Buying Laura Geller a birthday present,

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd love to read it but don't do Facebook, not joining for a bunch of GGGs (Gruesome Geller Gals). Anyway, please don't worry about it, the idea is ridiculous that's why they've probably gone on the defensive, so if they ban you or give you a hard time over it, then you hit a raw nerve :mysmilie_3:

Ps......while you're there can you tell them from me, it is a powder, it does transfer, it does smell and most certainly doesn't "colour adapt" well, I'm sure it works for some as it's quite popular but whenever I've bought it in the past, it has never worked, just coloured talc for me with no coverage. Second thoughts don't, sounds like they'll shoot the messenger. :mysmilie_17:

There's such a huge fan club for b&b that I thought I was the only one who it didn't work for. Quality has gone downhill too since LG sold out and the colours are totally different. I so want to be part of the club and like it, but it does nothing for me.

Oh I have had a right sagging off on FB for being a'mole' and starting this thread off on here. It's made my day! That Get Geller Gorgeous site really is a hoot!!!

I`m not in GGG maybe because I don`t rate the makeup, it turned me orange but if they give you a hard time in that group then tell its leader you`ll put her in a vacuum bag and suck the hot air out of her which is exactly what she said on another FB group what she`d like to do to JF. Such a nice woman and if someone had said that on her group she`d ban them, delete the post and be spouting her sycophantic if you can`t say anything nice then don`t say anything at all claptrap.

Just saying ladies....

Attachments

• E7894071-4EAF-4609-A85E-A2B31B56E9FC.jpg
    E7894071-4EAF-4609-A85E-A2B31B56E9FC.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 232
I'd love to read it but don't do Facebook, not joining for a bunch of GGGs (Gruesome Geller Gals). Anyway, please don't worry about it, the idea is ridiculous that's why they've probably gone on the defensive, so if they ban you or give you a hard time over it, then you hit a raw nerve :mysmilie_3:

Ps......while you're there can you tell them from me, it is a powder, it does transfer, it does smell and most certainly doesn't "colour adapt" well, I'm sure it works for some as it's quite popular but whenever I've bought it in the past, it has never worked, just coloured talc for me with no coverage. Second thoughts don't, sounds like they'll shoot the messenger. :mysmilie_17:

And from me! A powder which starts off as a cream and is cooked to oblivion, whether or not it's on a terracotta pan, is still a powder and still looks like flock on me. I know people swear by it and it can't be too bad if it's so popular but on my far from perfect complexion, it just adds 10 years.

There's such a huge fan club for b&b that I thought I was the only one who it didn't work for. Quality has gone downhill too since LG sold out and the colours are totally different. I so want to be part of the club and like it, but it does nothing for me.

Congratulations on your first post and welcome to the wonderful world of shoppingtelly.com. We have a giggle on here and generally cut through the nonsense. This forum has helped me separate the good buys from the bad (on QVC and elsewhere) and I've learnt so much about all sorts!

Wonderful post on the QVC Facebook earlier in the week.

Question from one woman, "Is there talc in BnB?"

Someone answered, "Yes, it is the first ingredient!" :mysmilie_17:

I admit never having the urge to try BnB as no matter what they say to me it is powder foundation and I just do not get on with powder foundation as I have gotten older.

Welcome to the forum!

I do like B&B as it is easy to brush on and there is no mess. I have had less luck finding a good liquid foundation since Clinique long ago discontinued whichever one I used and was my perfect colour. Typical!

Wonderful post on the QVC Facebook earlier in the week.

Question from one woman, "Is there talc in BnB?"

Someone answered, "Yes, it is the first ingredient!" :mysmilie_17:

I admit never having the urge to try BnB as no matter what they say to me it is powder foundation and I just do not get on with powder foundation as I have gotten older.

