No wonder i rarely buy....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Spent just over £100 today on Clearance items - 4 in total BUT the items totalled £87. The rest is p&p

Having a bit of a G & T moment, tonight I spent another £100 for 3 items with another company with free delivery, but £2.95 for next day delivery.

Unlikely I will keep all the items, but QVC are shooting themselves in the foot with the ridiculous cost of p & p.

Spent just over £100 today on Clearance items - 4 in total BUT the items totalled £87. The rest is p&p

Having a bit of a G & T moment, tonight I spent another £100 for 3 items with another company with free delivery, but £2.95 for next day delivery.

Unlikely I will keep all the items, but QVC are shooting themselves in the foot with the ridiculous cost of p & p.
And it is even worse when they suddenly have a day of free PP, without any warning, and you realise how much you would have saved it you'd bought all your recent orders on that day.

And on the free PP day, I didn't actually want anything, despite having a good look around.

I had the same problem, couldn't think of anything I'd been going to buy but been put off by the p&p. Of course, the next day there was
And it is even worse when they suddenly have a day of free PP, without any warning, and you realise how much you would have saved it you'd bought all your recent orders on that day.

And on the free PP day, I didn't actually want anything, despite having a good look around.
loads I should have got. :(

We're not fooled by their free p&p days which is just smoothing over the cracks. Could do better, QVC, if your profits are as huge as you make out (our number one shopping channel etc) so if your products were all sensibly priced you could always offer free p&p which is now so ridiculous it has to add to profits. And the money back guarantee isn't anything special, either, because what happens to the returned goods when there is such a long date to try them and return them? No prizes for guessing there.

I think all TSVs should have free P&P and EZ pays. All other orders should have one P&P per order which would surely encourage people to buy more. I've often wanted 2 or 3 items but have bought 1 or none because of the per item postage costs. I don't think I can think of any other companies that charge per item, especially when you buy 2 of the same thing but in different sizes/colours. You then also have to pay again if you want to send anything back so it all adds a lot onto the original cost of the item, which usually isn't all that cheap in the first place.

CC

I think all TSVs should have free P&P and EZ pays. All other orders should have one P&P per order which would surely encourage people to buy more. I've often wanted 2 or 3 items but have bought 1 or none because of the per item postage costs. I don't think I can think of any other companies that charge per item, especially when you buy 2 of the same thing but in different sizes/colours. You then also have to pay again if you want to send anything back so it all adds a lot onto the original cost of the item, which usually isn't all that cheap in the first place.

CC
Totally agree.
Hubby and I were talking about postage earlier today. There are no other companies that would charge you any postage when you spent over £30-£50 never mind add postage for any other items…. It’s totally unacceptable and one of the reasons I buy so little from QVC theses days…

I stopped proactively looking at QVC to buy from predominantly due to their uncapped p&p per item. That and I feel their quality, for me has gone downhill, with many companies leaving them. Other companies imo have significantly lowered their product standards.

Some of the QVC p&p amounts seem expensive per item too. It's ridiculous. Every other company I can think of does capped p&p per order or day, or has monthly subscriptions instead or as an alternative. If I spend over an amount, many offer free p&p.

Of course I do occasionally buy something advertised by QVC that I want. But I no longer actively look to shop as I used to on their website.

The last time I bought from them was for a JM Home big white orchid arrangement in a pewter coloured pot when it was a TSV. And that was so long ago I can't remember.

Prior to that I also had two food orders that took literally several weeks plus to arrive. Wilfreds Pies to a friend during lockdown was one, & a cake selection for me on a special price.

Those loaf cakes, when they did eventually arrive were just OK at a push. Hardly any of the fruit mentioned & fairly dry. Really weren't worth the wait & I threw out one & a half of them.

I've only ever happened across free p&p once. I don't visit the website or watch it on TV every day though. Does this happen often?

Slightly different topic, I ordered a DVD from Ebay about 3 days ago, only £2-43 with FREE PP.

It arrived today, but they'd made a mistake and sent a CD of the film songs instead.

I let the seller know, he immediately refunded my credit card, apologised, and explained how it had happened. And I could keep the CD as well, which I've played and enjoyed.

He no longer had the DVD in stock so I've ordered elswhere, with FREE PP.

I hate the ridiculous postage costs and the returns that you have to pay for. Most if not all companies put a free return label in the package. Most do free post. QVC need to ditch the 60 day MBG as its not necessary I have never used it there is no need. I kid you not if you try to use the said items for 60 days and returned them you would receive the naughty step letter telling you they will close your account

I hate the ridiculous postage costs and the returns that you have to pay for. Most if not all companies put a free return label in the package. Most do free post. QVC need to ditch the 60 day MBG as its not necessary I have never used it there is no need. I kid you not if you try to use the said items for 60 days and returned them you would receive the naughty step letter telling you they will close your account
They say you can return items within 60 days with no questions asked. How come, if you do this, you would receive a letter telling you they will close your account? This would be a blatent lie, so I can't believe it. Maybe, someone would get such a letter if they returned over 50 percent of their purchases, but not just a few.

absolutely Brissles, many companies give free P & P on much smaller amounts. I have just ordered nail polish from ORLY which is the best nail polish out their which also has the Leaping Bunny award ideal for me. Three bottles of nail polish in their sale free P&P arrived yesterday.

