L'Occitane TSV 22/11/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can see the difference now (a big difference):

The new fragrance, Terre De Lumière, The Sunrise has base notes of acacia flower, bitter almond essence, tonka bean and white musk

The 'old' fragrance, Terre De Lumière Top notes: Amber, Pink Pepper; Middle notes: Honey, Lavender; Base notes: Acacia, Tonka Bean.

Discover Terre de Lumière, inspired by the Golden Hour, a unique moment in time right before the sun sets when the light embraces the sky. With zesty and aromatic top notes, this fragrance unexpectedly develops into delicate aromas of lavender, honey and almond from the South of France.

Oh dear, that throws the cat among the pigeons! I want the proper TDL, not happy to blind buy the new version which may not even be close to the old one! I do buy rather rashly in the sales but there is usually a tester knocking about, even if you don't have time to wait for it to develop properly!!! I have made a mistake that way, in fact the last one is in the charity bag. Looking on the Loccy website, I see they do have the small tube of the new handcream? in their large £125 TDL gift set. So maybe it's that rather than a full box of something we have never tried.

I bought Tova, what a mistake. I quickly threw it out and didn't even send it to the charity shop as felt it would be wrong to take someone's money for the vile smelling stuff! It was a collection of mini bottles.

to be honest i don't like basic sounding florals with blackcurrant and musk. beyond boring. the gourmad honey lavender sounds more unique like l'occitane old fragrances

This is known on the perfume forums as a flanker.

Based on the original but changed and given a new tag name.

The only flanker I have ever liked was Shalimar Parfum Initial (not the L'Eau or Floral later flankers)

Precisely. I would never buy perfume without trying iy, particularly from Q when you have to pay hefty postage charges. I tried the TDL scent yesterday in Debenhams and it is not up my street so I won't be buying it, I know Debenhams start their sale next week so perhaps there will be some bargains to be had for those that want to buy it
Can you describe it at all, Letz? I know it's hard to describe a smell & we all have different perceptions but just wondered if it reminded you of anything or if it was light & fresh or heavy & rich.

This is known on the perfume forums as a flanker.

Based on the original but changed and given a new tag name.

The only flanker I have ever liked was Shalimar Parfum Initial (not the L'Eau or Floral later flankers)
A flanker! How marvellous! I always thought that had something to do with horse racing but I love it in its new guise. So I think I have a flanker upstairs then as I bought Givenchy Dahlia Noir in a sale one year and Dahlia Divin last year. That is still in the stash and I can't remember the difference now.

Can you describe it at all, Letz? I know it's hard to describe a smell & we all have different perceptions but just wondered if it reminded you of anything or if it was light & fresh or heavy & rich.

Sorry for late reply, just got in from work! I find it hard to describe, it doesn't really remind me of anything in particular, but I would not call it a light summery scent, but it's not heavy or overpowering, you can certainly pick up the honey/ lavender undertones, some people may love it but it just isn't for me and not distinct enough. One review said it was like coco mademoiselle which I love but it seems nothing like that to me, sorry I have not been much help.
It is long lasting though,

Sorry for late reply, just got in from work! I find it hard to describe, it doesn't really remind me of anything in particular, but I would not call it a light summery scent, but it's not heavy or overpowering, you can certainly pick up the honey/ lavender undertones, some people may love it but it just isn't for me and not distinct enough. One review said it was like coco mademoiselle which I love but it seems nothing like that to me, sorry I have not been much help.
It is long lasting though,

This is interesting, I din't think it was long lasting and I can't smell it after a couple of hours, or may be this is my nose.
I couldn't describe the smell either, I can tell acacia and honey and I think it's reminiscent to now retired Immortelle fragrance.

Alexis has posted the tsv contents
5 - Piece Collection incl Gift Box, you will receive;
- 50ml TDL L'eau Fragrance
- 250ml Gentle Shower Gel
- 250ml Beautifying Body Milk
- 30ml Radiance Balm
- 75g Perfumed Soap tsv.jpg

pink perfumes are always too dainty and young for me what a massive disappointment. looks like a sarah jessica parker celebrity bottle. oh dear

- 30ml Radiance Balm
- 75g Perfumed SoapView attachment 14869

Looks very pretty, but having spent time in a previous post moaning about perfume-scented body products AND the fact I don't know what this smells like, I'm most definitely out...phew!

Well it looks gorgeous but I am not risking it for an untried perfume. I went into Loccy today and tried the original TDL to see if I still liked it and I do so I may just treat myself to the fragrance, no extras. At least it only comes in an EDp so has more staying power than their others. The various cherry ones just vanished on me sadly.

The assistant told me they are having a Black Friday 20% off (but NOT gift sets) for their VIP customers (i.e. Anyone who has ever bought anything and given their address) so I might pop in next Friday if there is no OTO etc on Q. I always thought BF was the Friday after Thanksgiving, so next Thursday but I see it is starting TODAY in Q and Amazon etc so will last over 10 days until Cyber Monday!!! She thought it unlikely TDL would feature in their January sale but I guess some shower gel might pop up.

Well it looks gorgeous but I am not risking it for an untried perfume. I went into Loccy today and tried the original TDL to see if I still liked it and I do so I may just treat myself to the fragrance, no extras. At least it only comes in an EDp so has more staying power than their others. The various cherry ones just vanished on me sadly.

The assistant told me they are having a Black Friday 20% off (but NOT gift sets) for their VIP customers (i.e. Anyone who has ever bought anything and given their address) so I might pop in next Friday if there is no OTO etc on Q. I always thought BF was the Friday after Thanksgiving, so next Thursday but I see it is starting TODAY in Q and Amazon etc so will last over 10 days until Cyber Monday!!! She thought it unlikely TDL would feature in their January sale but I guess some shower gel might pop up.

ohh intresting that they are doing 20% off to anyone who has bought before cause i know i bought from them online so that could be tempting

cherry blossom only works if you layer it with the shower gel and body lotion. my sisters ex used to wear cherry blossom he really liked it

ohh intresting that they are doing 20% off to anyone who has bought before cause i know i bought from them online so that could be tempting

you have to sign up with them scw...do they send you information by post of specials they do then you are a provence preferred customer. mind you this year i have not had much from them

- 30ml Radiance Balm
- 75g Perfumed SoapView attachment 14869

We cracked this one in the end didn't we?
This looks like a very nice Christmas present, beautiful fresh and cheerful colours. Shame we cannot test it in the shops.

Latest posts

Back