Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ideal repeating shows to save cash? Oh dear

There's more and more of those 'infomercial' partners than ever, and they seem to be on more than ever too.

Benenden (looks like Shreque needs a quack)
Everest (with Grayson Perry)
The Job Show (they'll all need this soon)
Local Mobility (with Nanty and his Mam and Dad, but only in spirit)
Legacy Wills (but not with any Lawyers)
Planet Cruise (with Vice Admiral Nanty and Rear Admiral BeefiKeefi)
Plumbs Reupholstery (bet they can't fix a rip in Bonded Leather)
Thomas Sanderson Blinds (I wish I was temporarily blind when Dirty Peter is flashing his Camel Toe)

It seems a bit odd that such a 'successful' shopping channel gives so much of it's airtime up to these things. Are they finally running out of people to shill old iPads, Pans and Hoovers to? They'll surely run out of people to sell the Empire Line garb and Super Duper Trousers to soon too, unless Hayley Green keeps buying them (but never wearing them) :mysmilie_59:

Doddy Flump's Mum is 80.

Good on ya' Sheila Flump :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpeg

Who pays to fly her over every three months?

It was just yet another repeat of her last visit, looks like there's some serious cost cutting going on isn't there? The stooges are on hours at a time now aren't they? More's the pity.

And that woman who looks like Velma and sews for her Cats is on again. And what's with the stupid flower, did Nag-hani whack her over the head with a Hardy Lily? :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 160
Smacks of desperation ...

Indeed.

And the increasingly desperate and seemingly stressed Shreque has started performing a very cretinous trick that he used to pull on Price Drop. He pretends that he's talking to somebody off camera who is confirming some 'good news'.

He's just done it when 'someone was telling him' you get free delivery if you spend £50. Is his earpiece not working? He's utterly dreadful, I wish he'd sail off on another cruise.

Goon :mysmilie_59:

Seems they have a new phone number............09056 48 48

The last 48 seems one to many to mention for the scarlet pimpernel

Should have heard him before when shilling some really truly awful pretend flowers.

'09056 48 48...... it's £50...... free P&P....... you need to get on the phones'

Actually they were £49.99 and the P&P was £2.99 :mysmilie_59:

Should have heard him before when shilling some really truly awful pretend flowers.

'09056 48 48...... it's £50...... free P&P....... you need to get on the phones'

Actually they were £49.99 and the P&P was £2.99 :mysmilie_59:

He got the flexi pay wrong the other day..........'just £125 today, first flex.......' It was actually £162.50 but no correction was made. Pfft it's only money after all, ours!

He got the flexi pay wrong the other day..........'just £125 today, first flex.......' It was actually £162.50 but no correction was made. Pfft it's only money after all, ours!

It does seem it's just money after all Momma.

When Shreque was shilling the Disco Ball Rings he explained that if you bought a few of them you could use a Credit instead of a Debit Card for the combined Flexipay instalments and it would be just £200 a month and that they'd be all paid off 'long before Christmas'.

Well they'd be paid off as far as they're concerned but what about the Credit Card balance?

Scandalous, and in my opinion yet another clear sign of desperation :down:

It does seem it's just money after all Momma.

When Shreque was shilling the Disco Ball Rings he explained that if you bought a few of them you could use a Credit instead of a Debit Card for the combined Flexipay instalments and it would be just £200 a month and that they'd be all paid off 'long before Christmas'.

Well they'd be paid off as far as they're concerned but what about the Credit Card balance?

Scandalous, and in my opinion yet another clear sign of desperation :down:

Yeah, the desperation in the air has been around for a while but it seems to be gaining momentum.

It shows itself in various ways and one was apparent in the fashion hour just gone, the listening in the ear for what I presume is the sales figures. The old dodger interrupted the model, Simone, every time he asked her a question. He was obviously not interested in what Simone replied but was very interested in hearing the amount of people that were buying in his earpiece. Everything is Italian inspired and his favourite colour is......guess what?.......every colour that he had in his hand at the time.

