Was I delirious?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What is a dry robe?
It's an oversized zip up coat with fleecy/towelling interior that helps those doing "wet" outdoor pursuits eg surfing, wild swimming etc get dry quickly and is big enough to actually "change" under. Anyone remember those towels that were elasticated round the neck that people wore down to the beach in the 60's and 70's? Back to the Dry Robe which is essentially a big waterproof coat with a warm and drying lining. I guess it's a bit like how UGG's/Emu's started off as footwear for surfers before they hit the mainstream big time, but at the moment they're still early days so when people are seen doing the weekly shop or queuing up in the bank wearing them, they're scoffed at!

I've said this before, but I seriously am at a loss as to how she gets away with the prices she charges for her range, and more at a loss as to why people pay it.
Her prices have always been ridiculous, but are getting worse. She charges more for her stuff than the actual designers who sell on QVC- Ben Del Lisi, Julian McDonald, Helen Berman etc, the prices of her shoes and handbags are an absolute joke, she should be embarrassed, but obviously making a fortune!

Really! Watching the Osprey presentation. The elderly brand ambassador has said that a £157 leather bag would be suitable for a NAPPY BAG😳. Even Katy looked shocked. I certainly wouldn’t put yucky nappies in my Osprey bag or any other expensive bag I own. Sometimes wonder what planet they’re on.

I noticed the other model who covers up ( think her name is Tamsin) was modelling on the pearl jewellery show. Bearing in mind most of the pieces were either necklaces and earrings, and her head and neck were swathed in coverings, how on earth was she expected to model them? The couple of necklaces she wore looked ridiculous over her neck scarf,( not the best way to wear pearls!) and she couldn’t show earrings as her head and ears were tightly covered. I must say, as the presenter Ophelia had to wear most of the jewellery, the pearls looked really lovely on her, and complimented her skin colour beautifully. Also, could she have looked any more fed up , sour faced and bored? She was also modelling shoes and handbags on an earlier show, with a face like a smacked arse! The BA tried to engage her in a bit of banter at one point when asking her to try on different colour shoes, but she was having none of it.

Just read your comment about Mrs Mop, very funny. I can’t think who Mrs Mop is?
I have no idea who Mrs Mop is either. Could she be a cleaning lady?

I noticed the other model who covers up ( think her name is Tamsin) was modelling on the pearl jewellery show. Bearing in mind most of the pieces were either necklaces and earrings, and her head and neck were swathed in coverings, how on earth was she expected to model them? The couple of necklaces she wore looked ridiculous over her neck scarf,( not the best way to wear pearls!) and she couldn’t show earrings as her head and ears were tightly covered. I must say, as the presenter Ophelia had to wear most of the jewellery, the pearls looked really lovely on her, and complimented her skin colour beautifully. Also, could she have looked any more fed up , sour faced and bored? She was also modelling shoes and handbags on an earlier show, with a face like a smacked arse! The BA tried to engage her in a bit of banter at one point when asking her to try on different colour shoes, but she was having none of it.
She has a beautiful face, but without expression.

They may as well just showed the jewellery on the jeweller's bust! When they did show her face it was stiff and expressionless though I think she did manage an eye roll, she clearly didn't want to be there!

My mum would have said she had a face like a busted boot. Agree that it’s daft having a model that can’t show off the product to its best advantage. Good job AY doesn’t produce the jewellery shows as she’d probably have a male model or some other gender🤭

Diversity is one thing but diversity for the sake of it is another. How on earth can anyone see how a dress with a keyhole detail and flutter sleeves is gonna look when it's plonked on of a roll neck jumper with long sleeves and worn over a pair of trousers? Or a string of pearls worn over swathes of fabric around the neck, and it doesn't help when the model clearly would rather be somewhere else!

My mum would have said she had a face like a busted boot. Agree that it’s daft having a model that can’t show off the product to its best advantage. Good job AY doesn’t produce the jewellery shows as she’d probably have a male model or some other gender🤭
Or a face only a mother could love.

Just saw the Kipling show with Chloe, I think that Mrs Mopp is the model but if it is she’s wearing different headwear.

Latest posts

Back