Jumpsuits

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I once had a nasty experience with a stretchy bodysuit but in my own defence it was years ago when I was much younger. I`d gone to a friend`s hen party and had a wee bit to drink. I needed the loo and was wearing a stretchy bodysuit under my clothing and it was one of those which fastened with poppers between the legs.
I used the loo and then bent down to reach for the back bit of the bodysuit which has pinged upwards as they do and to pull it to meet up and fasten with the front bit but because I`m tall the back bit had hooked on the door catch of the loo door. Everytime I pulled it to unhook it the back bit just stretched and refused to budge and I coudn`t turn around far enough to unhook it.
In my inebriated state all I could do was laugh hysterically and in the end my friend climbed over from the next cubicle to unhook me. I daresay if I`d been sober then I`d have managed things differently and I hang my head that in my much younger days I was guilty of getting in such a state but the same friend still reminds me of the incident to this day and I daresay it is something I will never live down.

That's what you call a friend, I don't think anyone would have done that for me... I'd still be there - Miss Haversham left in the loo!

I know two people who have Crohns, they have keys to certain toilets & also have to use those designated for people with disabilities. Because theirs is an invisible disability both of them have faced criticism for using these facilities when they look able bodied. In addition 'Spray before you go' products get ridiculed, however, they have saved both these women a huge amount of embarrassment. It must be a grim task cleaning public toilets & I assume people must leave their own in the same state - disgusting.

I know several Crohn's and diverticulitis people, too. Do they have the Bowel & Bladder foundation card? If not, recommend it to them. Pre my crutch days if anyone had a go at me for using a disabled loo I'd have mine ready in my hand - nothing like shutting someone up when they're being a bit dramatic.

I've never approached anyone about using a disabled loo just because they don't look disabled. I've told my niece to use them if she ever feels uncomfortable in a normal loo since she had a bad experience with a man in a dress using the ladies a few years ago. I just wish the grubby munters would clean up after themselves.

I have a shewee so I can wee like a man. It means that I don’t have to sit on dubiously clean toilet seats. When I first got it I practised with it by weeing standing in the bath, then I moved on to weeing standing next to the bath, then weeing into the toilet and finally I practised just undoing my zip on my jeans and using the device. The shewee is anti microbacterial so can just be put back in its case or a plastic bag and washed in soapy water and dried at home. The girls in the army use them.

I've looked at one of these SO many times. I just assumed they wouldn't handle my sometimes over-enthusiastic flow. I can never tell if I'm going to sit there for ages trying to squeeze a pee out or if I'm going to do my very own impression of Niagara Falls.

Not to mention every time I get in the car within 15 minutes I want a pee no matter how many I've had before leaving. My continence nurse gave me a collecting catheter to try but trying to get it in while fighting jeans that have fought wires while going over a bumpy road is mission impossible for me.

Where did you get yours?

I think the thing I envy most about young people is not their flawless skin (there is always Botox if I wanted it) but the fact they don’t need to go to the loo every bliddy 5 minutes.

I’m on high blood pressure tablets and although they have been changed umpteen times they all make me wee like mad. I hate holidays, always on the lookout for a loo, buying stuff I don’t want just to use one and straight afterwards on the look out for the next one. Years ago I was ultra fussy about toilets nowadays I just take what I can get and be grateful!

I had a jumpsuit when I was younger, with a more robust bladder. No more the case, sadly. Today's jumpsuits are much stretchier, so no doubt more comfy to wear, but nobody has yet cracked the problem of having to more or less remove your outerwear when nature calls (of course in truth these days nature comes around mob-handed, brandishing pitchforks). Don't get me started on the pubes-menacing poppers on bodies!

If I’m not mistaken didn’t Kimmy show one of hers were you pulled it down from the neckline? I wasn’t convinced that the neckline would zap back into shape, maybe once but after repeated loo breaks, don’t think so.

I reckon most of us of a certain age sported a jumpsuit at least once in our youth with varying degrees of success but unlikely to have the patience now to struggle with them. However they seem to be very popular with Q FB posters particularly. I do see the likes of Holly W sporting them in newspaper articles but saint Holly probably doesn’t pass water like us mortals.

I know several Crohn's and diverticulitis people, too. Do they have the Bowel & Bladder foundation card? If not, recommend it to them. Pre my crutch days if anyone had a go at me for using a disabled loo I'd have mine ready in my hand - nothing like shutting someone up when they're being a bit dramatic.

I've never approached anyone about using a disabled loo just because they don't look disabled. I've told my niece to use them if she ever feels uncomfortable in a normal loo since she had a bad experience with a man in a dress using the ladies a few years ago. I just wish the grubby munters would clean up after themselves.

