Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another new observation about the worst ever presenter in the history of shopping TV.

He has started saying "This is the best chair ever!.....Probably" "You will never get a better buy!....Probably" "These will sell out very very soon!....... Probably" "No better vacuum has ever been made!......Probably" "This bike will help you lose weight no doubt about that!......Probably" "This is the best cooked food you will ever taste!.....Probably" "Guarenteed this will give you the best nights sleep you have ever had!....Probably"

Where does he come up with all this bull? and why does he think its ok to say all this bull?

PS: now Den is floging a new Collagen, ooooft and pfffft Mr UK Sportsman superman aka The Six Million Dollar Man who HAD the best collagen ever (Probably) will not be chuffed with IW and its presenters now saying this new collagen is the best and tastiest ever............PROBABLY!

He's probably lying. Now, when talking about some more £16 Polyester (shhh!) clothing he says ..........

'It looks like it's by a French Designer, it looks really expensive'

That's like saying 'the Cheque's in the post' isn't it? :mysmilie_59:

Well that was exhausting, all the starting and stopping of the band, the stroking, spitting, Bradshaw, take it away boys, the dread of saying 'polyester', the mentioning of top designers but he's making no comparison, let's go boys, BUY IT NOW, I love this colour, I love the next colour, check out your baskets, interrupting, dancing.....

In the midst of all that he has time to read a couple of emails to say how wonderful he and everything is

Well that was exhausting, all the starting and stopping of the band, the stroking, spitting, Bradshaw, take it away boys, the dread of saying 'polyester', the mentioning of top designers but he's making no comparison, let's go boys, BUY IT NOW, I love this colour, I love the next colour, check out your baskets, interrupting, dancing.....

In the midst of all that he has time to read a couple of emails to say how wonderful he and everything is

It's like watching a knackered old shipman, desperately throwing buckets of water overboard to keep his fast sinking ship from going under. Of course it's merely delaying the inevitable though.

If it wasn't for his dishonesty, vulgarity and abject mediocrity I could possibly admire his commitment.

Now they're selling yet another Cordless Vacuum, an 'Animal' model, which Sally Jacks categorically said on Monday are a 'complete waste of money' because all you need is that £5 Lint tool she gushed over.

Just as well De Knees was on with Bev Bad Hare :mysmilie_59:

Perverse Peter is back on again, groping his way through a selection of dresses (and models).

"It feels like silk and looks like a more expensive viscose..."

Perverse Peter is back on again, groping his way through a selection of dresses (and models).

"It feels like silk and looks like a more expensive viscose..."

He's selling the Blue £16.99 Poly Frock again. He just said ......

'There is a similar designer, right, please go and look, you will not get much change out of £120, right, I'll give you a clue, Italian'

In the previous hour he said it looked like it was French designed.

And now he's talking about that new, blue Ferrari again. He said the same thing when he was selling a Blue Leccy Bike:mysmilie_15:

He's selling the £16 Poly Frock again. He just said ......

'There is a similar designer, right, please go and look, you will not get much change out of £120, right, I'll give you a clue, Italian'

In the previous hour he said it looked like it was French designed :mysmilie_15:

They'll have to get a bigger catwalk if he's going to be constantly on there

I'd love to simply say "he's an idiot" however I think it's the opposite.

No word leaves his mouth by accident. No mistake is a mistake. It's all by design, to manipulate and cultivate personality.

As has been said, they wouldn't be afraid to correct him if they wanted to... they simply don't want to.

I'd love to simply say "he's an idiot" however I think it's the opposite.

No word leaves his mouth by accident. No mistake is a mistake. It's all by design, to manipulate and cultivate personality.

As has been said, they wouldn't be afraid to correct him if they wanted to... they simply don't want to.

So correct. It's deliberate, for sure.

All the time he spews his spurious drivel he's not saying what would show the item for what it actually is.

It's not French, it's not Italian, it has nothing to do with Ferrari, it doesn't look like it cost £120.00.

It's a 95% POLYESTER frock, for a very steep £22.00 delivered :mysmilie_59:

So correct. It's deliberate, for sure.

All the time he spews his spurious drivel he's not saying what would show the item for the ripoff that it actually is.

It's not French, it's not Italian, it has nothing to do without Ferrari. It's a 95% POLYESTER frock, for £22.00 :mysmilie_59:

I genuinely believe it is possible to sell an item by promoting it's strengths without having to lie about flaws.

The reality is that they employ that man as they know he can bring in the money and they can run away with it, by the time an explanation will be needed. It's what happened with bid.

