Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it me Paul becque doesn't look like he wants to be on air for some reason ?

Last edited:
When I saw him the other day he looked as though he'd either been out in a gale or had been dragged through a hedge backwards. Really untidy, with his hair all over the place and shirt collar crumpled. And yes, he sounded bored stiff.

Is it me or just paul becque doesn't look like he wants to be on air ?

:mysmilie_859::mysmilie_867::mysmilie_867::mysmilie_867:

I had a chuckle to myself the other day (as you do!), and I could have swore DP introduced the watch guy as Peter Bollockbreath, now that did make me laugh. It's car crash TV at it's very best - Ideal World I salute you!

I have the feeling the end is nigh

Agree with the above never seen becque so calm and bored as he has been today...

For all his faults his excitement levels and research is usually amongst the best on this channel anyway.

Over on qvc the presenter has just mentioned they now have make up artists for the presenters !

Maybe they are not struggling at all! What a way to endear yourself to your customer base

Agree with the above never seen becque so calm and bored as he has been today...

For all his faults his excitement levels and research is usually amongst the best on this channel anyway.

Over on qvc the presenter has just mentioned they now have make up artists for the presenters !

Maybe they are not struggling at all! What a way to endear yourself to your customer base

Depending on the mood of other presenters, Shreque Becque could just have been told off by management for not selling enough last week. Anyway I'm guessing that Ideal World will survive another six months plus QVC another two years in its current form; what happens in the run up to Christmas will most likely dictate Ideal World's fate in 2017.

Perhaps he's been told he will be the next one to go to C&C.

Hello everyone. Is anyone watching the GTECH presentation?

Their ever increasing disingenuous streak is coming to the fore here. The eminently dislikable 'expert' is encouraging Nanty to use the Hand Held Vacuum to clear the very strange looking, powdery 'footmarks' on the 'stairs' and it's clearly struggling to pick up whatever the mess is. Of course at the point this becomes obvious the camera pans away, it did this repeatedly.

I can't see why they need to be so vague (or even dishonest). If anybody is silly enough to think that ANY brand of Cordless Vacuum (this one is 22 Volts like our Vax Model) is a match for their old ' proper' Vacuum they must be crazy.

It's a very decent price though compared to elsewhere but I'm not sure if it's any good as GTECH used to get quite a lot of lousy reviews in the QVC forum :mysmilie_59:

De Knees: "It's important to look after yourself so that you can help other people". Any guesses as to what she could be trying to sell with that statement? Fitness equipment perhaps? Diet supplements? OK...It's...wait for it...you'll hardly believe this...De Knees said precisely that when selling the Proto-col collagen capsules.

That's right, Proto-col capsules. Astounding. Anything to get a sale :mysmilie_15:

De Knees: "It's important to look after yourself so that you can help other people". Any guesses as to what she could be trying to sell with that statement? Fitness equipment perhaps? Diet supplements? OK...It's...wait for it...you'll hardly believe this...De Knees said precisely that when selling the Proto-col collagen capsules.

That's right, Proto-col capsules. Astounding. Anything to get a sale :mysmilie_15:

The appalling Proto-Col man can arguably be a challenger to Komrade Kevinski in the Schlock Stakes.

What utter quackery. I'd rather shell out my dough on DODDY FLUMP Rick Hay's Fig Powder :mysmilie_59:

Sorry for old show comments, but goodness, how desperate were they with the toy POTD the other day!! 2 of the supposedly £70 helicopters for £57.99, really smacked of desperation to me. Janice finally lost any sliver of credability she had when taking Dire Mire's place for the day, giving the bollocks out about the toys.
The horrible heaters too, makes me feel ill listening to these being presented; just waiting for one of them to use the 'heat or eat' blunt weapon that Hayley Green used one year, I wanted to run to Peterborough on the spot and punch her face!!
Have you also noticed how the models are even getting more and more bullshi**y too, really going overboard about the quality of everything "these tapered trousers feel like they're made of pure unicorn hair, eeeeeeeasily fit a size 32, 34, 36 even if they only say a size 18, eeeeeasily cost £200, £300, £400 in any other shop".

Shall we have a laugh and see how long they do the old favourite "guaranteed xmas delivery" for this year? Christmas Day is a sunday I believe, so my guess is they'll still be shilling that lie on the Friday, til maybe 8.59pm.

