Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shaun Crawley
@sc450

Entertainment Director / TV Presenter / Entertainment Consultant and Troubleshooter.....Well thats what his twitter says...So Baby Jane and Creepy Crawley are married ??...Related ?

He said today that he'd been in interiors for more years than he cares to remember. I wish he'd remember even one or two of those years and tell us exactly where at.

So he's got an eye for Interior Design then Momma?

Things like Lovely Soft Bedding, Scatter Cushions, Fluffy Pillows, Nice Throws, maybe some Quilted Bedspreads?

All that AND he's got an eye for the Ladies. He really is quite a guy isn't he Honky Tonks? :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

So he's got an eye for Interior Design then Momma?

Things like Lovely Soft Bedding, Scatter Cushions, Fluffy Pillows, Nice Throws, maybe some Quilted Bedspreads?

All that AND he's got an eye for the Ladies. He really is quite a guy isn't he Honky Tonks? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 12224View attachment 12225

He seems to love plump, squishy things alright

Ideal World are selling the Pressure King Pro tonight at 10.00pm. I believe they're very good, Ideal World's price is pretty much the same as elsewhere but John Lewis sell it too. It's a better deal from John Lewis because it's free delivery (better for refunds) and you get their extended guarantee and like Ideal World you can return it for free as well : -

Ideal World £64.99 & £4.99 P&P 1 Year Guarantee
John Lewis £69.99 Delivered 2 Year Guarantee

I'd get it from John Lewis, they're much better! :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/pressure-king-pro-12-in-1-digital-pressure-cooker-376161?referrer=search&fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Pressure%20King%20pro

http://www.johnlewis.com/pressure-king-pro-12-in-1-digital-pressure-cooker/p2839612?sku=236140079&s_kwcid=2dx92700012702542763&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=CMHjk6z7qs4CFYbUGQodd6MLDQ&gclsrc=ds#tabinfo-returns

Christ They got plenty of vibrapower's but not enough stock on other products idealworld needs to be renamed fitness world tv.

Christ They got plenty of vibrapower's but not enough stock on other products idealworld needs to be renamed fitness world tv.

Don't any of the suckers who buy this carp question the fact that, despite using these machine for years, the presenters and even the so called 'Fitness and Nutrionist' Rick Hay still all look limp or lumpy?

The saying 'Body Like a Temple' doesn't really seem appropriate here. Unless it's a Derelict Temple :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Don't any of the suckers who buy this carp question the fact that, despite using these machine for years, the presenters and even the so called 'Fitness and Nutrionist' Rick Hay still all look limp or lumpy?

The saying 'Body Like a Temple' doesn't really seem appropriate here. Unless it's a Derelict Temple :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 12228

Damn right wirral somre of these presenters are a bit lumpy.

Ideal World are selling the Pressure King Pro tonight at 10.00pm. I believe they're very good, Ideal World's price is pretty much the same as elsewhere but John Lewis sell it too. It's a better deal from John Lewis because it's free delivery (better for refunds) and you get their extended guarantee and like Ideal World you can return it for free as well : -

Ideal World £64.99 & £4.99 P&P 1 Year Guarantee
John Lewis £69.99 Delivered 2 Year Guarantee

I'd get it from John Lewis, they're much better! :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/pressure-king-pro-12-in-1-digital-pressure-cooker-376161?referrer=search&fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Pressure%20King%20pro

http://www.johnlewis.com/pressure-king-pro-12-in-1-digital-pressure-cooker/p2839612?sku=236140079&s_kwcid=2dx92700012702542763&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=CMHjk6z7qs4CFYbUGQodd6MLDQ&gclsrc=ds#tabinfo-returns

They suggested that a whole, frozen chicken could be cooked in 40 minutes using this contraption. I can't think of a quicker way to Campylobacter hell than that.

They suggested that a whole, frozen chicken could be cooked in 40 minutes using this contraption. I can't think of a quicker way to Campylobacter hell than that.

I see that the quite appalling Holly Hell (who lost Bake Off) was demonstrating the Pressure King Pro. She also presents excruciating Informercials on High Street TV and has appeared on QVC, baking, using Kitchen Aid products. And she gets all this work because she lost Bake Off, amazing.

She boasted that the Pressure King Pro can make a Lasagne, in 7 minutes. She presented an amazed LITTLE GOLLUM with her wares and it kind of looked OK.

She then added that the Pressure King Pro doesn't actually brown the cheese so what you have to do is cook the Lasagne, take the Cooking Tin out of the Pressure King Pro and and finish it off, in your Oven.

