Sunday Riley Beauty TSV 28/01/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not a fan of the brand. Good Genes broke me out in massive red lumps. The BA who came to my local Space NK a few years ago and had a chat. Told the biggest load of bullsh*t, they use FDA approved medical grade ingredients in their products. Then, oh shock horror, the FDA made them change their packaging with this info on the products and I believe they got fined as well. Naughty, very naughty. :p :sneaky:

It’s been on Q America for some time, so far I’ve tried 3 products
Glow vitamin c and turmeric oil, loved it.
Ice moisturiser very good for dry skin.
Afterglow brightening cream, found it pilled really badly on my skin.
Interested as to what the TSV will contain.

It's always good to see new brands. Q have beauty on so much that without new brands it can get repetitve and boring.
I hope this new brand addition isn't because the brand is in trouble.
Brands which are in trouble, and aren't really geared up for Q-style volume sales may find it's the straw that broke the camel's back... or the product quality suffers.
Q do need to make sure they have more affordable brands as well as more luxe brands. Although Q may aspire to big income shoppers, most of us have had to become much savvier about what we spend and who we shop with.

It's always good to see new brands. Q have beauty on so much that without new brands it can get repetitve and boring.
I hope this new brand addition isn't because the brand is in trouble.
Brands which are in trouble, and aren't really geared up for Q-style volume sales may find it's the straw that broke the camel's back... or the product quality suffers.
Q do need to make sure they have more affordable brands as well as more luxe brands. Although Q may aspire to big income shoppers, most of us have had to become much savvier about what we spend and who we shop with.
sadly for Q when they do cheaper brands they just dont sell enough to justify it & so they get rid & bring something more expensive which will sell

sadly for Q when they do cheaper brands they just dont sell enough to justify it & so they get rid & bring something more expensive which will sell

Nowadays a lot of people shop around because they’ve woken up to the fact that QVC is not always the cheapest place to buy things. They occasionally have genuine bargains but I don’t bother to fork out on expensive skin care and beauty items, especially when the BA has had work done despite saying they always use the product, when I get buy them more cheaply elsewhere.

I look at QVC and invariably shop around and find what I like cheaper elsewhere. Case in point: the HoMedics oxymeter - £36 + £3.95 P&P on QVC. I bought the identical one for £9.99 with free P&P from Amazon. It pays to shop around!

Sunday Riley 3 Piece Icons Skincare Collection TSV 28/01/24

30ml 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum RRP £70 + post
30ml Glycolic Acid Treatment RRP £70 + post
15ml Brightening & Depuffing Eye Contour Cream

Total RRP £200 + post

Attachments

• SR TSV 1.jpg
    SR TSV 1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 94
  • SR TSV 2.jpg
    SR TSV 2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 96
  • SR TSV 3.jpg
    SR TSV 3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 63
  • SR TSV 4.jpg
    SR TSV 4.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 93
My daughter introduced me to this brand a few months ago. She gave me the good genes and I really like it. I’ve always sworn by liquid gold but good genes feels lovely on the skin and there’s a definite tingle so maybe not for everyone. I reciprocated by giving her a Sunday Riley gift set which she seemed to love. I think the good genes is the hero product of the range. Might be interested in this if it’s a good price.

I'm a firm Elemis convert now but I'm always on the lookout for new brands that show results. I do like the fact that you can use the products and return if you think it's a waste of money. Saying that, 9 times out of 10 I'm too lazy to repackage and then take a 20 mile round trip to get to a post office. I plan to be more get up and go in 2024 and that includes returning things I don't want.

CC

My daughter introduced me to this brand a few months ago. She gave me the good genes and I really like it. I’ve always sworn by liquid gold but good genes feels lovely on the skin and there’s a definite tingle so maybe not for everyone. I reciprocated by giving her a Sunday Riley gift set which she seemed to love. I think the good genes is the hero product of the range. Might be interested in this if it’s a good price.
Good Genes when it was launched here had lactic acid, but because of some government ruling they had to remove it and use glycolic instead in the UK and EU. The lactic version is still sold in the US.

I wouldn't fancy using Vit C Glow at the same time as glycolic! Burn your face off. Skin barrier will not be happy.
I've got some glycolic acid and it says not to use with vit c but use hyaluronic acid afterwards.

Good Genes when it was launched here had lactic acid, but because of some government ruling they had to remove it and use glycolic instead in the UK and EU. The lactic version is still sold in the US.
Maybe it was removed because some people are lactose intolerant ??

Maybe it was removed because some people are lactose intolerant ??
No. You are not ingesting it. It seems just a ruling no allowed in the UK. Lactic is actually more gentle on the skin, glycolic is more intense and harsher.

There are quite a few ingredients in the US skin care we cannot have here and the other way around. I remember on a beauty board US members asking people here to get L'Oreal and Boots own brand sun cream the ingredients were different in the US, and it was not as good at protecting the skin.

Latest posts

Back