Why do we not listen to our own advice?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Do I order footwear online? No , Do I order Moda in Pele ( I have a retailer within walking distance of my home) No.So why did I click on the recent trainer QVC offering? Well I am looking for comfortable, walking footwear, something a bit out of my usual ‘look’ for a holiday I am planning for.Yes,I know, that is not even a reason! I have to go up a size as they do not do half sizes, the result they looked like boats on me.Then the return, an Evri shop nearby, I am used to paying return online & printing the label.In the shop I was told to contact QVC customer services for a QR code, what? Went round the corner to the post office and have taken out a mortgage to return item. Will I learn? I can’t even claim I ordered after a glass or 2 of wine!! Daft!

Do I order footwear online? No , Do I order Moda in Pele ( I have a retailer within walking distance of my home) No.So why did I click on the recent trainer QVC offering? Well I am looking for comfortable, walking footwear, something a bit out of my usual ‘look’ for a holiday I am planning for.Yes,I know, that is not even a reason! I have to go up a size as they do not do half sizes, the result they looked like boats on me.Then the return, an Evri shop nearby, I am used to paying return online & printing the label.In the shop I was told to contact QVC customer services for a QR code, what? Went round the corner to the post office and have taken out a mortgage to return item. Will I learn? I can’t even claim I ordered after a glass or 2 of wine!! Daft!
I'm guessing that the Evri £2 something return only applies to parcels of a certain weight, a pair of trainers would be quite heavy. It's so annoying having to pay out and having nothing to show for it at the end. I'll buy footwear from Very 'cause click and collect is free if your purchase is in excess of £30 and if it's part of an order you'll only pay £3.99 delivery as they do it per order. All returns are free. Thanks for the reminder not to buy footwear from QVC.

Well, you’re obviously just daft as a brush, Silver Fox. I never buy things on impulse and despite what others on here say (maliciously), I have never bought multiple sets of Cozee Home bedding, Molton Brown, or things others recommend, which they have a good use for and I don’t but and I am buying for fear of missing out and because it’s a bargain. Never! Get a grip!

Well, you’re obviously just daft as a brush, Silver Fox. I never buy things on impulse and despite what others on here say (maliciously), I have never bought multiple sets of Cozee Home bedding, Molton Brown, or things others recommend, which they have a good use for and I don’t but and I am buying for fear of missing out and because it’s a bargain. Never! Get a grip!

Blah, blah, blah Andi.
Change the record eh because we've heard it all before 😂😂😂😂

Order online direct with moda in pelle - they have great sales and free delivery ( and are on topcashback )

We bow to thee, oh temperate one. 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♀️

Yes they have good sales & I have a stockist near to where I live, the sizing is a no no for me and reading the reviews on these trainers I am not alone.
I was going to suggest Debenhams for their often very good MiP offers and they also have free P&P and free/cheap returns, but I agree their sizing is tricky so buying in a shop is definitely best.

In all but one pair of shoes I have had from MiP, I have had to size up. Fortunately, I haven’t found they look big and boaty at all but I have only bought their smarter shoes with heels - not had their trainers or clumpier styles which can look huge, as you say. I just think what they call a 7 is a 6.5 (or even a 6) UK.

Latest posts

Back