Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well mouthy jacks is on panorama for about 20 seconds tonight when her wipers stopped on the smart motorway.
That's her idea of on another channel tonight.:unsure:
Whilst I appreciate it must have been very scary for her, at least she is still here to tell the tale, unlike some of the other poor souls in the programme. Why does she always have to draw attention to herself, going to the newspapers etc. Just be grateful you weren't hurt. Apparently she had PTSD afterwards.

Blondie has 5 watches in his collection, all thanks to being at IW, and says disappointedly he doesn't have William Hunt watch yet. :ROFLMAO:

Oh here we go again Duchamp is a Swiss brand and he's flogging a Duchamp watch that was assembled in the Far East, also doesn't know how they are able to discount so much from Duchamp RRP. :rolleyes:

And the weight is important crap again.

I don't know who is passing these numpties the information to spout, but both Blondie and Motor Mouth seem to think a diver's bezel makes it a chronograph watch. :oops: Motormouth also is under the impression that not only is the diver's bezel a chronograph but also a tachymeter and it has a Swiss Quartz Automatic movement. :eek:

I'm lost for words. :ROFLMAO:

Motormouth did her own market research on the Cadola Peterson watch which she is selling for £299.99 and found it on Amazon for £413, shame it's actually the brand's owner that is selling on Amazon marketplace so not really market research. Of course she could have just looked at TJC web site, their selling the blue and orange versions for £199.99.

Price comparison she used with Mainspring on Amazon Marketplace.

cad1.JPG

Of course, as i say, she could have done a price comparison within her own building and business, ie TJC.
cad 2.JPG

Also says the are created and designed in the Swiss town of Neuchâtel, the most prestigious watch region in the world, called watch valley, a Unesco Heritage site, that's where these guys (Cadola) are based. :eek: The original Cadola may have been but they are dead and buried, the watches you are selling are Created and designed in China, Kowloon, Hong Kong to be precise.

How the hell are these folks selling watches, who does the research on the brands/watches they are selling, the buyer, junior office worker or primary school kids getting the free 27p breakfast?

It's really embarrassing watching the last two presenters (blondie and motormouth) making absolute fools of themselves flogging watches due to their sheer ignorance of the watches they are selling, really shocking considering one presenter claimed IW is one of the UK's biggest watch retailers, don't know about biggest but certainly the UK's most horologically ignorant. :eek::ROFLMAO:

And now they have no graphics because their computer has crashed…again. Is it supposed to be a professional television shopping channel? Does QVC’s graphics systems crash on a regular basis? What is the difference between the systems they use and what this channel uses? Two cans and some string?
The problem is ZX Spectrum's were never designed to do that much processing of data ...

The fake texts and the dodgy price comparisons don’t appear to sit well with her. Despite her credibility with me being absolute zero - others offering jobs in this field may see things differently. Maybe a Shop On TV gig on days (I don’t know where they film from?) works better for her logistically and pays better? Maybe they are offering a second-hand caravan and space as an incentive?
Their current studio is in Covent Garden in London. Whether they stay there is up for debate. But Kevin watch guy said they were close to the original Swan and Edgar building. Not sure of my London geography

The Swan & Edgar department store used to have display windows around the exit to street areas near the main circulating area and booking hall at Piccadilly Circus Underground Station. It was rather surreal seeing a shop front like that underground. I never saw any watches displayed. Covent Garden is probably less than half a mile away from there.

Also, just thinking of the original intake of presenters from when this version began. Ryes, Simona, and Silly Girl have definitely gone. Rob is hardly ever there - knee issues? Heather now used as just an occasional model. The Bid Up Three hanging on like grim death still. No sign of any new studios.

Last edited:
The Swan & Edgar department store used to have display windows around the exit to street areas near the main circulating area and booking hall at Piccadilly Circus Underground Station. It was rather surreal seeing a shop front like that underground. I never saw any watches displayed. Covent Garden is probably less than half a mile away from there.

Also, just thinking of the original intake of presenters from when this version began. Ryes, Simona, and Silly Girl have definitely gone. Rob is hardly ever there - knee issues? Heather now used as just an occasional model. The Bid Up Three hanging on like grim death still. No sign of any new studios.

There was also an entrance into the store via the circulating area on the Station, I’ve just learnt. I’d forgotten that. I remember going in to the shop in about 1981 to ask for some horological advice about their classic heritage own brand of watches from a Mr. Anthony in the Timepieces department. I was told by the Ironmongery Department manager, Mr. Saucepan, that there was neither a Mr. Anthony nor their own brand of watches and no Timepieces department within the entire store, and would I prefer to buy some Duraglit instead? I said no, and went to look at their Timex glass display case next to Swiss Army knives and the Sparklets Soda Syphons..Bast….

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back