Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That foul little cretin Gollum has just shown himself up again to be a nasty, narrow-minded little homophobe. Upon finishing a quick 'chat' to Stuart Hillard, who's ready and waiting with a Brother sewing machine, he said 'we'll be with you in a minute darling'. Would he have called Lloyd 'darling'? Or 'Chef' William?

God, he makes me sick.

That foul little cretin Gollum has just shown himself up again to be a nasty, narrow-minded little homophobe. Upon finishing a quick 'chat' to Stuart Hillard, who's ready and waiting with a Brother sewing machine, he said 'we'll be with you in a minute darling'. Would he have called Lloyd 'darling'? Or 'Chef' William?

God, he makes me sick.

I assume he wouldn't as they are not female?

God, he makes me sick.

Stuart ought to have stitched his ugly gob up:mysmilie_11:

When selling a Brother Sewing Machine the ever eloquent LITTLE GOLLUM said : -

'Brother is the chosen choice of experts'

I must say that for once I could actually imagine him buying a Sewing Machine. And I fancy he'd be good at Knitting too :mysmilie_59:

God, he makes me sick.

That's the trouble with him - He might have built up an off screen relationship with this particular guest where banter is the order of the day (though to be fair, I kinda doubt it) BUT.....on screen he should act in a professional manner towards each and every person he works with, and he undoubtedly would expect the same - but no, he just lets his big "ah's ya fartha" gob run away with him time and time again! Does it help IW portray that "family feel" - Look, everybody gets on and has a laugh together, and sometimes it gets a bit cheeky, but nobody minds, were all one big family? NO, IT MOST CERTAINLY DOESN'T!
It merely looks like you say a homophobic/sexist/ageist TWAT being rude and disrepectful to fellow presenters, guests and viewers alike!

That's the trouble with him - He might have built up an off screen relationship with this particular guest where banter is the order of the day (though to be fair, I kinda doubt it) BUT.....on screen he should act in a professional manner towards each and every person he works with, and he undoubtedly would expect the same - but no, he just lets his big "ah's ya fartha" gob run away with him time and time again! Does it help IW portray that "family feel" - Look, everybody gets on and has a laugh together, and sometimes it gets a bit cheeky, but nobody minds, were all one big family? NO, IT MOST CERTAINLY DOESN'T!
It merely looks like you say a homophobic/sexist/ageist TWAT being rude and disrepectful to fellow presenters, guests and viewers alike!

Family Feel?

Those lot feel like this family to me :mysmilie_13:

IMG_0207.JPG

Got to be the one standing at the back, second from right, although a bit tall for Gollum (and has too much personality and charm, so on second thoughts, make it the little one, third from right - the good-looking one)!!
Which one is Mike M?

Last edited:
I was watching the sewing/brother hour with Peter Simon and nice non descript sewing expert. It was fascinating.

Everything he said (was bollocks) was said in a bellowing tone, like he was some sort of 1980s gameshow host. She looked terrified so just got on with the sewing.

It's the same with Catherine Huntley on qvc.... every day she is on there it seems.

Chuntley is like a rash at the moment. I saw that sewing hour - I thought she was going to have to go and find a couple of valium or something - as you say, she looked frightened. As for Dirty Peter...why do they put him on with the nice sewing ladies, or the cutting and sticking. It's like having Brian Blessed doing a funeral service.

Chuntley is like a rash at the moment. I saw that sewing hour - I thought she was going to have to go and find a couple of valium or something - as you say, she looked frightened. As for Dirty Peter...why do they put him on with the nice sewing ladies, or the cutting and sticking. It's like having Brian Blessed doing a funeral service.

I think they think he can shift the sewing machine as it is a high value item predominantly aimed at females and he is a 'star'

ofcourse the phonelines were busy, so we will never know how successful he really was.

A classic - Craftalot, I salute you. :mysmilie_483:

I should think that what he knows about sewing machines could be written on the top of a match - and I don't suppose he would bother finding out, simply shriek "just buy it", "40% have gone", "the phones have gone crazy" and all the other Old Chestnuts. You are so right about his "act" being stuck in a timewarp - the 1970's or 1980's definitely want him back (shame they don't take him). And I can sympathise with anyone needing Valium if they are on as guest presenter with Pope Pete.

I was watching the sewing/brother hour with Peter Simon and nice non descript sewing expert. It was fascinating.

Everything he said (was bollocks) was said in a bellowing tone, like he was some sort of 1980s gameshow host. She looked terrified so just got on with the sewing.

Last edited:
I thought the same! Turned over this morning and there she is yet again (still wearing a white outfit - has someone told her she looks good in white? Come on, own up, which one of you was it?). Is this part of her masterplan to conquer the world?

This sally jacks character is taking over idealworld, now it's just non stop beauty and fashion crap.

I should think that what he knows about sewing machines could be written on the top of a match - and I don't suppose he would bother finding out, simply shriek "just buy it", "40% have gone", "the phones have gone crazy" and all the other Old Chestnuts. You are so right about his "act" being stuck in a timewarp - the 1970's or 1980's definitely want him back (shame they don't take him). And I can sympathise with anyone needing Valium if they are on as guest presenter with Pope Pete.

I've also noticed Peter Simon cannot make a joke that isn't dirty or about being a homosexual.

Latest posts

Back