I genuinely believe it is possible to sell an item by promoting it's strengths without having to lie about flaws.

The reality is that they employ that man as they know he can bring in the money and they can run away with it, by the time an explanation will be needed. It's what happened with bid.

If anybody could be bothered (and I certainly can't be) then there's any number of things he says, in every 'show', that would seem like reasonable grounds to complain.

But I honestly doubt there's enough interest in Ideal World for folks to bother.

Maybe it's now just like that awful V Channel. Shameless, blatant but so inconsequential nobody cares what they say :mysmilie_59:

Had yet another "courtesty call" from IW, this time Charlotte called and said "as a way of saying thank you for ordering from us, we'd like to send you something lovely in the post"...er no thank you, I'm not interested in joining your saving's club....."But there's some really good offers"....Er no there isn't it's a load of crap....good day to you!

I think it's a dead heat (literally) between the rip-off heaters and "My Ideal Rewards" for the worst product shilled by the channel, especially in terms of how they're shamelessly promoted together with their nonexistent "benefits", with the bonded leather landfill lumps coming a fairly close second. Many of their watches may be shamelessly tacky and ridiculously overpriced but at least they're much easier to send back during the cooling-off period.

I think it's a dead heat (literally) between the rip-off heaters and "My Ideal Rewards" for the worst product shilled by the channel, especially in terms of how they're shamelessly promoted together with their nonexistent "benefits", with the bonded leather landfill lumps coming a fairly close second. Many of their watches may be shamelessly tacky and ridiculously overpriced but at least they're much easier to send back during the cooling-off period.

That just cracked me up, thanks!!!!

Has Fayon Cottrell being taking lessons at the Shaun Ryan School of Selling I wonder.

On today’s ceramic heather ‘blockbuster’ show Faye mentioned her elderly neighbour Bob. It seems that poor old Bob had been left without heating for three days, resorting to nothing more than a blanket to keep him warm; that is until Faye rode to his rescue and called her plumber. The problem was Bob’s boiler, which had packed up during a particularly cold spell.

Now of course if Bob had invested in one of Ideal’s heaters this would never had happened. Faye wasted no time pulling the elderly relatives card, reminding viewers that they could be the ideal solution for the old folks who are foolishly heating all of the property instead of just the room they’re in.

I’m sure Shaun would have heartily approved of this presentation. Top marks for guilt trips, heart strings, plausibility, and drama. He may have marked her down for the ‘neighbour’ story though; Shaun being a great believer in using family members for that extra layer of sentimentality and realism. It’s the shopping tele equivalent of method acting:mysmilie_59:

Waiting for Fayon... Cold.jpg

Here is a Customer review of one of Kevinski's Bermuda Watches. Which just about sums up the crap quality that I expected of it.

"Overall 1st impression nice looking watch however very poor quality finger missing off one of the dials watch returned
21 April 2016
disappointed with the quality of the product not up to the previous purchase of a Spinnaker watch from ideal world"

Last edited:
I heard fayon rabbiting on about family members etc and cold old bob who lives nearby she also said peter volovont or whatever his name is being a technical expert on i world there was me thinking he was a part time actor who sells vacuum cleaners in his spare time but it seems he is a tech expert about heating now, what a load of carp they talk.

I heard fayon rabbiting on about family members etc and cold old bob who lives nearby she also said peter volovont or whatever his name is being a technical expert on i world there was me thinking he was a part time actor who sells vacuum cleaners in his spare time but it seems he is a tech expert about heating now, what a load of carp they talk.

He might have got the 'expert' label for holding that meter in front of the ceramic heater. It take a certain level of skill to do it properly. Only him and Janice Phillips have the necessary skills. Apparently.

I must totally agree, they are all, self promoting experts (in complete and utter bulls**te).
They own everything they flog, or have bought it for friends or sad old g*ts they know. Don't even get me started about the fake looks of amazement, when yet another dairy lee slice goes in the frying pan with the plastic on.
I love it especially when the amaaaaayzin, meat comes out of the "Never fail, perfect cook Halogen" only to when being cut, it's sooo undercooked, and swiftly turned around off camera never to be seen again. I don't want to hear about whats going up poo poos bottom, or what his habits or thoughts about what goes the other way, please give it a rest.
If the diet gloop they flog, and the excersize stuff they flog, is so good, and so well endorsed by AmyG's fave presenter, why doesn't the said presenter look like the weight is dropping off? I can feel one of my heads coming on.

Latest posts

Back