I’m getting really bored

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I look at the tv schedule for the week ahead and if it’s anything that interests me then I have a look at QVC at 9pm. I haven’t bothered watching at 9pm for two weeks and, seeing what’s coming up, I won’t be doing that for at least another week.

I can usually find things more cheaply elsewhere anyway, despite their “bargains,” and often do this if they have sets of things and I’m only interested in trying one item from the set.

Agree! I rarely click over at 9pm to see what the TSV is these days. Even the brand ambassadors are boring. I used to love watching the likes of Lulu Guiness and Leyton Denny with Nina, and a few flamboyant fashion guys who I can't remember their names. And then there was SJ with Bare Minerals giving really helpful demos. There aren't many really professional ones on these days,imo. It all seems a bit old tatt to me.
SJ is still on with SBC

There are still some very good deals around.
The Prai supersize neck cream last month was one, the last Elemis TSV was another.
Items that are more difficult to find elsewhere.
The Hairfix I’ve only found on their own website, the litre ABC is good value, I used to have my legs waxed at a nice salon and they used to sell the range there , that was the first time I saw it.

I've got mountains of face cream, other skincare & homeworx candles to use up from Q & elsewhere, so no more purchases of them from me.

I haven't watched Q for so long, I can't remember.

I find some of the newer, and other presenters irritating. Always going on about themselves or patronising rubbish.

Speaking of rubbish, when I do occasionally watch whilst flcking through, Q doesn't half sell a lot of old toot these days imo.

People are obviously entitled to disagree with me on this.

But seriously. Wynne Layers? Costs a fortune for cheap looking thin tat that would struggle to sell on a market stall for a fraction of the price.

Last I saw they'd got some mediocre at best skincare & makeup in. Making out they're the holy grail. No. They're really not. They're cheap, bog standard products. Newer to Q skincare ranges that are bulked out to the max with cheap fillers & they're watery. I've bought them cheap years ago when they were sold elsewhere.

Don't get me started on when they were selling lab grown diamond jewellery for extortionate prices. Yes they look lovely. But certainly not at those prices and it depreciates like crazy as more places sell it.

Q seem to be going downmarket but still trying it on with silly prices.

And one of the worst sales ethics I saw was when I saw a presenter selling fairly expensive garden fountains, encouraging people to buy more than one. Then telling people as they could buy them on installments, they wouldn't notice it each month. That's how people can get into debt.

They were mass produced resin.

I bought a Tweek"d TSV about a year ago. It was supposed to be an amazing hair mist over £50 for two large spray bottles. It was truly dreadful on my hair. It was like a bit of cheap moisturiser mixed with water. So much for the crushed essence of rare Himalayan berries or whatever lol.

I think the big issue Q has is competition that's growing all the time. I've actually bought real top quality face & neck skincare from TJC. It's fabulous. There's also so many websites offering superb brands at excellent prices these days.

The most "interesting" TSV I've purchased recently has been the Tommie Cooper long socks! OK not wildly exciting but something which it would have never occurred to me to buy until I saw them come up as a TSV. Not worn long socks since a child but I love them - keep me so warm in this miserable weather. I'd only wear them under jeans/trousers though not as QVC styled them!

The most "interesting" TSV I've purchased recently has been the Tommie Cooper long socks! OK not wildly exciting but something which it would have never occurred to me to buy until I saw them come up as a TSV. Not worn long socks since a child but I love them - keep me so warm in this miserable weather. I'd only wear them under jeans/trousers though not as QVC styled them!
Me too, I struggled with long socks being uncomfortable around the under knee so didn't wear them, even though they were warmer. I thought I would give these a go expecting to return them, but they are wonderful, and my legs don't seem to ache as much, so win, win.

They were wonderful at stopping your legs getting chapped from the tops of your wellies!
But honestly, like many of you, I never watch the channel these days. I look on here or a quick look at the tv weekly guide on their website if I'm online to see what’s coming up, always so disappointing. I used to enjoy looking at TSVs & buying things I fancied & the presentations with Leighton, Lenny, Ralph, the Models Prefer & Bare Minerals ladies, I admit it & bought more than I should have. But now, well it gives Saturday night TV a run for it’s money in boredom & that’s saying something 😂

I used to spend far too much with qvc so I'm quite pleased they have gone down hill😂My main complaint is p&p charges I used to buy LE from qvc then starting buying direct as multiple items were cheaper I no longer buy from LE as they have changed the formula of a number of items and they don't agree with my skin.

I am saving my hard earned pension towards a rather more expensive holiday this year and has it made me consider and re consider where I spend elsewhere.After the necessities of food & household bills other things that I would have just bought rarely get through the ‘net’. It is a good learning curve making me really think about what I am buying.QVC & their TSVs which once would have been ‘a must have’ don’t get a look in.

I am saving my hard earned pension towards a rather more expensive holiday this year and has it made me consider and re consider where I spend elsewhere.After the necessities of food & household bills other things that I would have just bought rarely get through the ‘net’. It is a good learning curve making me really think about what I am buying.QVC & their TSVs which once would have been ‘a must have’ don’t get a look in.
I just got back from an expensive holiday and I will not be buying anything from QVC for a long long time. Its a funny thing those few weeks of not buying has got me out of the sync. I watch but I am not buying.

I still flick around during ad breaks, so start with QVC and move up the channels. Then hit the music channels and continuing flicking.

Now last week Diamonique show on and spotted a little ring which I had never seen the demo of but on the web. It was down to £16+ so bought it. It is very pretty, and I am delighted with it. Yes, I was just flicking.

I still flick around during ad breaks, so start with QVC and move up the channels. Then hit the music channels and continuing flicking.

Now last week Diamonique show on and spotted a little ring which I had never seen the demo of but on the web. It was down to £16+ so bought it. It is very pretty, and I am delighted with it. Yes, I was just flicking.
I rarely watch QVC these days so probably don't know any/many of the current presenters, but I do remember they used to do some very pretty Diamonique jewellery pieces.

Latest posts

Back