Tbh, it doesn't sit right with me that people are allowed to wear clothing, footwear, use soft furnishings, cookware for 2 months then return it because we all know that it gets sent out to other customers and sometimes they're sent out to those who've paid full price. Yes a lot of us buy clothes from Charity shops knowing they've been worn before, but at least charity shop items get freshened up before they're put on sale and of course the proceeds go to good causes.
If I received an item of clothing that I would know immediately whether I wanted to keep it or not simply by trying it on. I wouldn't dream of putting it on and going out and about in it, nor would I put a throw on my sofa, let the dog sleep on it, decide that it doesn't look that great and send it back even if I'd washed it. Shoes, I agree that an initially uncomfortable pair could soften up a bit with wear, but again I'd sooner not take the chance - If they don't feel right immediately then back they go. I wouldn't dream of sending back shoes I'd worn unless they fell to bits in a number of weeks. I think everybody's got the right to expect compensation for faulty/poor quality merchandise but of course this is a different matter. Charity shops sell footwear but at least the customer is making an informed choice as to whether to buy them or not. I would say the only "decent" thing the MBG offers is for skincare, I think it would be pretty good to be able to get money back if it turns out you're allergic to something, other than that, I think they should do away with it forthwith and offer the customer better terms elsewhere.

I beg to differ Boffy. I have used the money back guarantee many times, shoes, clothes, but mainly makeup. I have tried many foundations that with any other companies I would just have had to take the hit and chuck out, but have returned them and got full refunds without question. Allright, it cost me the postage, but better that than the £40 or whatever that would have been wasted otherwise. I've returned shoes that I have worn, like many previously bought pairs that seemed comfortable in the house but then having worn them outside turned into monsters that chewed my toes, which in the past have been expensive mistakes, now only cost me the postage. In fact, I don't like buying shoes elsewhere now as I like being able to give them a good road test and know that I can still return them, and I have never had any problem getting refunds, although it might take a week or so to receive it. So for me, the postage is worth it on those items. After reading on here about the 'naughty step letter' I did expect to get one, but I never have, so I'm not sure how many items you must have to return unuseable to get one. I do think cheaper postage on multiple items, especially clothes when you would like to try multiple sizes and return them unworn, although I do always request postage refunded when returning unworn items straight away and it has usually been refunded.

Stopped buying from QVC ridiculous prices, outrageous p@p on every item instead of charging one lot per order.
Then you pay again if you have to return a rubbish item. Plenty of good online alternatives at half the price and low p@p
QVC. need to get their act together before they go down….

Tbh, it doesn't sit right with me that people are allowed to wear clothing, footwear, use soft furnishings, cookware for 2 months then return it because we all know that it gets sent out to other customers and sometimes they're sent out to those who've paid full price. Yes a lot of us buy clothes from Charity shops knowing they've been worn before, but at least charity shop items get freshened up before they're put on sale and of course the proceeds go to good causes.
If I received an item of clothing that I would know immediately whether I wanted to keep it or not simply by trying it on. I wouldn't dream of putting it on and going out and about in it, nor would I put a throw on my sofa, let the dog sleep on it, decide that it doesn't look that great and send it back even if I'd washed it. Shoes, I agree that an initially uncomfortable pair could soften up a bit with wear, but again I'd sooner not take the chance - If they don't feel right immediately then back they go. I wouldn't dream of sending back shoes I'd worn unless they fell to bits in a number of weeks. I think everybody's got the right to expect compensation for faulty/poor quality merchandise but of course this is a different matter. Charity shops sell footwear but at least the customer is making an informed choice as to whether to buy them or not. I would say the only "decent" thing the MBG offers is for skincare, I think it would be pretty good to be able to get money back if it turns out you're allergic to something, other than that, I think they should do away with it forthwith and offer the customer better terms elsewhere.
Regarding skincare you can get a refund its your right if your allergic. QVC are not offering anything better than the high street when it comes to your rights. The fact they charge you the best part of £10.00 p&p to receive and return something thats not suitable is the worse deal you will ever get from any online company.

I beg to differ Boffy. I have used the money back guarantee many times, shoes, clothes, but mainly makeup. I have tried many foundations that with any other companies I would just have had to take the hit and chuck out, but have returned them and got full refunds without question. Allright, it cost me the postage, but better that than the £40 or whatever that would have been wasted otherwise. I've returned shoes that I have worn, like many previously bought pairs that seemed comfortable in the house but then having worn them outside turned into monsters that chewed my toes, which in the past have been expensive mistakes, now only cost me the postage. In fact, I don't like buying shoes elsewhere now as I like being able to give them a good road test and know that I can still return them, and I have never had any problem getting refunds, although it might take a week or so to receive it. So for me, the postage is worth it on those items. After reading on here about the 'naughty step letter' I did expect to get one, but I never have, so I'm not sure how many items you must have to return unuseable to get one. I do think cheaper postage on multiple items, especially clothes when you would like to try multiple sizes and return them unworn, although I do always request postage refunded when returning unworn items straight away and it has usually been refunded.
I have spent a really dire amount on QVC purchases tens of thousands since day one. I have returned maybe 3 items so you must be prettier than me to get such superior service.

Regarding skincare you can get a refund its your right if your allergic. QVC are not offering anything better than the high street when it comes to your rights. The fact they charge you the best part of £10.00 p&p to receive and return something thats not suitable is the worse deal you will ever get from any online company.
Wow, I didn't realise that! How about cosmetics in general, does that apply also? I must admit I could've done with the mbg on some costly cosmetics I bought another online retailer a couple of years ago, I wasn't allergic to it but, the quality wasn't what I expected and the colours made me look terrible so I ended up binning them. Going back to the skincare/allergy right of refund how do you prove this? I'm guessing that it wouldn't be so simple as to return to boots with the offending product, a red/itchy face or photographic evidence and get your money back, surely there would be questions to answer, forms to fill in etc etc, or would you have to contact the company direct, provide receipts etc etc? Q will refund you no matter why you've regretted your purchase but I still think they should get rid of it and reduce prices and postage all round.

Latest posts

Back