Diet TSV at the end of August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thanks to you all for your kind words its much appreciated.
i did read paul mckenna but sent it back.... oops!!! obviously did work but its a slow plod weight loss. bit like being an alcoholic you have to be carefull for life.:wave2::sweat::pizza:
We put weight on gradually over a period of time but expect to lose it ina few weeks which is illogical. Slow and steady weight loss makes sense.

BTW I would have expected a diet TSV earlier in the late spring/early summer before the peak of the holiday season. I'm sure there must be a plan behind it though.

Whatever this diet is Catherine looks great in the black dress she is wearing for the Ojon show (1pm Sunday).

Interesting. So only £5+ a day so if they sell a month's supply at a time. Expensive. They have this idea in America pre pared meals you stick to. But stop and bang the weight flys back on in no time.

Yet another overpriced gimmicky product aimed at vulnerable people. I wish people would stop and think before thay are lulled into buying these type of products as it is so easy to mske these types of meals yourself at much less cost. It's time companies like QVC who are selling these expensive products were better regulated and that includes people like Paul McKenna etc. The best diet for me is to eat less and exercise more and use good fresh produce.

I wouldnt so much say it is a gimmick, I was thinking ages ago how much better my weight loss would be if I didn't have to buy or prepare food. Sometimes it is just so easy to get a takeaway when you are on your own.

I'm not being a very good fart because if I had the cash at the moment I'd probably go for it.

I'm sure you will lose weight on this plan but what happens when you stop? If you go back to what you were eating before then you will put weight on again. I know that's true with any diet but changing your eating habits using ordinary food must be a better idea for the long term.

I'm sure you will lose weight on this plan but what happens when you stop? If you go back to what you were eating before then you will put weight on again. I know that's true with any diet but changing your eating habits using ordinary food must be a better idea for the long term.

Agreed, but the idea is about this kind of thing is that your whole appetite changes - you get used to smaller portions, less fats and sugar and that you wont like the foods that you used to eat. I've always found that when I've cut out all sweets for example, when I have any sweets they make me feel sick rather than give me enjoyment.

Bit of a tangent .

I am very overweight and desperate to shed a few stones and until recently I would have jumped at any slimming regime that QVC offered.

3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and told that my eating habits have to change. It was a big kick up the a&se. First thing I did was to weigh my "normal" portion of breakfast cereal, and to my horror it was 3 times more than the portion size recommended on the cereal box ! I cut down immediately and guess what - no hunger pangs, I really could not go back to my triple-serving.

I've got no choice now but to lose weight sensibly, or I could damage my health for life. There's no greater incentive unfortunately. I actually feel very positive and "up for it". Wish me luck.

Linda :cake::devil:

Bit of a tangent .

I am very overweight and desperate to shed a few stones and until recently I would have jumped at any slimming regime that QVC offered.

3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and told that my eating habits have to change. It was a big kick up the a&se. First thing I did was to weigh my "normal" portion of breakfast cereal, and to my horror it was 3 times more than the portion size recommended on the cereal box ! I cut down immediately and guess what - no hunger pangs, I really could not go back to my triple-serving.

I've got no choice now but to lose weight sensibly, or I could damage my health for life. There's no greater incentive unfortunately. I actually feel very positive and "up for it". Wish me luck.

Linda, I wish you all the luck in the world. I'm in a high stroke and diabetes risk category and am shedding the punds via slimming world.

Agreed, but the idea is about this kind of thing is that your whole appetite changes - you get used to smaller portions, less fats and sugar and that you wont like the foods that you used to eat. I've always found that when I've cut out all sweets for example, when I have any sweets they make me feel sick rather than give me enjoyment.
But surely you can do this by following a diet using "normal" food.

Bit of a tangent .

Same thing happened to me back in June. I was told I have type two diabetes. Out went the crap, I was told yes I could still have a treat now and then like once a week. Mine is Indian curry Birani(sp) so no sauce. I have lost a stone so far. But you would be amazed at the stuff labeled low fat which is really high in sugar content. Its really about thinking before you eat or buy something.

Good luck Linda.

