EVRI - you couldn't make it up!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After over a month, it's amazing that the windows haven't been smashed and the parcels stolen.

And no-one is interested in doing anything about it, not the council, the police, nor espcially Evri who don't seem the least bit concerned about their undelivered parcels.

The local rag is now advertising for EVRI drivers, up to £52K per year for part time work, no qualifications required.

Screenshot (2457).png

My local team is also superb. Nothing has ever gone astray in all the years that they’ve been delivering items to me. They know where my “safe place” is if I’m out. The “main” courier of the team gave me her phone number incase anything ever goes wrong. Thankfully it never has …… yet. 🤞

My Evri guy is Scott and he is brilliant. I get emails saying he is my driver and a photo, then I get a survey asking how he did? I always give top marks.

Amazon, now this is weird. I have cat litter on subscribe, but this order is coming by Royal Mail. Now the tracking etc I got said arriving Sunday 7th, but Royal Mail tracking says Tuesday 9th! Now, the first bag got damaged, and I had to wait a few days for it to come back in stock. So this is the one coming tomorrow.

It’s a postcode lottery in every sense of the word. I had years of good to great Evri service but now it’s just dreadful. Been like this maybe 18 months now. I always knew the courier - on first name terms and I’d reward them in a small way at Christmas (no Dyson hairdryers, I’m afraid!). Not any more. Can’t remember the last time I saw him. He never knocks and if he does, it’s two barely audible taps and scarper. Despite numerous requests to leave things under or over the locked side gate literally one metre from the door, everything is left on the doorstep so I can’t go out and am constantly going to the door to check on the off-chance when anything’s due 😡😡😡

I don’t like leaving bad reviews but I did give one star with the reasons in December. He rewarded me by taking the next delivery to a completely different road. I have left two more one star reviews with explanatory comments but nothing changes. They send I don’t know how many reminders to “review your courier” following a delivery but what’s the point if they don’t heed what you say? Do they even read them? Likewise QVC, by the way, with their constant ****** requests to leave a Trustpilot review, which I immediately delete.

I’m almost at the stage where I just don’t buy from any company that uses Evri but so many do.

This takes the cake! I ordered a rug on EBay from the UK. I live in Northern Italy. I received an email from Evri asking me to evaluate the delivery. The rug, they said, had successfully been delivered to an address in Staffordshire with my name on it. The shipping number was the same as the number I had received from Ebay. I contacted the seller, and he said that the rug was in the container awaiting departure to Italy. Remains to be seen if I get the rug.

My local team is also superb. Nothing has ever gone astray in all the years that they’ve been delivering items to me. They know where my “safe place” is if I’m out. The “main” courier of the team gave me her phone number incase anything ever goes wrong. Thankfully it never has …… yet. 🤞
Ours are the same, can't say the same for RM.
Ordered some things from Amazon yesterday and they are coming tomorrow by the awful RM. With how things have been over the last few months wether I get them remains to be seen.
I wish Amazon etc would let people know who was delivering before you placed the order.

You really couldn't make it up. I ordered the Bell & Howell charger for phones and tablets in the outlet and got confirmation to say it would be delivered soon. Last night at about 11.45 pm just before I was going to go to sleep I thought I'd quickly check my emails. I saw one from EVRI saying your parcel has been safely delivered to your address. I guessed that they'd either rung downstairs doorbell by mistake and they'd popped it in the hallway or they'd managed to shove it through the letterbox. I popped downstairs to grab it, and there was nothing there. I went back upstairs and opened the email to find that it said it had been delivered at 8pm and showed a photograph of hand pushing what looked like a jiffy envelope through our letterbox. I was too tired and because I had an early start today I thought I can't stress about it now I'll sort it out tomorrow. When I went downstairs this morning to go to work the parcel (not a jiffy and definitely too large for our letter box) was stood up in the hallway!!! Now I'm guessing that the delivery guy didn't bother ringing the bell at all despite it being labelled with our surname and left the parcel on the front doorstep and that the guy who lives downstairs who leaves for work earlier than I do came across it and popped it indoors for me. Why did the bloke take a picture of himself "delivering something through the letterbox" that clearly wasn't my parcel? I am baffled! Ok ,no harm done but what a shoddy outfit!!!

