Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yesterday Pedro said that Laurelle was one of the top perfume houses. Just checked and they are based in a business park in Canvey Island...
The whole concept of selling perfume on TV is ludicrous. The presenters resort to desperate descriptions of smells and comparisons to luxury brands whilst claiming they are not comparing in the next breath.

The whole concept of selling perfume on TV is ludicrous. The presenters resort to desperate descriptions of smells and comparisons to luxury brands whilst claiming they are not comparing in the next breath.
The whole concept is ludicrous as far as I'm concerned. Every ... single ... product is amazing, spectacular, great value, stunning. In reality, this tells the viewers feck all about what products are actually like. Ok, we understand why they do it, the last thing selly telly will ever be is truthful in the true sense of the word, like almost all retail. Hence when you stop and think about it, it's all ludicrous.

Especially when it comes to IW and many of their £9.99 products, we all know many (most?) of the presenters wouldn't have the stuff within 100 metres of their homes ;)

Was there ever one - really? They've been going since August, is it? You think even with any signing off issues that would have been addressed by now? They sell predominantly £9.99 tat. Why do they even need a bigger space to do that?
There are certain things they can't do in there and the kitchen is really cramped. When the inferno happened chef Ken Barlow had nowhere to go. Mason was able to leap out of the way.

The whole concept is ludicrous as far as I'm concerned. Every ... single ... product is amazing, spectacular, great value, stunning. In reality, this tells the viewers feck all about what products are actually like. Ok, we understand why they do it, the last thing selly telly will ever be is truthful in the true sense of the word, like almost all retail. Hence when you stop and think about it, it's all ludicrous.

Especially when it comes to IW and many of their £9.99 products, we all know many (most?) of the presenters wouldn't have the stuff within 100 metres of their homes ;)
You have to buy these sumptuous, delicate, exquisite delicious rich tea biscuits. And dunk them in this aromatic, fruity notes, flavoursome soggy tea bag

Agreed. Laurelle for example is sold in Beauty Base, a cheap beauty store chain. No snobbery from me, they sell things at a good price, I've bought Calvin Klein's CK1 in there. They also sell cheaper brands. I was never tempted to try Sexy Shoo, the design of the bottle is awful and I wouldn't want that displayed on my dressing table. So I've no idea what it smells like.

Pedro was just reeling off names of things in it like jasmine and patchouli (various pronunciations of that!). Not much help to me, it could still smell vile. I would never buy perfumes that I had not tested previously in this way.

And he "wasn't comparing" the Always Forever perfume (which he kept calling Always and Forever) to Chanel about 4 times. Surely its easier not to mention Chanel at all if he's not comparing it. He might as well "not compare" it to a No. 9 bus!

£7.99 sunglasses. Anybody got all four? No, you old fuc.. Wonderful. Well done. I say get them all for reason alone that you are saving loads of money and buying something that you don’t need. Next…canes…New studio for this sh..?
Duke, surely you pack several pairs of sunglasses when you go on holiday? Salleh does and she's a style icon and knows what she is talking about...😏

Latest posts

Back