no prude either, but the bedding show was a bit much for that time of day, I even found myself gasping out loud at one point! Actually that reminds me, I had a dream last night that PS got the whole of Ideal shut down off air because of his rudeness, LOL :p

No, not the grand entrance please..... It seems like everytime I turn over he is there. And Cheesecake, maybe your dream about Peter Simon was a premonition!

I think IW seem to welcome Peter Simon's presentations as they apparently are not toning "His act down". I remember when Bid were on the way out, this presenting style of not only PS, not only most of the other presenters, were nose diving the channel. With the addition of so many of the ex bid mob, it seems the process of extinction is well on its way for this channel too! There were some cringe worthy moments I saw of him this week. In true bid style - I couldn't believe what was being said. It seems to me that he has free range to use his "Act" first, and second to almost forget why he is there, - to sell stuff. IW are becoming a joke!

I find it genuinely fascinating that they are so willing to incorporate the format of a channel that was shutdown live on air....

I find it genuinely fascinating that they are so willing to incorporate the format of a channel that was shutdown live on air....

Totally agree as usual Mr T, :mysmilie_59:
It's slow mo car crash tv. I imagine the more respected IW presenters must be wondering what the heck are these new people doing to the integrity of the channel.

With all due respect, IW presenters have never really fallen into the category of 'well respected'. The channel was always a joke with presenters prepared to say anything to get a sale, at least PS and Mike have brought some humour to add to the disgust :p When there was a choice between Ideal and Bid, Bid always got my watching (excuse the bad english) as IW used to be just low down tactics without the humour value, Bid, low down too yes, but at least you got a laigh while being disgusted with them.

In a perverse way, for me as simply a viewer and NEVER a buyer (after one purchase 10+ years ago) the addition of the Bid crew is marvellous, pure comedy gold in the car-crash-tv sense of course, with Dirty Peter and Mikey Barra Boy, compared to the sickly sweet patronising Joanne, Dennice (did I mention my daugheter is disabled) and the other hideous presenters.

Can't wait to see PS on with Moira C, my goodness, hold on to your seats......

Latest posts

Back