And now we are faced with a complete overhaul of public loos being used by everyone for the sake of another minority. Sorry, but I refuse to use facilities used by both genders (and anything else in between) and have been quite vocal in my displeasure to the owners of such establishments.

I don't know if its still the case in France, but I remember years ago having to walk past a line-up of men using the urinals in order to get to the ladies cubicles - and that was simply the pits.

And now we are faced with a complete overhaul of public loos being used by everyone for the sake of another minority. Sorry, but I refuse to use facilities used by both genders (and anything else in between) and have been quite vocal in my displeasure to the owners of such establishments.

I don't know if its still the case in France, but I remember years ago having to walk past a line-up of men using the urinals in order to get to the ladies cubicles - and that was simply the pits.

I'm with you on this. My memory of French loos is one of paddles, a hole in the ground & having a good aim. There can't be many who could deal with that successfully in a jumpsuit.

I'm with you on this. My memory of French loos is one of paddles, a hole in the ground & having a good aim. There can't be many who could deal with that successfully in a jumpsuit.

Up until about 10 years ago (and I’m sure they still exist in unrenovated properties) I still came across those in Italy, tried once and never again.

Up until about 10 years ago (and I’m sure they still exist in unrenovated properties) I still came across those in Italy, tried once and never again.

Considering how advanced the Romans were I've been horrified by some of the facilities on offer in many parts of Italy & this is why I always have a large bag with me on holiday, it's like a portable bathroom. However, the worst ones I've ever had the misfortune to see were at the Castillo Menorca on Menorca, a place highly recommended, where we went to buy a piece of Lladro for my mum's birthday. It was horrendous & I wanted to wash myself & the children in bleach after just opening the door & then making a hasty retreat.

I am so with you there. WTF is that all about? Apart from cutting costs of course. I was more horrified than my niece when she told about the bloke in a dress incident. Apparently he'd raised his dress and was checking himself out in front of the mirror when my niece walked in on him (she turned around and shot back out but, like most younger women, didn't make a fuss out of embarrassment).

I'm a different matter. I'm an abuse survivor and would have screamed the place down. I'm also vocal with my displeasure when it comes to places that have got rid of separate facilities. I then vote with my feet and don't go back. I don't want to go to the "ladies" to be faced with men - whether they're in trousers or a dress. If you have man bits I don't care if you wear makeup and a frock, stay with others with man bits. If you've got rid of them, then you can use the ladies.

I sound very old-fashioned but I'm flat-out uncomfortable with sharing facilities due to my past experience. I also talked to a friend who has a Muslim sister-in-law who has also queried these mixed facilities.

Anyway, back to jumpsuits. If you're thinking of buying one and can cope with the toilet trials, always check out your rear view carefully. I've seen some very unflattering jumpsuits lately that looked okay from the front. The back, though... ouch. The main problem seems to be they're cut short so are not roomy from shoulder to leg, giving this tight look that pulls jumpsuits with elastic so they're straight down the back instead of curving to the waist. Inelegantly put but if you walk behind someone you'll know what I mean.

Considering how advanced the Romans were I've been horrified by some of the facilities on offer in many parts of Italy & this is why I always have a large bag with me on holiday, it's like a portable bathroom. However, the worst ones I've ever had the misfortune to see were at the Castillo Menorca on Menorca, a place highly recommended, where we went to buy a piece of Lladro for my mum's birthday. It was horrendous & I wanted to wash myself & the children in bleach after just opening the door & then making a hasty retreat.

:puke: I've been in a few in this country lately that have made me want to be decontaminated with bleach and my clothes burned, too. I can't carry a bag but all my pockets are stuffed with bathroom supplies. The handiest being individual Clinell wipes. I tend to open one to wipe my hands if I stop for a cuppa, then the same one gets folded up and used to wipe the toilet seat that I ALWAYS need after a drink. Those wipes are so wet and large it seems a bit of a waste to just use them for a hand wipe.

I'm not a holiday person, but I sure as hell can't cope with parts of the world that don't have good toilets any more. My hop behind a hedge days are long gone! I did visit a toilet in a department store in Las Vegas years ago and fell in love. The main door opened automatically, there weren't huge gaps in the sides like they normally have in American toilets. The cubicle frightened the life out of me as when I locked it a paper seat cover started coming around it like a little train! The flush was one of those wave ones, the soap and water were also automatic.

Though I was still :sad::puke::headbang: with the women who'd just waltz out without washing hands.

I am so with you there. WTF is that all about? Apart from cutting costs of course. I was more horrified than my niece when she told about the bloke in a dress incident. Apparently he'd raised his dress and was checking himself out in front of the mirror when my niece walked in on him (she turned around and shot back out but, like most younger women, didn't make a fuss out of embarrassment).