Packet of hobnobs to the closest correct guess, or........(panics)......digestives,.........or bourbons, or............other biscuits :p

Yes Protocol James is awful, slimy and even more slimy :( I get the feeling he is contractually obliged by IW for some reason, I know they showcased his shite when he was first starting out, every other week was a POTD, back in the good old '3 Flyflot POTD's a week' days. I get the feeling too he hates having to do the POTD.

Yes Protocol James is awful, slimy and even more slimy :( I get the feeling he is contractually obliged by IW for some reason, I know they showcased his shite when he was first starting out, every other week was a POTD, back in the good old '3 Flyflot POTD's a week' days. I get the feeling too he hates having to do the POTD.

They honestly want £156.00 all in for a load of that stuff. Breathtaking.

Anyway, forget Proto-Col. All you need is Torricelumn (TM), Old Lizzie G says so :mysmilie_59:

£949..............YES!!! £949.......................YES I SAY £949!!!!!!!

Sail with Shaun.....................Yip all they want is £949 to sail to Spain and the Canaries with Shaun "actually and I'm not being funny" Ryan, meet Shaun on this epic cruise.................

Honestly do IW think this is a good selling point?? Shaun says you can meet him in the bar and he will be holding a cocktail party, also Shaun genuinely wants to meet all of us!!! Shaun sounds very proud of this life changing experience and his ego seems to be geting well and truly (self) massaged, strange.........very very strange show indeed.

Can just imagine all Shauns fans on the boat with him, Linda with her Luggie Scooter, Mary with her Memory Foam mattress, William the watch collector, Vax Victor, and dont mention that word G£y Gary, and last but never ever least Crusing Cathy.

£949..............YES!!! £949.......................YES I SAY £949!!!!!!!

Sail with Shaun.....................Yip all they want is £949 to sail to Spain and the Canaries with Shaun "actually and I'm not being funny" Ryan, meet Shaun on this epic cruise.................

Honestly do IW think this is a good selling point?? Shaun says you can meet him in the bar and he will be holding a cocktail party, also Shaun genuinely wants to meet all of us!!! Shaun sounds very proud of this life changing experience and his ego seems to be geting well and truly (self) massaged, strange.........very very strange show indeed.

Can just imagine all Shauns fans on the boat with him, Linda with her Luggie Scooter, Mary with her Memory Foam mattress, William the watch collector, Vax Victor, and dont mention that word G£y Gary, and last but never ever least Crusing Cathy.

We need to get a group of us to go on the cruise. He might think twice about wanting to meet people if us lot turned up to take the p*** out of him!!!! Think of the fun we could have, it has to be done!!!

We need to get a group of us to go on the cruise. He might think twice about wanting to meet people if us lot turned up to take the p*** out of him!!!! Think of the fun we could have, it has to be done!!!

I'm in if little Shaun gives me a discount to climb aboard :glass:

So I was just watching Howard with the POD tunic thing and apparently it's selling like hot cakes. In fact, they've sold out of two colours which has resulted in the following load of waffle.. I like waffles but not that much........

'We're having some dramatic scenes on the phone lines and on the website. I will tell you, we launched our POD, Nicole tunic and jacket, at 9 o'clock last night and we sold double the stock we thought we would sell. On our 8 o'clock show this morning, we sold triple the stock that we thought we'd sell, so of course, during the 10 o'clock show there were dramatic scenes and we were selling out left, right and centre. Now what I will tell you is, they're all made in the UK. First thing this morning, our team here started having very important conversations with the designers and factories. We can't normally do this because when stock comes from abroad there's a much bigger delivery lead time........but the good news is, we've agreed with the factory and it doesn't normally happen.......we're going to do extended delivery on the items that have sold out. So, I'm going to go through all the colours......the wine and rose pink completely sold out as our POD, in all of the sizes but what we have got and it's very important that I point this out.......we've got extended delivery, this is going to be delivered to us essentially next week. So normally, in order to do the POD everything has to be here ready for despatch but we completely sold out of these colours during the 10 o'clock show. Now we've got stock back on both. The most important message, cos it's always important to be erm honest with your customers that you love and respect, so we're being honest with you, we've got extended delivery on these colours..........it's good news, they're being made and they're gonna be coming into us next week so you'll get them but we're not sending them out today and it's important you know that".

What a carry on, I'll have to catch it again at 4pm, I'm sure the dirty Pope will make it clearer :smirk:

Latest posts

Back