Diet TSV at the end of August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sally Mc that DEFO sounds like what Chuntley was talking about, because she had to correct Ali Young and say it is REAL food just in sachets, or words to that effect

Isn't that just table manners though? I'm pretty sure that was something I learned aged about 4, long before Paul McKenna! lol
(My granny used to say 'Put your fork down dear, you don't need to guard the food, nobody's coming to take it away.......'!)

She never ate at my Nana's then, obviously! Put your fork down to reach for something and your plate was whipped away, washed and put back in the cupboard before you had time to blink!

I found a brililant range of books called "Coastal New England" on Amazon - they feature real food - that is food you actually prepare and cook - and they are all low-fat, low-cal etc and above all very, very tasty. Each recipe has full nutritional information too and you don't really think about eating 'healthy' food - it's just food. Really nice! The books are American, so use cup measures, but they're pretty easy to get these days. Worth a look if anyone hates the idea of pouch food!

It has not had many good reviews reading Us site. i think its just best to eat your food as you normally do but just have small amounts, and include exercise, this to me is more healthy, you can then just have a treat now and then.

dazzler you are so right...common sense.
i lost 8 stones doing this i eat what i like but around a quater of my old portion size:wave and i go to the gym 3-4 times a week.took me nearly 3 years but i am so very happy! from a size 28 to a 14-16. even my shoe size is one size smaller. it will be interesting to see how faddy and stupid this diet is oh and expensive...lol

The veggie plan seems to get the best reviews, although when you look on Nutrisystem's own website you can check the ingredients and they are not what I would call veggie (unless you are not bothered about using vegetarian cheese). There are none suitable for vegans.

I like proper home cooked food myself, and pasta is so easy and cheap, I think SW 's plan is better than this.

i lost 8 stones doing this i eat what i like but around a quater of my old portion size:wave and i go to the gym 3-4 times a week.took me nearly 3 years but i am so very happy! from a size 28 to a 14-16. even my shoe size is one size smaller. it will be interesting to see how faddy and stupid this diet is oh and expensive...lol

Congratulations Boffy, that really is a excellent acheivement, you say it took nearly 3 years but its best for it to come off slow as it goes on slow that we don't notice. but it sounds like you did it correctly and the right healthy way, you will keep it off now as you have done things right IMHO. I thinhk you should treat yourself for doing so well. well done!!!

couldn't agree more! I know Paul McKenna is a source of ridicule for some, but that's pretty much what he advocates. Nothing is forbidden, just don't overeat or wait until you are so starving that you end up eating twice as much as you normally would. I follow his rules and have gradually lost 4 stone. Not super fast, but it's staying off. A bit of exercise has helped, too, but not at a gym for me. Cycling and walking helps me. Don't mean to sound like I have all the answers, but boffy is right-faddy diets don't work in the long term

I didn't realise it was the one that Marie Osmond lost weight on (didn't she replace someone representing it)???

http://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/home/index.jsp

The last "diet" thing I remember on QVC (apart from the banned Brite Bites) was the package of Atkins books they did.

And a few weeks later you could hardly fit inside the outlet shops, because of the masses of returns! :nod:

Considering the programme I saw last night on food fraud, I don't think I will eat anything I don't prepare again. Small portoins, healthy, home made!

Oh well done Boffy!:clapping: That's the way to do it - steady but sure.

I know a guy who tried to lose weight the wrong way - cutting out breakfast and lunch and drinking loads of those energy drinks. When he told me this I wanted to slap him.

He's now doing what you do - eating less and burning more calories through exercise.

Keep up the good work. You're a :star:

Well I've been on a QVC diet for a long time. Once I've spent out on Kipling, Ojon, Yankee Candles, Philosophy etc I simply have no money left to spend on food :tongue2:

thanks to you all for your kind words its much appreciated.
i did read paul mckenna but sent it back.... oops!!! obviously did work but its a slow plod weight loss. bit like being an alcoholic you have to be carefull for life.:wave2::sweat::pizza:

Totally agree. Started portion control around 3 months ago, combined with 3 x 30 mins walking per week-have lost around 1 pound per week.

Anyone interested in weight loss-might be worth researching portion distortion and portion sizes how they have increased over the years (even the plates have got bigger).

Last edited:
Anyone interested in weight loss-might be worth researching portion distortion and portion sizes how they have increased over the years (even the plates have got bigger).

Very true Tuxedokitty! One of the (many!) things I like to collect is old china & the dinner plates we are currently using seemed tiny at first, being barely 10" in diameter with a wide rim so the part where the food sits is only about 6" in diameter!
I would say we have cut our portions down by a good third since we started using them & I now would physically struggle to eat the old size portions, I just couldn't eat that much in one go anymore!
(The rule is - the food doesn't encroach onto the patterned rim!)
I feel much better for it too, as well as being a bit trimmer! lol

Latest posts

Back