Philip Kingsley TSV 9/3/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I use Moremo miracle 10 as a conditioner. It’s brilliant and far better than all the other conditioners I’ve used because it doesn’t leave my hair feeling “heavy.” It’s a lot easier to rinse out as well and I get no tangling when brushing my hair while it’s still wet, prior to drying it.

I use Moremo miracle 10 as a conditioner. It’s brilliant and far better than all the other conditioners I’ve used because it doesn’t leave my hair feeling “heavy.” It’s a lot easier to rinse out as well and I get no tangling when brushing my hair while it’s still wet, prior to drying it.
So do I Toril. It was ridiculously expensive and I really didn't think I'd like it, but I use it almost every day and it lasting forever so I really won't mind buying another bottle when it's finished.

I tried it and was impressed after the first go , then Not so impressed when used the next few times

Philip Kingsley Sicilian Lemon & Bergamot 3 Piece Collection
Item Number: 250006
QVC Price £94.92
Todays Special Value Price £44.52
P&P £3.95

Escape to the sunshine-soaked Mediterranean coastline with a little help from the experts at Philip Kingsley. Infused with the enlivening aromas of Sicilian Lemon & Bergamot, the collection features Body Building Weightless Shampoo and Moisture Balancing Combination Conditioner to help cleanse, condition and volumise the look of your locks, as well as Maximiser Root Boosting Spray to help smooth and protect. From start to finish, treat your hair with professional-quality formulas that will leave your hair looking and feeling full, smooth and shiny.
*A great saving: if you were to buy the Maximizer Root Boosting Spray plus an unscented Body Building Shampoo and Balancing Conditioner direct from Philip Kingsley you'd pay £116. So, for our Today's Special Value price of just £44.52, plus P&P, you're saving £72.09.
Take a stroll through Positano - relax and allow the refreshing scents of juicy Sicilian lemon and zesty bergamot revitalise your senses. As both the shampoo and conditioner in this collection are enriched with this zesty aromatic, your locks will be finished with this gorgeous sunny fragrance every time you wash your hair.
Uplift your haircare ritual - Philip Kingsley's Body Building Weightless Shampoo and Moisture Balancing Conditioner are icons in the industry, striking the perfect balance between volume and moisture for all hair types. Simply slot them into your daily haircare ritual and bathe your locks in the stunning scent of Lemon & Bergamot, as well as amazing formulations that will bring out the very best in your hair.
Go big or go home - looking to add a little volume to your locks? The Maximiser Root Boosting Spray packs lasting volume and lift into fine or limp hair. This heat-activated formula delivers residue-free texture to your roots, leaving your hair looking and feeling naturally fuller and thicker.
Contains:
  • 1 x Lemon & Bergamot Body Building Weightless Shampoo (500ml) - a gently cleansing shampoo that helps to add volume, body and shine. Suitable for men and women with fine textured, limp, lightweight flyaway hair and chemically processed/colour treated hair, even when used frequently. Enriched with hydrolysed hair keratin and natural cellulose. A warming vanilla base is softly layered with sweet sorbet notes, creating a delightfully fresh, uplifting and rejuvenating scent
  • 1 x Lemon & Bergamot Moisture Balancing Combination Conditioner (500ml) - an anti-static formula ideal for medium-textured, wavy hair or fine processed hair. Formulated to deliver moisture where it is needed most; at mid-lengths and ends, without weighing the hair down, to help leave hair looking shinier, smoother and tangle-free. Perfect for use on colour treated hair and excellent for children as it helps to provide painless and easy detangling. Contains wheat protein, silicone and hydrolysed elastin. A warming vanilla base is softly layered with sweet sorbet notes, creating a delightfully fresh, uplifting and rejuvenating scent
  • 1 x Maximiser Root Boosting Spray (250ml) - a volumising styling spray ideal for fine, limp and flyaway hair, which helps to provide body while adding shine, smoothing frizz and protecting your hair from colour fade and UV damage. Infused with polyamide UV protectors and hydrolysed keratin

If you were to buy the Maximizer Root Boosting Spray plus an unscented Body Building Shampoo and Balancing Conditioner direct from Philip Kingsley you'd pay £116.

