Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting one here.

Paul Becque is presenting the 3pm Halogen oven hour, so he was on for roughly 3 mins (the item number or details were NOT on the screen) so Mr Becque acting the part as he does over the top blah blah blah get this or else blah blah, then screams 10% of the stock has already gone ARRRRGHHHHH Hurry.....pause....silence.....then Mr Becque says and thats without the details on the screen.

Okkkkkay so was he talking about people shopping online that have got in already? Or has 10% of the stock really gone? mmmmh I am smelling something here and its not the cooking IW!!!

We are all free to decide and I have decided Mr Becque jumped the sales pitch gun and quickly realised his "little error" and very very swiflty moved on with no explanation as to how the 10% had gone.....................I think this sales pitch has ironically been caught out with the IW graphics. :mysmilie_15:

haha, how can 10% go if there were no details to purchase that specific deal?

Paul Becque, in the words of Emily Thornberry ''you are talking bollocks''

"Is there anything he can't do"

Get a word in edgeways with his Wife?
Find some meaningful Acting work?
Tell the truth?

Welcome back Mutts, it's great to have you back. And rest assured, the Goons can't help providing ammo for us to take the pish out of so there's always a laugh to be had on here!

Regards :mysmilie_59:

Wishing you all the best Muttley.This forum certainly is the place to come when you need cheering up.

Now Peter V.has had an illustrious career.As well as being the expert 'Jack of all Trades' on our favourite channel he has amongst other acting roles :been in four episodes of East Enders,played Lieutenent Oberman in 'The Sound of Music' and played a police sergeant in a film called 'The Chameleon'.Certainly prepared him for IW where they need to be able to lie while the face looks honest.Also,spin those lines like they are talking to a best friend.Oscar winning performance for those who can't see through the bull.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0901585/

Last edited:
They've got the clip of Merna/Myra, they can't decide what she's called, that's had her halogen for 7 years. 'What's your favourite food cooked in it?' asks DP. She goes to say pasta but quickly switches to 'toastie'

Toastie? seriously? I think toast is one of the worst things to do in it. It doesn't actually toast so much as crisp!

Then DP prompts her about when she goes to church on a Sunday, she puts her dinner in it 'dunt ya?'.............'oh yes, she says, with all the trimmings'.........yeah right love

Isn't that a bit dangerous?

Funny I think Becque is having a horrible Halogen hour and someone has stitched him up.

He has had to read out a customer review several times, IW used to sell the previous model of halogen oven.

The reviewer starts of with "the last halogen oven had a DANGEROUS lid" :mysmilie_19::mysmilie_59: So Becque says right away "I wouldnt say its dangerous blah blah its just not as this one now is" Well simply Becque its not your review is it? So lets keep this simple and stop questioning a person who has parted with there hard earned cash only for you to start questioning them.

PS: the hour has finished and IW are wrong again as they predicted at the start of the hour that this "item might well sell out" it DIDNT!!!!

He's here again with what's up next, a Mathey Tissot and we'll not believe the prices! I can't believe he can actually just about say Mathey Tissot! It was more Mattay Tissot but it's almost there at last.

Edit: Minutes later he got the Mathey right but reverted to Tissio :dull:

The IW world telephone number is

Peter says 09056....Peter then says, KEVIN!.....Kevin says 48 48 48.............

Is this wind up sunday? Will we ever see another IW Sunday?

Oh and these watches are ROLEX inspired!! How do they get away with it? Load of balls!

The IW world telephone number is

Peter says 09056....Peter then says, KEVIN!.....Kevin says 48 48 48.............

Is this wind up sunday? Will we ever see another IW Sunday?

Oh and these watches are ROLEX inspired!! How do they get away with it? Load of balls!

They've also sometimes gone a step further by claiming that if you've always wanted a 'Roly' but couldn't afford one, tonight's your chance, etc., etc., deliberately implying that their Mankey-Tosspot watch is somehow similar in some shape or form to a Rolex apart from being a watch-shaped object :mysmilie_59:

I once got a plastic watch... it was rolex inspired... in the context that it was a watch?

I'll tell you what inspires these shat watches .......

1. Peanuts manufacturing costs
2. Massive mark up

And nowt else :mysmilie_59:

Some particularly tasteless-looking Constantin Weisz watches tonight including a truly hideous-looking one with rubies around the dial. Introduced earlier with "A lot of carat weight" without telling us either the weight or mentioning that there were multiple stones. Naughty.

Pope Peter Simon deliberately confusing a watch's full price with Flexi-pay was another 'highlight' after talking about expensive watches: "Not only £400, not only £300..." followed by the Flexi-pay installment even though he did say the words "on Flexi-pay".

Also Pope Pete going on about "descending to the surface of the sea" when talking about a diver's watch. Don't get it too wet now! :mysmilie_19:

Bit late as I haven't been well the last week or so, but my sincere condolences to Muttley. I have lost both my parents so I have a good idea of what you are going through :( Hope you are keeping well.....

Bit late as I haven't been well the last week or so, but my sincere condolences to Muttley. I have lost both my parents so I have a good idea of what you are going through :( Hope you are keeping well.....

Thanks Retro, I'm coping fairly well under the circumstances. I've had a lot of support from family, friends, colleagues and fellow forumites here. Keeping busy is the answer, for me at least. And the occasional glance at absurd shopping telly presenters.

I know its all been said before.

But honestly this current hour with Peter Simon is beyond pathetic, IW really have to have a strong word with him and themselves.

Within 5 minutes he said "My pussy is on its last legs" "I have heard adrenalin is brown" "He likes my P" Seriously how does he get work anywhere????? All the time he has had his leg up on the counter rubbing his nips with his tounge hanging out and mouth wide open licking his lips.

Its really all about him, as long as he sells thats obviously all IW are interested in, he cant EVER give a straight full detailed price of an item or a description of an item

By the way he is selling a washing liquid for work tops, carpets etc. but hell we would never know that with what I have written above, hes just said 2 £10's and a £5 pound! What the hell is going? thats not even the correct price.

He gets away with bullturd day after day, I'm fed up with his antics, ASA here I come.

I know its all been said before.

But honestly this current hour with Peter Simon is beyond pathetic, IW really have to have a strong word with him and themselves.

Within 5 minutes he said "My pussy is on its last legs" "I have heard adrenalin is brown" "He likes my P" Seriously how does he get work anywhere????? All the time he has had his leg up on the counter rubbing his nips with his tounge hanging out and mouth wide open licking his lips.

Its really all about him, as long as he sells thats obviously all IW are interested in, he cant EVER give a straight full detailed price of an item or a description of an item

By the way he is selling a washing liquid for work tops, carpets etc. but hell we would never know that with what I have written above, hes just said 2 £10's and a £5 pound! What the hell is going? thats not even the correct price.

He gets away with bullturd day after day, I'm fed up with his antics, ASA here I come.

He seems to be getting worse, on the watch hour last night he asked the producer/cameraman something along the lines of...... 'can you come close to me deep inside................this watch'

At one point Caroline Garrard was trying to talk about the watch and he was bellowing 'I LOVE THIS.......I LOVE IT'....and she had to ask him if she could just say a few more things about the watch!

Latest posts

Back