You really couldn't make it up. I ordered the Bell & Howell charger for phones and tablets in the outlet and got confirmation to say it would be delivered soon. Last night at about 11.45 pm just before I was going to go to sleep I thought I'd quickly check my emails. I saw one from EVRI saying your parcel has been safely delivered to your address. I guessed that they'd either rung downstairs doorbell by mistake and they'd popped it in the hallway or they'd managed to shove it through the letterbox. I popped downstairs to grab it, and there was nothing there. I went back upstairs and opened the email to find that it said it had been delivered at 8pm and showed a photograph of hand pushing what looked like a jiffy envelope through our letterbox. I was too tired and because I had an early start today I thought I can't stress about it now I'll sort it out tomorrow. When I went downstairs this morning to go to work the parcel (not a jiffy and definitely too large for our letter box) was stood up in the hallway!!! Now I'm guessing that the delivery guy didn't bother ringing the bell at all despite it being labelled with our surname and left the parcel on the front doorstep and that the guy who lives downstairs who leaves for work earlier than I do came across it and popped it indoors for me. Why did the bloke take a picture of himself "delivering something through the letterbox" that clearly wasn't my parcel? I am baffled! Ok ,no harm done but what a shoddy outfit!!!
Awaiting a parcel from Amazon coming by RM. About 4.30 an elderly gentleman rang our doorbell with a parcel for us. This had been delivered to his house about 3 streets away and he said it had been left under a bush. Luckily it was in a plastic bag as it had drizzled all day. Now I was under the impression that RM never left parcels like that.
Can't find any way to report to Amazon . I've complained numerous times over the last few months about RM's atrocious service but it makes no difference.
On the plus side they did manage to deliver the two new tablets we ordered the previous day.

You could ring Amazon CS and report it. As it came via RM it might have been a third party sale as the majority of goods do come direct from Amazon, but are obviously sold on the Amazon site. Amazon should then contact the vendor. You could also contact the vendor and tell them what happened. They can then take it up with RM.

Last year I had reason to ring Amazon because I’d received a faulty printer, from a third party vendor, which had been a birthday present for someone. Amazon gave me advice and so I contacted the vendor direct. They reimbursed the money immediately but the refund was £10 short, so I contacted them again. The £10 was also refunded immediately with an apology. Amazon were able to monitor it all because they also contacted the vendor so they knew it had been resolved.

I had a new one on me today…

I got a parcel from White Comapny - sadly not for me but someone else to my house - and it was sent by “Amazon Shipping” and delivered by amazon courier.

It’s a new service apparently.

At least this one asked before leaving on doorstep as I can’t get to door in time!

To be fair, tracking etc was good!

My cat food is due to be delivered today by Amazon, I do the subscribe and save tracking shows it arrived at the Belfast depot ready to go out.

Evri, the lovely Scott, came yesterday as I ordered Christy towels from their eBay outlet. Now I ordered hand towels and bath towels and got two sets of tracking numbers, so thought must be two parcels. Scott came and handed me one, I mentioned I thought it was two parcels. He stood and waited until I opened the parcel and checked, Yes, both sets in the one parcel.

Sorry to change the subject but I thought I'd tell you about the contents of my Evri package (still can't get over the weird faked photograph). I ordered the Bell & Howell multi device charger from clearance and paid a shadow over £17 for it including postage. I would say that it's a return as the mains cable that plugs into the unit doesn't connect very easily and it takes a bit of adjustment to get it working. Unfortunately when you move the unit, even if you add a device it goes off and you have to fiddle with it again. Once adjusted and settled it works fine, however, I wouldn't say that it charges devices any more quickly (one of the selling points). I have decided to keep it as I didn't pay much for it, it does work and despite its shortcomings it's a neat place to store your tablets even if you're not charging them, and it is handy to be able to charge up to 4 devices from the same unit at the same time - well once you've fiddled with it! Had I paid full price I definitely would've returned it. I also noticed that they do a slightly more expensive model that includes four short charging cables, the one I got was the basic one so you have to use the long leads that come with your devices. I'm sure I'll be able to pick up some mini cables cheap as that will make it look even neater. You take your chances with clearance and at the end of the day I've got a device that will be useful, so I can't complain really, well apart from the inexplicable Evri delivery!

Latest posts

Back