Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Think comedy is an age thing. What I found funny in the 60s and 70s my parents didn’t. I don’t find any modern stuff at all funny (modern I class anything from the late 70s onward!). Only current programme that does make me laugh is QI. Apart from that I’ll carry on watching the 99th million repeats of Dads Army🤣
You're right, comedy like music is an age thing it's just that our age was better!

I appreciared the previous generation of Hancock and Steptoe but not the Goons which I found silly. I also loved the Beatles and Stones though it wasn't "my" music.

Quality counts and lasts but I don't see it today in the AI generated auto-tuned musical morass.

Went for a look to see what’s on and ……
I’m off……..
But just before I vanish
I saw the front before and after pic and was totally flummoxed.
In the before pic the model has a very distinct narrowing waistline in the after pic her waist line has completely disappeared 👻

Last edited:
I tried to go but had to stay till they showed the front view before and after I had seen to screen shoot it. No way are they both the same body.

Attachments

• F16C2C97-52E8-4FCA-B03B-8DE5D8B15361.png
    F16C2C97-52E8-4FCA-B03B-8DE5D8B15361.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Mason - "folks have been buying them before we've shown them" :unsure:

How can folks be buying if they ain't on the web site and they haven't been seen on screen or shown code number and price?
He's one of the worst for very obviously going into a sort of selly telly presenter verbal auto-pilot. I was watching for a few mins the other night and he did this old routine

How many left Julie? (whether or not anyone actually answers is debatable ;))
Cue shocked face
Folks, you better get a wriggle on!

Absolutely zero reference to how many are actually left. Could be 1, could be 1000.

VERBAL GUFF!!!

Went for a look to see what’s on and ……
I’m off……..
But just before I vanish
I saw the front before and after pic and was totally flummoxed.
In the before pic the model has a very distinct narrowing waistline in the after pic her waist line has completely disappeared 👻
Okay okay, if you all insist, on behalf of the forum I'll study the image in detail for the next 2 hours to determine if they're different people.

No no, absolutely no need to thank me, I understand it's a boring arduous thing to do but someone has to.

Okay okay, if you all insist, on behalf of the forum I'll study the image in detail for the next 2 hours to determine if they're different people.

No no, absolutely no need to thank me, I understand it's a boring arduous thing to do but someone has to.
Only two hours I’m shocked and disappointed at your lack of commitment. How dare you spend so little time on such a fascinating subject.

I tried to go but had to stay till they showed the front view before and after I had seen to screen shoot it. No way are they both the same body.
The before and after for posturemade me chuckle, she was slouching before and the after standing up straight with her shoulders back. Best picture was when Morticia put the dummy down in front of her so you couldn’t see her grotesque face.

Oh no, Peter Vol au Vent and open your mouth swallow your face are now on flogging a telescopic window cleaner squeegee. Time to get lunch methinks.

Oh yeah, the sheer anarchy of Rick and Ade was wonderful following on from The Young Ones.

When you think of the latter though, they hated authority but paid no student fees as universities were free in those days. A strange twist!
And don't forget Rick and Ade were on University Challenge representing Scumbag College on The Young Ones🤣. If I remember correctly Shephen Fry and Emma Thompson were on the opposing team. And Gryff Rhys Jones as Bamber Gascoigne.

Totally agree that times change but some comedies don't date for me. One of my favourites is Yes Prime Minister. Very little has changed!

Humour is very definitely of its time, and also age is very much a factor. I can remember my parents laughing till they cried at a Brian Rix farce, while I was stoney faced. When Monty Python came along I was in my element, and my parents just didn’t get it. The joy of Alexi Sayle in the Young Ones. And as for Bottom, they had done it all before in Filthy Rich and Catflap, so much funnier! Except I think I’m the only person who remembers it!!

Latest posts

Back