Thank You for your continued support

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She is fairly awful. Either her or Q's PR team got in touch with my employers a few months back and warned against me writing a piece about here. Funny thing was I wasn't writing about her anyway! Like anyone would be interested in an article about her!

How did she know where you worked Julius:mysmilie_506: She seems to have gone into a great deal of trouble and I was wondering what you must have said to get her feathers unruffled:mysmilie_474:

If she got around to where I worked, I would take it as harassment and giving me stress while I am working!

Wow - Debbie Flint - the Ego has landed. I agree with everyone's points, and for the record, have never been banned from any group either. For someone who 'writes' books she really does come over very illiterate. I would report her to QVC too - who on earth does she think she is? This forum is fantastic and long may it live. Debbie - you need to take some chill pills and by the way I will not buy anything you are selling - I don't like your attitude, and I dislike your presentation style.

In a way she must have a rather sad life if social media is so much a part of it. Does she have any friends at all - she just seems to live her life through twitter and facebook. Sad.

Thank you Graham for this great forum.

I was going to comment on this, but you beat me to it ! I had to re-read it several times to understand what she was on about ! At least we now know she DOES read this forum - oh boy Ms Flint, you've dug yourself a real hole now girl !.

Thanks to Graham and Sazza for this forum :mysmilie_3:

If DF spent as much time writing her "books" as she did on FB she would be an awarding novelist by now !!

And for the record I haven't been banned from BTY as hell would freeze over before I requested to join that group!!

I hope DF or her alter ego JT:mysmilie_59: enjoys reading this thread.

I love this forum for what it is. A place where folk can discuss products both hood and bad with advanced warnings of TSV's and OTO's.
There is never any nastyness, just honest opinions, which being subjective are always different.
I don't do Facebook or Twitter either.
This forum has helped me make educated decisions about buying products and is an asset for all who read it.
Every bodies ideas are different and sometimes I get a good laugh at some discussions
For all those who contribute - keep up the good work and well done on an excellent vital helpful forum, can't understand why DF is so anti - maybe just ignorance !
Long may this forum continue. :mysmilie_59:

This forum is not perfect, we all at one time or another have disagreed, some more vocal than others BUT who would want to belong to a happy clappy mindless discussion group? Not me for sure .

And most of the time it is pure information based.
Other times it is a pure laugh, innocent banter which I love when we get on a roll.

I would say 99% of the negavity is about the presenters and 2 of 3 of them making up the majority of that.

I would say to the spies - look to your own house before you start preaching to others.

I am not on Facebook and, even if I were, I wouldn't want to join the BTY group. I'm not on Twitter and maybe if Debbie reads this she will know that it was me who emailed the CEO to register my dismay with regards to the constant tweeting etc throughout the presentations. Not every presenter is welded to their Ipad ........ but some are. :wink:

The thing that came across to me, after reading Graham's initial post, is that this forum has hit a nerve. Well .............. it's called Freedom of Speech. :)

Earlier in this thread I mentioned the Thought Police (see Nineteen Eighty-Four, another best-selling novel currently available in WH Smith):

Thought Police - a group of people with totalitarian views on a given subject, who constantly monitor others for any deviation from prescribed thinking

For the avoidance of doubt, the prescribed thinking is "All QVC presenters and products are unimpeachable" and the monitoring of others is now being stepped up with followers being advised to take screenshots of any deviations.

It's quite noticeable how, annoyed as we might be by it, on the ST forum we tend to find the attitude and actions of the BTY members amusing (or should that be laughable?). I have the impression that they, on the other hand, are deadly serious. Let's continue to keep our sense of humour on here and preserve our dignity as they are sadly losing their own all by themselves.

I don't think Debbie Flint is totally in the wrong. I may not be her biggest fan and I think she goes way over the top with the self-promotion and suppression of anything less than sycophantic, saccharine praise, but there are plenty of people around, including on this forum, who are quite sinister. They are, however, in the minority. The site is very well run and very professional. I find it amusing how Ms Flint tries to depict Shoppingtelly.com as a low level site for those not good enough to post elsewhere. Well guess what, Debs, I have never been on your Facebook / Twitter groups and nor would I! I like this site. The moderation is generally fair, if at times a little conservative. I know I write some things that sometimes elicit strong feelings and there are a fair number of people that hate me. I may not like this but I accept that people have the right to feel the way they do. I have been on the receiving end of some silly things myself and try (most of the time) not to dignify it with a response. When all's said and done it's just some words on an internet screen. Flint's e-books are the same - words on a screen. They are there to be read and interpreted, just like my posts and my articles. What are people going to do about it? Press their space bar!?!!!

I banned Debbie from my telly years ago and don't buy in her hours. Debbie you are banned!

Who is Sharon ? Is it the model or someone behind the scenes

No she's just DF's mate, she seems to turn up to all the Qvc events and she was the person that DF had bought the Joan Collins auction prize for during BCC, which resulted in BCC losing out as it was against the rules for any QVC employee to bid for it.

Yawn yawn to Debbie Flint, she's one of those people who love themselves a little too much and posts anywhere she can to self publicise.

She clearly reads this forum so just incase she is *waves at debbie flint* :hi:

I for one cannot understand why QVC ever had her back, she should have sunk with BidTV... her hard sell was probably better for them, Q should do the right thing and show her the door... available in many colours and sizes.

Just who does DF think she is? She surely cannot dictate what is posted here, and honestly, what difference does it make to her? She isn't QVC, just a small individual that works for a massive company.

As for this forum, I love it and have spent so much money on QVC as a result to the information here, and Graham, you are a true gent and run this site amazingly... here's too another 15+ years :glass:

Does anyone know what brought this to a head? Was it our post about Paris? Or something else?

Basically because someone who used to post here but stopped but obviously kept reading the forum without logging in, decided to once again make a post on BTY complaining about this forum, so they stirred it all up, they are now banned from here!

Basically because someone who used to post here but stopped but obviously kept reading the forum without logging in, decided to once again make a post on BTY complaining about this forum, so they stirred it all up, they are now banned from here!

Good job Sazza - nice to hear it works both ways. Thank's for doing a good job BTW :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back