Lemon & Bergamot Body Building Weightless Shampoo (500ml) RRP £41 cost £17.13
Lemon & Bergamot Moisture Balancing Combination Conditioner (500ml) £RRP £46 cost £19.22
Maximiser Root Boosting Spray (250ml) RRP £29 cost £12.12

Total £116 cost £48.47 incl p&p used in calculations.
Thanks SCW for RRP prices.

Is it similar to the L'Oreal Wonder Water products that only need to be on for a few seconds?

I get it on offer for a fiver and use it "for best" only as it's fast, makes my hair feel great and de-tangles a dream. However, I can only use it once every several washes as it dries my hair to a fetching Worzel state.

I’ve succumbed.
Liz Earle reformulated has dreadful reviews .
PK is probably one that’s remained good.
Going to have to avoid the temptation of the elastizer.
Even the shitty bottle hasn’t completely put me off unfortunately. ☹️
That pouch is very off putting. Most of us who love Elastisicer buy the pump bottles not the small tub.

I can't really complain about my hair as it's gloriously thick, has retained (most) of its colour even though I'm now at the ripe old age of 60. The one thing that I've never been able to achieve is a shine, well unless I Henna it. I haven't dyed it for decades and I don't really want to go down that route right now, anyway apart from some annoying frizz I get when it needs washing like I said age has been quite kind so far. I'd love my hair to shine though - I've tried umpteen "shine" shampoos, conditioners and sprays but nothing has given me that mirror gloss that I see in so many others. Anyone got the same problem and moreso has anyone found a product that does what it says on the tin?

I have thick curly/frizzy hair. Although I’ve always considered it the bane of my life I do now appreciate it as most of my friends suffer with thinning wispy hair as we’re now in our 70’s. I am a retired hairdresser, so have tried many products , and different trends over the years, and have never been able to get my hair to shine, it just isn’t the right texture!

Is it similar to the L'Oreal Wonder Water products that only need to be on for a few seconds?

I get it on offer for a fiver and use it "for best" only as it's fast, makes my hair feel great and de-tangles a dream. However, I can only use it once every several washes as it dries my hair to a fetching Worzel state.
I’m afraid that I can’t compare them because I’ve never used L’Oreal wonder water products. I’ve never had an issue with Moremo making my hair dry and it’s certainly less faff using that than using “normal” conditioner or PK products.

I would have looked out for the L’Oreal wonder water but as you’ve found that it dries your hair out I think I’ll stick to Moremo. 😉

Elasticizer is one of those products I’d get genuinely mad if it was reformulated.
I don’t even have bad hair, straight and fine but lots of it.

I had a chat with my hairdresser about various hair products. She said those shine type products, spray or otherwise, are dreadful for hair.
She has seen colour not taking evenly because of the barrier coating they leave on hair.
Also they often have a reverse effect, by eventually drying out hair, so don't be fooled by adverts etc.
I've never tried any of them thank goodness.

I ordered the tsv last night, and hoping it doesn't smell like lemon washing up liquid :)

I can't really complain about my hair as it's gloriously thick, has retained (most) of its colour even though I'm now at the ripe old age of 60. The one thing that I've never been able to achieve is a shine, well unless I Henna it. I haven't dyed it for decades and I don't really want to go down that route right now, anyway apart from some annoying frizz I get when it needs washing like I said age has been quite kind so far. I'd love my hair to shine though - I've tried umpteen "shine" shampoos, conditioners and sprays but nothing has given me that mirror gloss that I see in so many others. Anyone got the same problem and moreso has anyone found a product that does what it says on the tin?

I can't get mine to shine but my hairdresser blow dries it to a blindingly glossy curtain. There's obviously a knack to it but I can't get it right.

I use it most mornings as I literally put some in my palm, rub them together till it foams, smooth it through my hair which seems to go from frizzy to smooth instantly and then rinse it off. I tried the L'Oreal wonder water when it was offer not long after it came out but it didn't seem to have the same de-corseing properties. I probably still have it so should maybe give it another try.

Latest posts

Back