I'm a different matter. I'm an abuse survivor and would have screamed the place down. I'm also vocal with my displeasure when it comes to places that have got rid of separate facilities. I then vote with my feet and don't go back. I don't want to go to the "ladies" to be faced with men - whether they're in trousers or a dress. If you have man bits I don't care if you wear makeup and a frock, stay with others with man bits. If you've got rid of them, then you can use the ladies.

I sound very old-fashioned but I'm flat-out uncomfortable with sharing facilities due to my past experience. I also talked to a friend who has a Muslim sister-in-law who has also queried these mixed facilities.

Anyway, back to jumpsuits. If you're thinking of buying one and can cope with the toilet trials, always check out your rear view carefully. I've seen some very unflattering jumpsuits lately that looked okay from the front. The back, though... ouch. The main problem seems to be they're cut short so are not roomy from shoulder to leg, giving this tight look that pulls jumpsuits with elastic so they're straight down the back instead of curving to the waist. Inelegantly put but if you walk behind someone you'll know what I mean.

You're not old fashioned, you're principled & reading your second paragraph you're also very brave, bless you.

You're not old fashioned, you're principled & reading your second paragraph you're also very brave, bless you.

Thank you, but not brave or strong - I'm STILL in counselling for it. I will try to fight to stop it happening to others, though. And that starts with safe places for women. Something that seems to be dismissed by authorities and greedy retailers/management companies.

We always laugh at girls and women going to the loo in groups or pairs. Maybe it's some kind of self-preservation that's in us. I think I lacked the self-preservation gene as a youngster, and made up for it with the over-politeness gene. All my friends and family are probably fed up with me banging on about bringing girls up to listen to their gut and if something seems off wave goodbye to being polite to a stranger!

Thank you, but not brave or strong - I'm STILL in counselling for it. I will try to fight to stop it happening to others, though. And that starts with safe places for women. Something that seems to be dismissed by authorities and greedy retailers/management companies.

We always laugh at girls and women going to the loo in groups or pairs. Maybe it's some kind of self-preservation that's in us. I think I lacked the self-preservation gene as a youngster, and made up for it with the over-politeness gene. All my friends and family are probably fed up with me banging on about bringing girls up to listen to their gut and if something seems off wave goodbye to being polite to a stranger!

You wrote survivor & told us - both amazing as far as I'm concerned. We go through life hearing of so many awful experiences others have to deal with & can only imagine what it's like to be that person. I reached the age 60 without ever being made to feel uncomfortable by someone until the end of last year. One of the things on my retirement list was becoming a garden volunteer & I loved it, unfortunately one of the others got too close & made me feel decidedly uneasy. At first I thought I was imagining it & did everything I could to keep away from him but he was decidedly sneaky & eventually I left. Nothing compared with what real victims experience but unpleasant all the same. Good grief all this from the indignities of a jumpsuit...

For me, the best p/toilets in the world are those in Japan. They are beyond spotless, they play music while you 'go', there are blue lights that accompany the automatic cleansing, and there are never any remnants of t/paper littering the floor - or wet pools either for that matter. Its a country that could teach us more than a thing or two about cleanliness.

I think you are stronger than you know

I don't know if some ones' already written this up thread, but Oh My!!! the loos in India are so bad. Holes in the floor, no plumbing (a jug of water) no loo roll (they use the jug of water) & water absolutely everywhere. You have to roll up your trousers/tuck up skirt before going in the more public ones, (well, I do) which really smell of man-wee. No one washes hands in those mostly. Worst experiences were in the station when I swear an elephant had had a dumpin there. Everything full of poo - you could only wee on the huge pile of mash potato-like dung that completely filled the hole & it's surroundings. I was actually scared & wanted Mr B to wait outside.
The other truly awful time was when the mouse ran across the floor in the cubicle whilst I was in it. I had bare feet! (holy) & ended up screaming standing on the loo, much to the amusement of the other ladies who seemed to think it was unremarkable to see a mouse, that was really horrid & scabby & fast. Yuk!

For me, the best p/toilets in the world are those in Japan. They are beyond spotless, they play music while you 'go', there are blue lights that accompany the automatic cleansing, and there are never any remnants of t/paper littering the floor - or wet pools either for that matter. Its a country that could teach us more than a thing or two about cleanliness.

But I must warn you that in some places you will still find hole in the floor squat toilets... These will still be spotless and odour free.

Years ago my sister and brother in law went to the Dominican Republic, back in the days before it became a popular holiday destination and whilst out on a day trip their mini bus pulled up beside a sugar cane field and the passengers had to troop into the field to go have a wee. That was their toilet stop !
Another day they went to visit a market and my brother in law found a public loo which was basically 4 pieces of wooden fencing around the hole in the floor and a huge stone sink in one corner inside which a guy was sitting naked and having a bath, yes in the sink !

Latest posts

Back