Catherine Huntley lost weight.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Watched a few shows this week and noticed that Catherine looked like she had lost some weight, she had a great figure anyway but I think she looks much happier now. Reading the posts people have made about the Beauty Bash , everyone has had nothing but praise after meeting Catherine which is nice as she normally gets plenty of stick (some deserved, some not). Her hair colour has grown on me too , I didn't like when it was more orangey but now its a strawberry blonde is suits her, still prefer her blonde though.

I am watching the gold show that she is presenting now. She really is looking goog, and yes- I agree definitely thinner. The neckline on her top/dress is very flattering on her as well as the print and colour.

I am glad that visitors to this years beauty bash thought the same as I did when I met her at last years. She really was nice, but my praise on here seemed to fall on deaf ears.

I've always liked her too. She is quite sugary and seems to have little self esteem but I don't find her irritating and she's always pleasant and polite to the guests. Can't imagine her slapping anyone on air unlike some.

I thought I herd say at the beginning of week she is starting her new years regime in Feb.

catherine is really really nice. very pretty and slim and has an incredible speaking voice in real life. nice lady

I think Catherine lost weight before with Diet Chef which was a good advert for it. I always think she looks lovely but I hate it when she starts putting herself down on TV. No need.

CC

I have always liked Catherine, she is one of my favourite presenters....

Even though she is not one of my favourite presenters, i think Catherine always looks great. She makes an effort with her appearance which is more than can be said of some of the others. i don't doubt she in a nice lady - just don't like her presenting style.

I agree - a lot of her problem is that she lacks confidence so she sticks rigidly to the company line, whatever it is. Sometimes she overdoes it, but for the bosses she's a very safe pair of hands. I don't mind her.

Big fan of Catherine here, she is a genuinely nice lady, who I know has helped QVC customers in the past without making a great song or dance about it. She absolutely loves her job, and I think that shines through. She was also hideously bullied as a teenager, and I think that sometimes shows through to the adult woman in an over-desperation to please. I'd rather that than a couldn't care less attitude, though! Nice thread, Autumn, thanks for starting it.

Big fan of Catherine here, she is a genuinely nice lady, who I know has helped QVC customers in the past without making a great song or dance about it. She absolutely loves her job, and I think that shines through. She was also hideously bullied as a teenager, and I think that sometimes shows through to the adult woman in an over-desperation to please. I'd rather that than a couldn't care less attitude, though! Nice thread, Autumn, thanks for starting it.

Aww I didn't know she was bullied as a teenager :( , Im really pleased how many other people on here like her, its nice to have a positive thread :clapping:

I have never made any secret of my dislike for her presenting style but glad that those who met her had a different impression.

Would love to know how she has lost weight so quickly as it was very noticeable just a few weeks ago.

All in all I can't ever see myself warming to her but hey that what it is all about.

I didn't see the shows but I have always really liked Catherine. I think she comes across as a very kind and thoughtful person on screen. She always responds to tweets too. She has a very good style and dresses in a way which flatters her shape.

I think she has a nice figure and is a nice looking lady but I don't like her as a presenter and I think anyone has the right to say that since every other presenter gets bashed some much more so than her. Some people have also met Jill Franks and said she was lovely too. I get the feeling here you are not allowed to have a negative opinion on CH, yet you are on others. If one is fair game then they all should be imo.

Good job we don't all like the same people. I have met her too. Still didn't warm to her at all. For the same reason I haven't warmed to her on screen. Gushy and insincere. My opinion. Attractive woman though.

I am sure she is a lovely person to her friends, family and people she met at the BB. But I too just do not like her presenting as said before gushing desperate, Debbie Flint is the hard sell to C Huntley's almost begging you to buy.

If she looks like she has lost weight in like a week, then perhaps its new shape wear stuff she is using or trailing or QVC.

one thing about Catherine she does not take heself seriously and showed us the same said shapewear. shes a hoot. very funny lady

I think she has a nice figure and is a nice looking lady but I don't like her as a presenter and I think anyone has the right to say that since every other presenter gets bashed some much more so than her. Some people have also met Jill Franks and said she was lovely too. I get the feeling here you are not allowed to have a negative opinion on CH, yet you are on others. If one is fair game then they all should be imo.

I think that's always the way when there's a thread in support of a presenter - you'll always get more strident calls to her defence. Nobody, but nobody, will ever replace Deftly Bling in the category of Most Hated Presenter for me, but that's just my opinion. However I do think it's interesting how the public and private personas apparently differ - or do they? What you're seeing on screen is just another side to what you see in real life, so I think there's eg a more pushy side to DF than there is to CH, just as CH has a more ingratiating side to her than DF. It depends on what sort of an all-round person you're attracted to, imho.

I think that's always the way when there's a thread in support of a presenter - you'll always get more strident calls to her defence. Nobody, but nobody, will ever replace Deftly Bling in the category of Most Hated Presenter for me, but that's just my opinion. However I do think it's interesting how the public and private personas apparently differ - or do they? What you're seeing on screen is just another side to what you see in real life, so I think there's eg a more pushy side to DF than there is to CH, just as CH has a more ingratiating side to her than DF. It depends on what sort of an all-round person you're attracted to, imho.

Deftly Bling?!! Am I being dense? (rhetorical question!)

Didn't mean to post that yet!
I like Catherine a lot (and def seen plenty of the opposite opinion expressed on this forum!)
I personally think you can tell from her presenting that she's a nice person off screen too... And wonder if that's why people are perhaps defensive or less harsh about her... Not that that should be the case of course! But with someone like Jill F, she give me the feeling that she's a real princess and self-absorbed in real life and I therefore feel more justified in critising her?! Naughty really bc she has feelings to be hurt like anyone else...

(Then again as I type this I have Craig on screen and I know he's a good guy but he's driving me potty already!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back