Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

...and I doubt IW ever had any integrity either :p Just my personal opinion you understand, but having watched from the start of the channel, integrity is never a word I would use in the same year as mentioning Ideal World.

With all due respect, IW presenters have never really fallen into the category of 'well respected'. The channel was always a joke with presenters prepared to say anything to get a sale, at least PS and Mike have brought some humour to add to the disgust :p When there was a choice between Ideal and Bid, Bid always got my watching (excuse the bad english) as IW used to be just low down tactics without the humour value, Bid, low down too yes, but at least you got a laigh while being disgusted with them.

In a perverse way, for me as simply a viewer and NEVER a buyer (after one purchase 10+ years ago) the addition of the Bid crew is marvellous, pure comedy gold in the car-crash-tv sense of course, with Dirty Peter and Mikey Barra Boy, compared to the sickly sweet patronising Joanne, Dennice (did I mention my daugheter is disabled) and the other hideous presenters.

Can't wait to see PS on with Moira C, my goodness, hold on to your seats......

I agree, it's probably the best thing that happened to this forum, them being hired as it has got people talking more since the bid shutdown.

Plus I'm simply a sadist that thinks mike mason and peter simon should do a 24 tv shift, similar to what schofield did, but on ideal world.

Isn't it funny how even the guests they have on IW now appear charlatans too? The watch woman mentioned buying a watch for Valentines Day on a show saturday or sunday, and Loen (much to my shock) earned a modicum of my respect back; the charlatan watch woman said afterwards "is it too early to mention Valentines day?" to which Loen said bluntly "yes, yes it is"

......sorry got interrupted....

Then there's the awful awful Suzi Iannnnous or whatever she is called, who actually and blatently tried the water / bouncy trick on the 'terrible' mattress, to which it stayed up no matter how much she did cartwheels on the bed, so she leant over and flicked the glass over with her hand.
Joe, whom I used to really like and trust, until I've read the reviews and heard about ceramic Tower pans........ now I'd check the calendar if he told me 25th dec was christmas day...

Which leads onto possibly the greatest of them all; the toy idiot. OMG, every toy is this years toy, despite being 'this years toy' for the last 8 years, the batteries Ideal were selling on the same show as he was on (for £4.99) he was proclaiming were worth a tenner, until about 3 days afterwards when someone corrected him, and as for his claims about 2 years ago that "I have tested every single toy helicopter on sale in the UK"......... a singular magic bow "you'll pay £3 or £4 in a card shop for one of these"..........

and soon, the biggest fraud of all, as every single guest, presenter and banner, right up to xmas eve, will say "we can guarantee this to you in time for xmas".
My biggest gripe of all which makes me feel physically sick when they do it, all matey, family friendship and fun....trust us..... blah blah.
I remember one poor lady, came on this forum about 2 weeks after xmas, an elderly relative of hers had ordered all her gifts for her family from IW with 3 WEEKS to spare before xmas, and NONE of the stuff turned up til a week after xmas, and there's the company still promising us xmas delivery 2 days before :( The poor relative was in pieces as she felt she had ruined everyones xmas.

Disgusting.

Earlier Charlie Charleston, when demoing the Wagner paint stuff said ''if you have any problems just call Banbury and we will sort it out''

Charlie mate... you don't work for Wagner. You work for ideal world... as you will be on the next time craig isn't available or for another DIY product. So what is this WE business.

Happens on QVC a lot... ''we we we'' from someone who demos products from 12 other brands.

I have watched the paint sprayong demo. What is all this "you have guests for Christmas so you must spray paint your lounge"? Am I the only person in the world who does not do this? I am now terrified to let anyone in in case they look down on my cream coloured walls.

I have watched the paint sprayong demo. What is all this "you have guests for Christmas so you must spray paint your lounge"? Am I the only person in the world who does not do this? I am now terrified to let anyone in in case they look down on my cream coloured walls.

Not to mention all the dead skin cells lurking in our carpets according to the Bissell Vacuum lady. I can barely think about venturing outside some days - all those germs on the High Street, and all those flying must have toys (NOT). :mysmilie_59:

Muttley, I barely wash the cups if I'm having visitors :p

Visitors. ..what are they?.....?....

But seriously all the talk on IW and Q is about getting the house ready for your Christmas guests, shampooing all the carpets for example. Makes me feel tired just listening to it.

Also, we must not forget the skin cells and, ahem, bodily fluids all over our bedding. Mr Mason once put me off my tea with his somewhat graphic scaremongering of what lies in our bedding to sell a matress protector. And I am obviously in good company with my fellow forumites with regard to "unnecessary housework"!

:puke: Wow they are awful reviews!!! But come on its only a very small price (£8.19) to pay for the families complete health needs according to dennnnnnice :mysmilie_48:

IW seem to be trying to reinvent themselves in any way they can, they had a few slots with a company who will write your will and I'm sure I saw one with pre planned funeral arrangements. Dont think I would ever do any of this via a shopping channel.....

Last edited:
If anyone wants to see an interesting progression of time... just type ''ideal world christmas'' into the youtube and 'enjoy' a selection of their yearly xmas songs and the video they filmed to accompany it.

Wow a genuine Thomas Earnshaw quartz watch with a genuine leather strap for only £599.99 just like the Thomas Earnshaw's they had on Bid for 25 quid.

Today , Tower Ceramic pans are the Pick of The Year, no less. Are these pans any good ? Tower used to be a very good make years ago,I remember my dad had a set more or less all his adult life.They were stainless steel.

Latest posts

Back