Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hold on.........Saint Peter of Simon is punting yet another fitness product, nothing new about that I know.

BUT he has just said, 1 his weight is out of control and struggles to maintain it and 2 he struggles to sleep at night!

Okkkkkay 1 in the past I'm sure r'Peter has said these products have changed his..............no infact these have SAVED his life and 2 Peter what about all the amazing beding and matteress products that you've bought from IW in the past that again have changed your life??

As ever keep in mind every sale has a tale.

Bizarre part of all of this is that Pope Pete looks to be in better physical condition than "fitness expert" Rick Hay, which means that not only is one of them telling complete porkies: not only are presenters telling tales to shill products that they don't really need to if the product is any good; not only are they assuming that viewers don't watch the channel on a regular basis, etc. :mysmilie_59:

Bizarre part of all of this is that Pope Pete looks to be in better physical condition than "fitness expert" Rick Hay, which means that not only is one of them telling complete porkies: not only are presenters telling tales to shill products that they don't really need to if the product is any good; not only are they assuming that viewers don't watch the channel on a regular basis, etc. :mysmilie_59:

Rick Hay looks like a Potato.

Isn't it strange that this world renowned, respected 'Superfoodist' is mostly to be seen shilling all and sundry on possibly Britain's most downmarket Shopping Channel, or in 2 year old press cuttings from, erm, noted Health Publications such as 'The Alton Herald'.

But I like his Mum. She looks better than him :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0209.jpg

They're at it again with the Bid techniques - Nanty's saying that the Lumino projector should be on 3 flexi pays (that's what's on his notes) but the 'computer' has currently got 4 flexipays and it's too late in the evening to change it. It seems so clunky and market stall!

Juliet Heffalump-Marispiper, the UK Elisabeth Grant rep is on with Dennice (who allegedly uses everything in the EG range, but is still looking like Frankie Howerd in bad drag).

Juliet Hotairballoon-Potatohead has over 30 years of beauty expertise, and is respected by loads of beauty industry "names" apparently. So she must be FAMOUS, yes?

Well, I Googled her (I feel SO dirty now), and her name only appears on two sites: Ideal World's, and her Facebook account.

Says it all if you ask me.

:mysmilie_12:

Last edited:
Because while there are some people who have cottoned on to the lies and fairy tales snake oil merchants tell to shill their tat and scam cash, there are still plenty of mugs who want to believe that overpriced pots of gunk slathered on their faces will make them look like the photoshopped, overly made up and cosmetically enhanced actresses, models and reality "stars" they see online or in Hello! mag.

They are the ones who will happily buy every "miracle cream" going

I'm just watching a repeat of Nanty (he's wearing his Hugh Grant Notting Hill Jacket With Elbow Patches) shilling the magnificent, stupendous, incredible, miraculous Super Duper Tapered Trousers. He says :-

'It's very difficult to pull them out of shape, it's very difficult to crease them, it's a trouser you can wear and wear and wear'

Or, in simple terms, they're Polyester. The 'P' word is quite clearly not in the vocabulary of an Ideal World Goon :mysmilie_59:

I'm just watching a repeat of Nanty (he's wearing his Hugh Grant Notting Hill Jacket With Elbow Patches) shilling the magnificent, stupendous, incredible, miraculous Super Duper Tapered Trousers. He says :-

'It's very difficult to pull them out of shape, it's very difficult to crease them, it's a trouser you can wear and wear and wear'

Or, in simple terms, they're Polyester. The 'P' word is quite clearly not in the vocabulary of an Ideal World Goon :mysmilie_59:

I'm surprised they don't do a QVC:

"It's a crepe jersey" = poly/elastane blend

""It's a ponte knit" = poly/elastane blend

"It's a miracle matte fabric" = poly/elastane blend

"It's breathable" = has some modal or viscose in it. The guest and presenter will drop that in to most sentences. You'll pay more

"This feels so cool and amazing on hot days, or if you're feeling flushed!" = 100% modal or viscose, and they'll mention that in every breath. Be prepared to re-mortgage your house and sell your offspring to buy these

Last edited:
Juliet Heffalump-Marispiper, the UK Elisabeth Grant rep is on with Dennice (who allegedly uses everything in the EG range, but is still looking like Frankie Howerd in bad drag).

Juliet Hotairballoon-Potatohead has over 30 years of beauty expertise, and is respected by loads of beauty industry "names" apparently. So she must be FAMOUS, yes?

Well, I Googled her (I feel SO dirty now), and her name only appears on two sites: Ideal World's, and her Facebook account.

Says it all if you ask me.

:mysmilie_12:

Thanks for a good :mysmilie_17:... btw I agree with you about Dennice. :mysmilie_59:

This forum is a tonic - it never fails to make me laugh out loud. :mysmilie_15:
Rick Hay looks like a Potato.

Isn't it strange that this world renowned, respected 'Superfoodist' is mostly to be seen shilling all and sundry on possibly Britain's most downmarket Shopping Channel, or in 2 year old press cuttings from, erm, noted Health Publications such as 'The Alton Herald'.

But I like his Mum. She looks better than him :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 12648

A comment I didn't like a day or two ago (I know what you are saying - just the one comment I didn't like) was when Shaun was selling the polyester trousers. He was emphasizing how the waistband stretched to make you feel more comfortable, and maybe more comfortable when it is "that time of the month"! At that point I am shouting "WHAT THE HECK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT IT" (yeah, hormones, I know). I don't say to myself "ah, what a caring and sensitive soul he is, he understands us ladies", it has the opposite effect on me. Personally, it's quite a sensitive subject which I don't think needs to be discussed whilst selling polyester trousers on TV, others may disagree with me.

He's probably so desperate for something new to say that anything will do. Let's face it, with his esteemed colleague, Howard the Poo, constantly rattling on about bladders, bowels, toilet habits and dog mess on carpets, there is nothing they won't use to sell a product.

A comment I didn't like a day or two ago (I know what you are saying - just the one comment I didn't like) was when Shaun was selling the polyester trousers. He was emphasizing how the waistband stretched to make you feel more comfortable, and maybe more comfortable when it is "that time of the month"! At that point I am shouting "WHAT THE HECK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT IT" (yeah, hormones, I know). I don't say to myself "ah, what a caring and sensitive soul he is, he lysous ladies", it has the opposite effect on me. Personally, it's quite a sensitive subject which I don't think needs to be discussed whilst selling polyester trousers on TV, others may disagree with me.

In one way I applaud the fact that they clearly haven't turned to fillers, botox and the like so much on IW (possibly the pay doesn't stretch to it).

I think Dennice has done something to her eye area but it looks like it was done at Dewhursts the Butcher's.

Juliet Haystacks-Pantomimehorse's face owes NOTHING to nature. Or EG's "friend" Charles' magic Terricelumnmnmn. Yes being more curvy fills out facial lines, but it doesn't leave you with a completely taut face and no hint of extra chins. She looks weird, though her skin looks good. If she was shilling acne cream I'd take her more seriously

Latest posts

Back