Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As I watched Moira C. this morning with Howard it was hilarious to watch him for once ,almost silent as she went through her scarf demos'.He was desperate to 'butt in' but couldn't get a word in.His impatience was visible.He probably had lots of bowel related jokes bursting to be released. Once she did let him speak Moira was still her exuberant self. Don't think he liked to have his limelight pinched and got as many comments in as he could.Funny show.

Oh no, I missed it! Well, he met his match with Moira 'Motormouth' C. Did she happen to mention that she lives in a converted windmill, by any chance? She usually only mentions it about 1,000 times per show. I dread to think what "little gems" of comments he might have had, just waiting to be said (perhaps some suggestions, bowel-related, on what her scarves could be used for???).

As I watched Moira C. this morning with Howard it was hilarious to watch him for once ,almost silent as she went through her scarf demos'.He was desperate to 'butt in' but couldn't get a word in.His impatience was visible.He probably had lots of bowel related jokes bursting to be released. Once she did let him speak Moira was still her exuberant self. Don't think he liked to have his limelight pinched and got as many comments in as he could.Funny show.

Strangely enough the windmill was mentioned(on numerous occasions)by Howard when he was allowed to speak.Other topics included:1)TheQueen 2) children 3) British manufacturer 4) new collections. Of course the obligatory daughter assisted. Howard stood around like a right tit or spoke c*** Moira could have done it alone.

I think Moira C is quite capable of doing the show on her own - she's so hyper that she could probably present the show, get the stuff out of the warehouse, operate the cameras and man the telephones at IW all on her own - and she wouldn't be bothered by some nonentity of a presenter trying to get a word in edgewise. Perhaps Howard is angling for an invite to the famous windmill, where he could (a) do a quick check on her carpets for any dog poo, which one of the IW vacuum cleaner products would then remove, (b) tell her in great depth the fascinating story of his bowels and (c) give her the lowdown on every member of his family and their medical problems? What a surprise that her daughter was there, too (not). Her daughter usually doesn't say much- but then she probably can't get a word in, anyway :talking:

Strangely enough the windmill was mentioned(on numerous occasions)by Howard when he was allowed to speak.Other topics included:1)TheQueen 2) children 3) British manufacturer 4) new collections. Of course the obligatory daughter assisted. Howard stood around like a right tit or spoke c*** Moira could have done it alone.

just heard Peter Simon shouting out of the screen...if you're size 24 buy the 22! So what are you saying? Sorry we don't do your size but it's such a bargain just by yourself one that doesn't fit properly and slim down into it! Great, might be good for summer then! So what are you saying these coats aren't true to size so don't buy the size you think you are buy a size smaller...er I doubt it. More than likely they couldn't give a sh*t what size you buy, as long as you buy one...might as well buy one for your new baby...they're sure to grow into it!!!!

just heard Peter Simon shouting out of the screen...if you're size 24 buy the 22! So what are you saying? Sorry we don't do your size but it's such a bargain just by yourself one that doesn't fit properly and slim down into it! Great, might be good for summer then! So what are you saying these coats aren't true to size so don't buy the size you think you are buy a size smaller...er I doubt it. More than likely they couldn't give a sh*t what size you buy, as long as you buy one...might as well buy one for your new baby...they're sure to grow into it!!!!

Now he's shilling a really truly awful Parka and he's trying to get 'those ladies in a 16' to buy a 14. And ladies, today it's 'only' £30 but it's DEFINITELY going up to £60. For a nanosecond. And then it will probably be £20 which is still £10 overpriced.

And he's reckons 'he very rarely does this' but been ringing all his family to tell them about it. He's rang Our Janice in Macclesfield, Our Karen in Rochdale, and of course Our Bet and of course Our Wonderful Doris. Isn't it awful?

This channel is utterly preposterous but so very hilarious :mysmilie_19:

Now he's shilling a really truly awful Parka and he's trying to get 'those ladies in a 16' to buy a 14. And ladies, today it's 'only' £30 but it's DEFINITELY going up to £60. For a nanosecond. And then it will probably be £20 which is still £10 overpriced.

And he's reckons 'he very rarely does this' but been ringing all his family to tell them about it. He's rang Our Janice in Macclesfield, Our Karen in Rochdale, and of course Our Bet and of course Our Wonderful Doris. Isn't it awful?

This channel is utterly preposterous but so very hilarious :mysmilie_19:

Isn't it poignant that he never mentions any of his male friends...

I've also heard him (PS) quoting the flexipay installment as the price eg; Where would you be able to get a winter coat for £12.95?! Now back in the days of Bid, I got the distinct impression that show's producers actively encouraged it's presenters to try and be misleading as possible, however over at IW my impression is that it's the other way around and that the likes of PS are riding roughshod over IW's good reputation hoping that they'll boost their sales to the degree that the bosses wondered how they ever managed without them, but fail to notice how they're practicing what got their former employers taken off the air!

The bid presenters are ruining this channel, even Sally (and I don't actually mind her). First thing they need to do seriously is get rid of Peter Simon, don't waste time trying to "rein him in" 'cause that ain't gonna happen - Just get shot a.s.a.p before he does some irretreivable damage! Gollum? Can't stand the fella - but "he is what he is" I find him shouty and aggressive, and cringe at some of the things he says, BUT - It is more than likely that a lot of people don't see him that way - that they see him as a cheerful cockney sparra who's always got a bit of banter, many more than I would imagine who see Peter Simon as their favourite uncle, so funny he should be a comedian!

