Benefit Cosmetics TSV 24/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm keen to see what this will be as I love their stuff and can never find any good deals anywhere.

Q usually have good value sets anyway but thats why im surprised about this but nice for a change

Actually, that's true. I don't think I've ever seen Benefit with more than 10% off - maybe 15% once - so some of QVC's deals are good, even with the P&P. There's a surprise! I'm sure someone can tell me where to get it cheaper.

Has anyone tried the range called The Balm which has similar retro packaging to Benefit's?

Yes, they suddenly started trying to be too cool for school and aiming at the late teens and mid twenties market. They did lovely skin care simple not over expensive, lovely body lotions I liked the Aloe Vera one. Around 2007 or so I think the original twins who started the brand stepped aside and their daughters took over. Then all the products discontinued to be replaced by more on trend products. Also quite a few bloggers commenting on how little product you actually got. One of the blushes was thinner than a 5p!!! I did used to hear horror stories about their counters and how pushy the staff were, following you round the store to make a sale. My counter was more relaxed.

The Balm is a great brand. I used to buy from Just Beauty Direct, my local Debenhams now has a counter. They get great reviews from the beauty bloggers and forums. I had a number of eyeshadows.

I think Benefit products are good, but you're paying for the packaging and brand, I think there are less expensive brands out there at just as good quality. Benefit thrive on hype.

Yes, they suddenly started trying to be too cool for school and aiming at the late teens and mid twenties market. They did lovely skin care simple not over expensive, lovely body lotions I liked the Aloe Vera one. Around 2007 or so I think the original twins who started the brand stepped aside and their daughters took over. Then all the products discontinued to be replaced by more on trend products. Also quite a few bloggers commenting on how little product you actually got. One of the blushes was thinner than a 5p!!! I did used to hear horror stories about their counters and how pushy the staff were, following you round the store to make a sale. My counter was more relaxed.

The Balm is a great brand. I used to buy from Just Beauty Direct, my local Debenhams now has a counter. They get great reviews from the beauty bloggers and forums. I had a number of eyeshadows.

I do understand what you mean Donna. They did change their skincare range a few years ago and not for the better. I used to love an exfoliators they did made from almonds, it was the best I had ever used. They changed it to none which I think contained raspberry seeds and it was rubbish. I will be interested in the vTSV though and at least it is something different.

Interesting what you say about changes at Benefit. I first heard of it about 20 years ago when I read about an eyeshadow primer called F.Y.Eye (of course, they've since discontinued it!). There weren't many places you could get the range over here so I got someone to buy it in New York for me and they kindly came back with a few things from Benefit. I think you are dead right about the target market - the staff on the Benefit counters are usually very young too. That's fine if that's where they want to go but they do risk people naturally "growing out of it"!

And thanks for the comment on The Balm. I spotted it for the first time earlier this month in Superdrug. I assumed it was Superdrug's own-brand "Benefit rip-off" so was surprised when I saw the prices (cheaper than Benefit but not super-cheap). I am interested to hear that the bloggers are loving it. I've got my eye on a couple of things so I'll have a read-up. Thanks for that.

FYeye was BRILLIANT. Best eyeshadow primer I've ever used. They should never have discontinued it :sad:

A shame for sure. I am using one by NYX now which is not bad, best I've found since the demise of F.Y.Eye anyway

FYeye was BRILLIANT. Best eyeshadow primer I've ever used. They should never have discontinued it :sad:

Totally agree with you. I also think Boing is a terrific concealer so spend hours looking for replacements in case that goes the same way! Doll10 nearest so far.

I may be interested to try this TSV. I'm almost certain there will be a mascara and a brow product in it or either. I tried the Roller mascara and wasn't blown over.

I see there's a free trial size Gimme Brow with August's Glamour magazine, which is only £2. I think the options are shade 2 or 5, so a light and a dark. It is probably not in shops much longer, though, as the August edition comes out early July. Also there's a Benefit Ready, Set, Brow product free with Marie-Claire.

I'm going to have a look in town today - no doubt the freebies have been nicked though! Why do some people think it's ok to shoplift magazine freebies?!! It infuriates me!

I see there's a free trial size Gimme Brow with August's Glamour magazine, which is only £2. I think the options are shade 2 or 5, so a light and a dark. It is probably not in shops much longer, though, as the August edition comes out early July. Also there's a Benefit Ready, Set, Brow product free with Marie-Claire.

I'm going to have a look in town today - no doubt the freebies have been nicked though! Why do some people think it's ok to shoplift magazine freebies?!! It infuriates me!

I tried WH Smith and they had quite a stack of August Glamour magazines but none with free gifts. I don't think they had come with freebies attached in the first place and I just read online that it was a limited edition, only available in supermarkets but they don't have them in my local Sainsbury's either. Ah well ...

I got one in Sainsbury a couple of weeks ago but haven't tried it yet. It is tiny though.

Latest posts

Back