QVCs shocking postage service

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes my Hermes person has thrown stuff over my fence when I've been out. Nothing fragile and everything has been fine. Ordered something from Escentuals on Sunday afternoon and it was delivered this morning. P&P was £1.95 or would have been free for order over £30.00. QVC are really going to lose customers with their insane postage charges.

I just don't get why they charge postage for every single item. The ridiculous half price postage if you order the identical item, same colour, size etc is just insulting.

Talking about ordering from abroad, I order some pug cushion covers (for my son and neice, they both want a pug) from a china (ebay) and it was delivered 5 days later, to say I was shocked is an understatement.

In all the years I have only ever had 2 Hermes couriers and never once had a problem. The o lay problems I have had with couriers is with yodel and make a point of never ordering from a company who use them.

Our regular Yodel delivery driver is very good. Comes roughly the same time and if not in will leave with a neighbour and put a card through the door saying were the parcel is. Only company had a problem with is DX.

The hermes guy that comes to me is great puts it in my garden summerhouse if i am not in cant ask for better.

On the day of the Mally TSV I ordered the set of 8 shadowsticks which had dropped to £35 - in fact, I ordered 5 lots as I often order for myself and my sisters and friends to save on postage. Anyway, they turned up a few days later, 5 lots of padded envelopes in a blue QVC bag and when I saw the delivery note I was utterly disgusted at the postage of £12. £12 for 5 small items delivered in one bag. I was so cross with QVC and myself that I decidedly then and there to return the lot under DSR, and told the lady on the phone that the hideous postage was the reason I was returning them.

When will I learn?

I haven't ordered from QVC for over 2 months now mainly because I have had to save my cash resources for other things, now I can't be bothered to watch.I was looking for some Liz Earle today & normally use their website (they always include some freebies) but also checked out QVC but the P&P charges were their usual OTT & I wasn't bothered about EZP.This is probably where they suck people in these days when they want to spread the cost.In the end I ordered from Boots-- cheaper & I can walk to my local store to collect.

Has anyone had a parcel 'chucked' over their gate by Hermes because I haven't. I have had the odd one left on the step but not in the rain. .Perhaps when the drivers can't deliver to some of these customers it's because they can't be bothered to stop watching Q and get up off of their ar*** to answer the door.

Whilst my deliveries have been pretty good lately, left with neighbours and their parcels left with me, but in the past I have had many chucked over the fence. Once this was done and no card left and lay there for a few days in the pouring rain. Now you might ask did I not wonder why I didn't receive my order - well it was Q and most of my orders used to take between 10/14 days (although they are marginally better now) so I never knew when to expect anything.

My Hermes courier is of the couldn't give a shine a light variety, I've had things lobbed over my back fence and left in the rain, put in my bin on collection day and the all time favourite, just not turning up. I envy people with good couriers, it makes the difference between what state you get your parcel in, or if you get it at all.

I can't fault my Hermes courier as she leaves any parcels in a designated safe place. She's also told the rest of the local team and, if I'm out, they also leave it in the safe place and pop a card through the door. My regular courier also put a large parcel, that was in a box rather than a plastic bag, inside my recycling bin, when we were in the middle of a torrential downpour, and let me know via a note through the letterbox. I've now "trained" my postman to leave them in the same place as I had to keep going down to the depot to fetch my packages.

My postie is wonderful, I have no problems at all and if he can't leave it I'm lucky that our sorting office is not too far out of the way.

I can't fault my Hermes courier as she leaves any parcels in a designated safe place. She's also told the rest of the local team and, if I'm out, they also leave it in the safe place and pop a card through the door. My regular courier also put a large parcel, that was in a box rather than a plastic bag, inside my recycling bin, when we were in the middle of a torrential downpour, and let me know via a note through the letterbox. I've now "trained" my postman to leave them in the same place as I had to keep going down to the depot to fetch my packages.

I don't have the same postman or woman every day , or same delivery time. Though they seemed to be regular to days of the week but that seems to have changed again.

QVC is a dinosaur in the world of internet shopping/selly telly - extremely excessive postal charges and terrible delivery times.

ordered a single bedding set its a steal at £23 but the postage if £7.95 and its still in process two days ago

just got an e mail from royalmail with full tracking info regarding my liz earle order. qvc i know you read this forum take note

Lots of different delivery experiences for those on this forum perhaps equal amounts of good and bad.Should really all be good.On FB there are many terrible tales of ripped boxes and cracked candles(catastrophe)One guy wanted a replacement for a 'damaged' item but also wanted Q to sell him the original item at a reduced price!!!

Lots of different delivery experiences for those on this forum perhaps equal amounts of good and bad.Should really all be good.On FB there are many terrible tales of ripped boxes and cracked candles(catastrophe)One guy wanted a replacement for a 'damaged' item but also wanted Q to sell him the original item at a reduced price!!!

Nobody is perfect every time, but the poor experience should be the exception not the norm.

The guy wanting a reduction on the damaged item and a replacement might get that from some exceptional retailers, but surely whistling in the wind with QVC. Most will either offer a discount on the damaged item or a replacement but not both. Of course in QVC world you can pay full price and sometimes get returns which have been used, never mind damaged goods.

Latest posts

Back