I've also heard him (PS) quoting the flexipay installment as the price eg; Where would you be able to get a winter coat for £12.95?! Now back in the days of Bid, I got the distinct impression that show's producers actively encouraged it's presenters to try and be misleading as possible, however over at IW my impression is that it's the other way around and that the likes of PS are riding roughshod over IW's good reputation hoping that they'll boost their sales to the degree that the bosses wondered how they ever managed without them, but fail to notice how they're practicing what got their former employers taken off the air!

The bid presenters are ruining this channel, even Sally (and I don't actually mind her). First thing they need to do seriously is get rid of Peter Simon, don't waste time trying to "rein him in" 'cause that ain't gonna happen - Just get shot a.s.a.p before he does some irretreivable damage! Gollum? Can't stand the fella - but "he is what he is" I find him shouty and aggressive, and cringe at some of the things he says, BUT - It is more than likely that a lot of people don't see him that way - that they see him as a cheerful cockney sparra who's always got a bit of banter, many more than I would imagine who see Peter Simon as their favourite uncle, so funny he should be a comedian!

Hmm ...I'm of the opinion that SJ,MM,and PS should all be got rid of.You said Bid presenters are ruining the channel .I agree that a channel which people already moan about for several reasons is not helping itself by hiring those presenters whose behaviour lowers the standards even more.PS,who seems to be the worst of the lot should go first before he really upsets someone with a comment ,or someone reports a mistake in the way goods are described to the ASA.

Last edited:
Now why is this. Does he actually not have any male friends because he's such a weirdo? Or is he just playing to his (perceived) audience? I'm inclined to think the former.

I'd say the latter. Everything he does on air is so contrived to the people he sees as his core audience: older and more vulnerable women who see his erratic and pervy behaviour as both like them, and "saucy banter".

I bet he's completely on the ball and a coldhearted so-and-so off air

Hayley's shilling clothing (which she swears blind she loves and has bought, but will only be seen dead in on dedicated "fashion" shows), and actually said a top was made from polyester!!! I nearly dropped my cuppa!! :Surprise:

'It is £12.50 int it?......Tom come on'

Tom was in fact Scott, who Perv tapped several times on the forehead, then Scott turned to him pointing and said 'P45'

He just can't keep his hands off the models or anyone he comes into contact with

I often wonder if PS knows what day it is .Or is he playing a very clever game making us all think that so we excuse his behaviour? Actors are strange creatures.

I often wonder if PS knows what day it is .Or is he playing a very clever game making us all think that so we excuse his behaviour? Actors are strange creatures.

I think it's all an act. These people are there purely to sell products, so I think they're like door-to-door salesmen, or second-hand car dealers: they will say or do anything to make you give them their cash.

If Pope Pete was REALLY as off his head as he appears, no-one would employ him. But while he does have an aptitude for selling tat, his pervy old uncle act didn't go down too well on Gems TV - he only lasted a month there

Last edited:
He was dire on Gems TV, particularly the nights when he fell to the floor, supposedly in amazement at the low prices. He didn't have a Scooby-do about the jewellery or the gemstones in the jewellery, and just talked utter bo$$$ck$ all the way through. He was obviously taken on with the idea he'd be permanent, as he kept on and on about having to take jewellery exams, so all the crap afterwards from Gemporia about him leaving because he'd only been there as a short-term placement was absolute bilge. Would anyone have to sit exams if they were on temporary placement? I think they were inundated with complaints about him, and when he did one of his silly routines when he was taking over from presenter Rachel Hatton, her face was a picture.

I think it's all an act. These people are there purely to sell products, so I think they're like door-to-door salesmen, or second-hand car dealers: they will say or do anything to make you give them their cash.

If Pope Pete was REALLY as off his head as he appears, no-one would employ him. But while he does have an aptitude for selling tat, his pervy old uncle act didn't go down too well on Gems TV - he only lasted a month there

A nasty piece of work. And like Barra Boy, he doesn't like it if anyone comes back with a witty retort - there's only one star of the show.

I'd say the latter. Everything he does on air is so contrived to the people he sees as his core audience: older and more vulnerable women who see his erratic and pervy behaviour as both like them, and "saucy banter".

I bet he's completely on the ball and a coldhearted so-and-so off air

Forget the Manky Tosspot watches, that were the best ever, it's now a return of the ex bid stock of Sturling! I was going to get some but they sold out - yeah right. :mysmilie_17:

Forget the Manky Tosspot watches, that were the best ever, it's now a return of the ex bid stock of Sturling! I was going to get some but they sold out - yeah right. :mysmilie_17:

Not forgetting "the wonderful watch expert Caroline Jones from Gerrard's" (Peter Simon's words, not mine).

Yes the world famous brand of Stuhrling is back on IW. How many times do we need to hear the story of Max Stuhrling? Which is probably cobblers anyway! Peter was so excited this evening with this sale of these excellent timepieces. Yes it was a real sale, as he kept telling us about every 30 seconds!

No matter how they talked up these things, they all looked very cheap indeed and so over priced. Another collection of Chinese Watches with a European sounding name. It just never ends! Will they ever sell a decent brand that can be found on the High Street? I doubt it.

Latest posts

Back