Perhaps I am of this opinion because I do not have a weight problem, but it annoys me how these weight loss programmes play on people's emotional insecurities to convince them that 'the next big thing' will help them shed the pounds.
One surefire way to lose weight, if you are female, is to allow yourself 1,000 calories a day, eating whatever you want as long as you don't exceed it. A man could obviously follow the same ritual, but lessen his calorie intake to approx 1,750.
One cannot use these diet systems for a limited period of time, then revert to eating 'normally' and expect to maintain the weight loss. The manufacturer of these products intend to make people reliant upon their system and, as a consequence, continual repeat customers.

I'll be interested to see how the price on QVC will compare to buying direct.

I was lucky enough to win a weeks worth of "gourmet" diet meals delivered to my door last year (not this company).

I think if I was living alone and pressed for time, I would be tempted to use a service like this (if I could afford it) regardless of whether I wanted to lose weight.

The variety of foods was impressive, included lots of pulses, veggie, fish options and unusual veggie choices.........MUCH more varied than I would chose if I was shopping and cooking just for myself.

I also think that a stint on these sorts of products can be a great visual aid to the sort of portions we should be eating.

The portions *I* dish up and that appear "normal" to me, are FAR larger than the recommnded amounts (British Heart Foundation do a great free booklet that lists "a portion" of various foods).

Actually SEEING a "proper" amount on the plate, might help encourage people to try eating smaller servings.......

That's my aim these days - eat a bit of anything I want........"a bit" being the important part! :cheeky:

Looking at the website, sadly I think Diet Chef is a lot less GOURMET than my lovely prize was!

One surefire way to lose weight, if you are female, is to allow yourself 1,000 calories a day, eating whatever you want as long as you don't exceed it.

Three bars of chocolate then :tongue2:

Any sound diet plan would not put you on only 1000cals per day.

Looking at the ingredients the soup seems to be fairly ok with no artificial nasties in, as I would have thought that this pre packed meal plan was horrible

Parsnip Soup

Ingredients: Water, Parsnip (32%), Single Cream, Onion, Honey (2%), Vegetable Stock (leek, onion, carrot, salt, pepper), Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Black Pepper.

Linda, I wish you all the luck in the world. I'm in a high stroke and diabetes risk category and am shedding the punds via slimming world.

Hi Linda and Suzywoozy.
I also have been just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and have a fair bit of weight to lose. I have enrolled at Slimming World too - Let's hope we all manage to achieve our goal - which is managing our weight loss sensibly to benefit our health, via healthy foods that we enjoy. Good Luck girls !
Love Joy xxx
PS.Have also started daily swimming sessions again for the first time in years - may not be fit but wow, I am SO clean!!! LOL! x

So they reckon you can lose a stone in one month on this diet according to the website. That would be me sorted I have a sticky half a stone that goes up and down, but if I lost a stone then there is a few pounds to play with!! LOL

Same thing happened to me back in June. I was told I have type two diabetes. Out went the crap, I was told yes I could still have a treat now and then like once a week. Mine is Indian curry Birani(sp) so no sauce. I have lost a stone so far. But you would be amazed at the stuff labeled low fat which is really high in sugar content. Its really about thinking before you eat or buy something.

Good luck Linda.

You are absolutely right about the low fat / high sugar thing. I've now become an obsessive reader of labels and boy the stuff they feed us, half of which I can't even pronounce, even in so-called Healthy food ranges, is shocking.

Do you mind me asking if you are taking medication for your diabetes ? (I'm on Metformin ), and also have you been advised to use one of those blood sugar monitoring gadgets ?

Linda

Actually SEEING a "proper" amount on the plate, might help encourage people to try eating smaller servings.......

!

so is a full packet of fish fingers and 4 slices of mothers pride with lurpak not a proper portion then? maybe thats where i'm going wrong! :headbang:

seriously, when i was smuch younger - about 20 - i lost 6 stones in 6 months by sticking to 1000 calories per day and doing a very small amount of exercise (ie jumping around to disco tunes in my bedroom - my mum feared for the lounge ceiling on several occasions).

calorie counting works.

Another Slimming World devote here. I have lost 16lbs in about 12 weeks. Slowly and steadily eating healthy meals and never feeling hungry. It is an eating plan for life and really works - only another 2 stone to go, but as long as it is coming off I dont care how long it takes. If you really want to lose weight, join up and don't spend your money on unsustainable faddy diets.

Latest posts

Back