It used to be quite relaxing to watch a fashion hour but not with him on it. It's rushed, interrrupted, drivel. Why he has to stand next to the model and paw his way round a pair of £15 'trouziz' she's modelling is repugnant!

Yeah, the desperation in the air has been around for a while but it seems to be gaining momentum.

It shows itself in various ways and one was apparent in the fashion hour just gone, the listening in the ear for what I presume is the sales figures. The old dodger interrupted the model, Simone, every time he asked her a question. He was obviously not interested in what Simone replied but was very interested in hearing the amount of people that were buying in his earpiece. Everything is Italian inspired and his favourite colour is......guess what?.......every colour that he had in his hand at the time.

It used to be quite relaxing to watch a fashion hour but not with him on it. It's rushed, interrrupted, drivel. Why he has to stand next to the model and paw his way round a pair of £15 'trouziz' she's modelling is repugnant!

Of course I agree with all this Momma, for me it comes across as a fire sale.

This was quite something. Last night Shreque was shilling plants with Navratilova Noghani and he said that the Wednesday Evening 'show' is more relaxed than the Weekend offerings and that they can take their time over each item.

So they moved onto the first item and, I kid you not, a clock appeared in the top right of the screen and a highly annoying 'tick tock, tick tock' was audible. So that's their idea of relaxed, you genuinely couldn't make it up.

Beyond desperate :down:

Of course I agree with all this Momma, for me it comes across as a fire sale.

This was quite something. Last night Shreque was shilling plants with Navratilova Noghani and he said that the Wednesday Evening 'show' is more relaxed than the Weekend offerings and that they can take their time over each item.

So they moved onto the first item and, I kid you not, a clock appeared in the top right of the screen and a highly annoying 'tick tock, tick tock' was audible. So that's their idea of relaxed, you genuinely couldn't make it up.

Beyond desperate :down:

:mysmilie_15:

Indeed.

And the increasingly desperate and seemingly stressed Shreque has started performing a very cretinous trick that he used to pull on Price Drop. He pretends that he's talking to somebody off camera who is confirming some 'good news'.

He's just done it when 'someone was telling him' you get free delivery if you spend £50. Is his earpiece not working? He's utterly dreadful, I wish he'd sail off on another cruise.

Goon :mysmilie_59:

And at the other end of the scale, Peter Simon continues to plumb the depths of 'comedy' in pursuit of sales...

vold.jpg

That's one of his gag props :dull:

I hate those shoes he wears

You hate his shoes Momma? I hate him, period.

One wonders when the multi talented Peter Vol Au Vent will be next affording us the great privilege of learning from his Art knowledge?

He knows Art, he knows Hoovering, in his spare time he's even an Actor*. A special talent, I think you'll agree :mysmilie_59:

* In the same way that Dopey Director Dormeo is an Actor, not one of any real note I fancy. We're not talking Gielgud, he's no doubt better at clearing the floor of crumbs

I wonder if i'm right in thinking that this Skinn stuff is a la Elizabeth Grant? Just OK, kind of run of the mill but in half decent looking packaging? It's online reviews are something of a mixed bag. In fairness it's not uber expensive like many of QVC's often eyewateringly steep potions but that doesn't mean it isn't uber overpriced.

Genpleaseleave keeps saying 'it's number one' in various countries but still doesn't say number one in what. It seems to be sold on let's say the lower end of the shopping channel spectrum and we must include Ideal World in that.

The guy is most certainly schlocky in his shilling style isn't he? He's in the right place :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11688

Well we have gollum on create and craft claiming his love of colouring in has been reignited...I feel for the regular C&C viewers having to watch this prat.
On other notes...Shreque and his card payment spiel is scraping the barrel.
Also I do get the feeling all may not be all we at IW but I don't think shauny would get the chop as he is an "original" of 16 years and he and the powers that be play on that.
On a final note is it just me or has salleh been on for the last 6 days straight...it feels she hasn't been away long...I feel she either needs the money after the wedding or back quick as people will forget about her and be first on the scrap heap come the end of summer.
The joys of Ideal World :grin:

Latest posts

Back