So basically the Pressure King Pro doesn't cook Lasagne in 7 minutes, in fact it doesn't cook it at all :mysmilie_59:

I see that the quite appalling Holly Hell (who lost Bake Off) was demonstrating the Pressure King Pro. She also presents excruciating Informercials on High Street TV and has appeared on QVC, baking, using Kitchen Aid products. And she gets all this work because she lost Bake Off, amazing.

She boasted that the Pressure King Pro can make a Lasagne, in 7 minutes. She presented an amazed LITTLE GOLLUM with her wares and it kind of looked OK.

She then added that the Pressure King Pro doesn't actually brown the cheese so what you have to do is cook the Lasagne, take the Cooking Tin out of the Pressure King Pro and and finish it off, in your Oven.

So basically the Pressure King Pro doesn't cook Lasagne in 7 minutes, in fact it doesn't cook it at all :mysmilie_59:

Wasn't Gollum interesting - he was almost cowed by her. Perhaps it was because she didn't do the Little Woman routine and we all know he's got a bit of a problem with women. I was also interested to hear him say to Sally whilst he was stuffing his face that 'he doesn't represent himself very well', before changing his face and saying 'actually I quite like it that way'. A rare glimpse into the mindset of Gollum. As we all suspected, the Barra Boy is a complete act.

Wasn't Gollum interesting - he was almost cowed by her. Perhaps it was because she didn't do the Little Woman routine and we all know he's got a bit of a problem with women. I was also interested to hear him say to Sally whilst he was stuffing his face that 'he doesn't represent himself very well', before changing his face and saying 'actually I quite like it that way'. A rare glimpse into the mindset of Gollum. As we all suspected, the Barra Boy is a complete act.

I didn't watch for long, 2 minutes if that. I never do when LITTLE GOLLUM is on but it's more than clear who's boss in his partners house, the house that he also lives in.

But I can't stand Holly Bell, the 'I'm just a normal Mum' act is stomach churning and so phony. She's just a normal Mum who'd worked in marketing for years and had a much read internet blog and then she just decided to have a go at a cooking competition, lose, and then all of a sudden she's all over the place.

Whatever. She almost makes Sara Griffiths on QVC seem likable and genuine :mysmilie_59:

It would be interesting to know if anyone has contracted Campylobacter,or similar unpleasant gastrointestinal disorders, after using one of these to 'cook' raw frozen meat or other high risk foods in the times stated on air.I wouldn't risk it .

It would be interesting to know if anyone has contracted Campylobacter,or similar unpleasant gastrointestinal disorders, after using one of these to 'cook' raw frozen meat or other high risk foods in the times stated on air.I wouldn't risk it .

What gets me about Ideal World (and other Selly Telly channels) is the BS when it seemingly isn't required.

By all accounts, as far as Pressure Cookers go, the Pressure King Pro is a good product. But that's not good enough is it, they have to tell these lies and by the sound of it some of those lies, like the Chicken tale, could be downright dangerous.

The 'Lasagne' claim was preposterous but then Holly Bell is a preposterous character full stop. She exclaims the product can cook Lasagne in 7 minutes (when all she's actually really saying is it can cook Pasta in 7 minutes) but then, as a footnote, says if you want the cheese browning it has to go in a traditional oven for 10 minutes, she didn't mention oven heat up time. So the lesson is, as has always has been the case, you can really only cook Lasagne properly in an oven.

But since when has any Pressure Cooker been a device that anyone would use to cook a ****** Lasagne anyway, stupid moo :mysmilie_59:

You can't sell a product on it's merits on shopping tv. You have to feel like you have manipulated or convinced someone via your clever wording or staged presentation.

Brodel and Hayley just implied that the actifry MUST be amazing because one of the worlds top superstars is pictured hugging it.

They didn't name the person..... why can't you name them? If it's true then surely you are stating fact?

Just another case of them flogging their wares and not worrying about potential consequences. Probably does lasagne because they think it's the limit of the customer cooking ability.But no I traditionally associated pressure cooking with casseroles, veg,smaller pieces of raw meat cooked in a veg dish. Not where crispiness is required . I've never had one but have seen others with them. I am fed up with people trying to mislead especially when it could be harmful.

Brodel and Hayley just implied that the actifry MUST be amazing because one of the worlds top superstars is pictured hugging it.

They didn't name the person..... why can't you name them? If it's true then surely you are stating fact?

Oprah Winfrey? The same Oprah Winfrey who is always recommending products, just as a public service of course.

And the same Oprah Winfrey who gushed about the Microsoft Surface Tablet on Twitter but forgot to delete the 'sent from my iPad' signature before the Tweet was posted :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back