Perfect Formula TSV 7/2/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perfect Formula 6 Piece Collection TSV 07/02/24

2x Pink Gel Coat RRP £54 + post (based on the price of 1)
Ruby Gel Coat RRP £27 + post
Manicure Booster RRP £18 + post
2x Nail Colours RRP £16 + post

Total RRP £115 + post

Attachments

• PF TSV 1.jpg
    PF TSV 1.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 145
  • PF TSV 2.jpg
    PF TSV 2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 140
Thanks SCW. Does anyone use/rate this as a nail nourisher/strengthner? I've used OPI Nail Envy for years and recently bought one on Ebay and thought it must be a fake as it bubbles and peels off, smells awful etc. Have since seen absolutely loads of negative reviews that the formula has changed (I wondered why instructions were now to apply once a day instead of every other) My nails aren't that bad, just need protection and a bit of nurturing 😉 Any suggestions or recommendations very welcome 🤔

I despair of my nails, yet to find anything that stops them breaking from the side below the quick, hurts a lot.
Bought some of that new OPI Repair Mode but if anything seems to make them more brittle.

I do occasionally use Perfect formula but I don’t really like the brushes and it does peel off after a couple of days.

Thank you all for your replies - it looks like plenty of negatives but as with everything we all can have different experiences. I may try but it will depend if a bargain price (maybe don't hold breath😄). A friend really rates Nailtiques which I hadn't heard of but does have good reviews - but expensive. Good Housekeeping rate Rimmel's Nail Nurse in their top 10 which is as cheap as chips so I may give that a go to see if it works as I'm fed up of expensive mistakes!

Thank you all for bothering to reply - much appreciated and take care 🤗😉

I despair of my nails, yet to find anything that stops them breaking from the side below the quick, hurts a lot.
Bought some of that new OPI Repair Mode but if anything seems to make them more brittle.
I tried the OPI Repair Mode but I didn’t notice an improvement even after I’d used it all. I was very disappointed.

I can recommend Margaret Dabbs nail and cuticle serum. My nails got really dry during lockdown with the non-stop handwashing and a couple of them developed splits. I apply it regularly and the splits have gone and, although they’re now long, I can’t remember the last time I broke one. (I hope that doesn’t tempt fate 😳) I now use clear Orly breathable varnish and, if I want to put colour on, I use that as a base coat.

I can recommend Margaret Dabbs nail and cuticle serum. My nails got really dry during lockdown with the non-stop handwashing and a couple of them developed splits. I apply it regularly and the splits have gone and, although they’re now long, I can’t remember the last time I broke one. (I hope that doesn’t tempt fate 😳) I now use clear Orly breathable varnish and, if I want to put colour on, I use that as a base coat.
I do actually use that Toril but not regularly (like each day) as I forget 🤔 I think you may have a good point and a clear breathable varnish may be enough protection- with more regular use of Margaret dabbs.

Thank everyone I shall definitely be giving this a miss ! 🙂🤔👍

I've tried just about everything including this. It peeled off but also yellowed my nails to the point that my old doctor commented on it! No wonder it has optical brighteners in it.

A gel home kit made my nails look the best they've ever looked (I just used clear) as it filled in the truly awful ridges I developed in my mid-thirties. However, I developed a pyogenic granuloma that started as a small red splinter-looking streak under my nail. I visited the GP as I know some skin cancers start there but it grew with my nail. It grew up to the top of my nail under the free edge then erupted with blood and pus that wouldn't stop until I used a silver nitrate pencil on it. I had to have it cut out twice. My GP and both dermatologists asked if I'd used a UV gel lamp. I stopped using gels after that.

I ended up using the Margaret Dabbs Strengthening Treatment I got as part of a kit just on the tips as I wear my nails bare. This seems to fill in the ridges that catch then break down into the quick (ouch!) as long as I use it quite thickly over the free edge.

I've gone through all sorts of fads over the years but hand cream or nail oils rubbed all around the nails gives me the best results. I'm just too lazy to keep doing it consistently. I've just gone back to Victoria Health Fulvic hand and nail cream as it was a freebie (they frequently do offers on the Fulvic range, sign up for their Saturday email). I can see the difference after a few weeks but remember having the same result a few years ago with it.

Latest posts

Back