I have given up with LG foundations, but I did try! I am using up the ones I bought very lightly over liquid/cream foundations, when the foundation has dried down a bit, to make a less "grabby" base for powder blushers when I use them. I did get a nice LG palette in a sale from Escentual.com - three eyeshadows, a blush, brush and lipgloss. I really like that - it's just the all-over face powders that don't suit me.

I have seen LG range in my local Debenhams. Felt BnB between my fingers and did not like it. But some lovely little palette, they don't seem to do the blush on its own. Beautybay etc all sell the range and individual items great sales usually too.

For those looking for a good powder foundation in a compact, I can recommend Chanel Le Teint Ultra Tenue....ultrawear flawless compact foundation.
Not cheap of course, but after initial purchase, you just need the refills which also come with a new sponge.
Try at counter first though, and walk around for a little while after so it settles to your skin.

I'm not a make up snob by any means, but some things are worth paying a bit more for.
As for LG make up, never tried it on my face, but it's in our Debenhams, so tried on back of hand.....yuk.

Thanks GG, and welcome :mysmilie_3:

The best pressed mineral powder foundation I've used is Mineral Magic, seen as though it's hard to get hold of Jerome Alexander Magic Minerals, which was the best foundation of all time. It's not expensive either, which is always a bonus. :mysmilie_17:

I hate foundation and if I`m putting on a full face of makeup I use a CC cream but if I`m just doing a quickie face I like Clinique Almost Powder Foundation which comes compressed in a compact and looks like face powder but has much better coverage.

I think it's been said before that B&B is much more powdery than it used to be. But I also think that as we go through life, our skin changes, and what we prefer on our skin also changes.

I do like B&B as it's quick and simple to use, and by the luck of the makeup gods, the fair is a great match to my skin tone and colour. It does make me laugh though, that we are told it is a baked cream and yet the major ingredient is talc... do the liquid/cream foundations have talc in them, let alone as the first ingredient? I get that to have a pigmented foundation of whatever formulation, there must be solid stuff in suspension.

Before I discovered B&B, I had been sucked into the hype about Bare Minerals. I couldn't trust to get it right with QVC, so got colour matched at my local JLP - just as well as QVC never sold the shade I was matched to. I wore it for a few weeks but found it sinking into all the fine lines. I don't normally look my age, but with the powdery consistency, making my skin look dry and lifeless, and the lines suddenly a big deal, I reluctantly accepted that it was ageing on my skin. I'm older now and never going back there. Good luck to you if it works for you, but I'm now back to BB, CC and concealer in tubes, with B&B when I'm in a mad rush or can't risk carrying anything liquid.

Lovely as Laura is, and much as I enjoy seeing her on my screen, I wouldn't dream of buying her presents. I don't know her or her jewellery preferences or sizes. Some like snug jewellery, and some hate it - personally a too-tight bracelet and especially a too-tight necklace would be straight in the regifting pile...

Oh I have had a right sagging off on FB for being a'mole' and starting this thread off on here. It's made my day! That Get Geller Gorgeous site really is a hoot!!!

Should see my email inbox :) I'm confused her birthday is 21st April so either they are planning ahead or have got the wrong date, what do you give the lady who has a net worth of over 4 Million Dollars!

BTW I am 56 on Monday and a Gold Bullion Bar would do nicely thank you :)

Should see my email inbox :) I'm confused her birthday is 21st April so either they are planning ahead or have got the wrong date, what do you give the lady who has a net worth of over 4 Million Dollars!

BTW I am 56 on Monday and a Gold Bullion Bar would do nicely thank you :)

Happy birthday for Monday, Graham. I assume that's you in your forum photo and you don't look a day over 4.

Good job you mentioned the gold bullion as we were going to have a whip-round and get you a huge Laura Geller powder foundation.

Thank you. Still finding my way around so not too sure what I'm doing yet. I'd quite like to thank or like some posts but I can't, do I need to be more active to be able to do that.

Oh, that's a good question about being able to "thank" and "like" when you're new on here. I can't remember from when I first joined. Maybe Graham can answer that??

Latest posts

Back