Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't know if any of you remember the Harry and Paul series with Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse. There's a series of sketches about a boutique in Chelsea called 'I Saw You Coming' it's obviously a satire to do with a particular type of person but Ideal World always reminds me of it. Jacks isn't quite the clientele of this shop but I would 100 percent watch a shopping channel that took the attitude of Enfield's character.

Is that soppy, dull Tamsy brand the only one they do? Herself never seems to have any other ‘fashion’ wears to hawk there? Are they contractually tied to it solely? And that ghastly music... It’s like what they’d play in a seaside Chapel of Rest in 1975. The whole thing is so low rent, cheesy looking and sounding.

Last edited:
I don't know if any of you remember the Harry and Paul series with Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse. There's a series of sketches about a boutique in Chelsea called 'I Saw You Coming' it's obviously a satire to do with a particular type of person but Ideal World always reminds me of it. Jacks isn't quite the clientele of this shop but I would 100 percent watch a shopping channel that took the attitude of Enfield's character.

I didn't see that series, these sketches are so clever, treating gullible customers with contempt🤔

Always made me laugh.

Mind you I am sure some of the stuff he sold would have been useful to someone.......

The original series of Harry Enfield has very recently been on That's TV 2. Christmas show from 1990 today at 10.45pm. Series 2 starts tomorrow at 10.50pm.

Is that soppy, dull Tamsy brand the only one they do? Herself never seems to have any other ‘fashion’ wears to hawk there? Are they contractually tied to it solely? And that ghastly music... It’s like what they’d play in a seaside Chapel of Rest in 1975. The whole thing is so low rent, cheesy looking and sounding.

Low rent and cheesy, sounds like match made in heaven for IW.

Maybe the target audience (slightly larger ladies) are expected to be sat on the sofa at home 24/7.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back