reviews not always going on website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

medusa

Registered Shopper
Has anyone else had the issue where they have written a product review and it never gets posted?

I tried to leave a review (negative) for a product and even though I submitted it 4 times its never appeared. All my positive ones have.

The review wasn't nasty just stated why I didnt like the particular product

I wrote a review for a ring many months ago which was slightly less than full of praise but by no means critical or derogatory in any way - I simply stated that although it was nice it was too over the top and didn't suit me. It never got published on the website.

A couple of reviews I submitted a few months ago never appeared both were not full of praise but, not critical or offensive, all my positive reviews have appeared.

I know Chuntley mentioned the other day that they don't put up reviews if they're just purely negative, she said they have to be constructive criticism! Which would seem to defeat the purpose for me, if you don't like it you don't like it, I don't see why you have to be constructive about it. Plus it surely gives them leeway to ignore any review that isn't construed as constructive?

tut.

all mine have been posted even the stinkers like this one

nice kit...too dear....wrong description

"I bought this kit last year....It would have been be okay, not marvellous, if the kit had what the description lists but there are no stickers in it. I mentioned this at the time of purchase (returned the kit) and the helpful CS person confirmed that her description did not include stickers, however the web description did and still does. The ATC back plaques look like a cheap photocopy and they arrived creased because of poor packaging."

I did once and it was not rude or nasty but it never appeared. I just stated the product did not live up to the description. I think it might have been a bracelet or something like that, can't remember to be honest. Lets put it this way I did not lose sleep over it.

I've writtren negative reviews and some have appeared,some haven't.Generally,I've been led to believe if you comment on the price or question the presenters or mention the MBG,it won't show.

I have had reviews disappear into thin air.

They were on the website for days or even weeks - and then they vanished.

I assume the manufacturer of the products read them, found them to damaging, and had them pulled. They all contained positive information about textures or smells plus comments about the product containing PEGs, silicones, mineral oils and perfume.

Not to worry though, because I kept copies, and I posted them on every beauty blog and review site I could find. :D

I submitted one ages ago about a Gatineau kit wherein I stated that the Floracil did not induce the wow factor that the presenters and Andrew Bagley had led me to believe it would. It took a while but it did get published on there. Mind you this was ages ago.

I have had reviews disappear into thin air.

They were on the website for days or even weeks - and then they vanished.

I assume the manufacturer of the products read them, found them to damaging, and had them pulled. They all contained positive information about textures or smells plus comments about the product containing PEGs, silicones, mineral oils and perfume.

Not to worry though, because I kept copies, and I posted them on every beauty blog and review site I could find. :D

Good for you, I would've done the same thing. :clapping:

I know Chuntley mentioned the other day that they don't put up reviews if they're just purely negative, she said they have to be constructive criticism! Which would seem to defeat the purpose for me, if you don't like it you don't like it, I don't see why you have to be constructive about it. Plus it surely gives them leeway to ignore any review that isn't construed as constructive?

tut.

I've heard her say that in the past, too. They may as well not offer the service if that's their standing point - not everything is perfect and wonderful, and if we're not allowed to say as such then no wonder some people are getting hauled over the coals for returning too many proucts.

I've heard her say that in the past, too. They may as well not offer the service if that's their standing point - not everything is perfect and wonderful, and if we're not allowed to say as such then no wonder some people are getting hauled over the coals for returning too many proucts.

I thought my info about chemicals that many people want to avoid would actually save QVC some returns because if a QVC customer who wanted to avoid certain chemicals read my review saying that the product contains mineral oil and perfume, or silicones, PEGs and parabens, or citral (which many people are allergic to) they would know not to order that product and order something else instead.

It would not mean a lost sale, it would mean a pointless waste of time return averted.

How many customers are put off ordering again because it cost them £8 in postage just to read the ingredients list and see instantly that the product was not suitable? Mightn't they get annoyed that the info hadn't been available online and seek to punish QVC by not ordering again?

With QVC Beauty TSVs being over £39 often these days the only really safe way to send one back is by Special Delivery which is quite pricey.

I really wish they would put the ingredients list online instead.

I have also had a few reviews available for a few days after posting, then they went missing.

I put it down to Big Brother's monitoring system.

I thought my info about chemicals that many people want to avoid would actually save QVC some returns because if a QVC customer who wanted to avoid certain chemicals read my review saying that the product contains mineral oil and perfume, or silicones, PEGs and parabens, or citral (which many people are allergic to) they would know not to order that product and order something else instead.

It would not mean a lost sale, it would mean a pointless waste of time return averted.

How many customers are put off ordering again because it cost them £8 in postage just to read the ingredients list and see instantly that the product was not suitable? Mightn't they get annoyed that the info hadn't been available online and seek to punish QVC by not ordering again?

With QVC Beauty TSVs being over £39 often these days the only really safe way to send one back is by Special Delivery which is quite pricey.

I really wish they would put the ingredients list online instead.

:clapping::up2: That is so completely true. Nobody loses anything that way, and some people could actually gain a lot - in your example of beauty products containing certain things, we need to know this, people have allergies and if we aren't being told the whole truth as to what's in it - either by QVC themselves being just a little bit more specific with their product information or by a customer trying to give their honest and decent opinion - then some poor person could end up with quite a few problems. I know I'd rather have all the information possible to hand before deciding to buy rather than just taking a chance and setting myself up for a fall, all because QVC don't want a bad word said - if I know something's not for me then like you say I can then go on to find an alternative which is - it wouldn't mean I just don't buy full-stop.

I set out to type a review of the hideous Centigrade coat I sent back a few weeks ago but my fingers nearly caught fire as I searched for the words to describe it without descending into total abuse..........still keep thinking I ought to do it as they had a nerve to sell the ****** horrible rag, I take the coward's way out and keep looking to see if anyone else had slagged it off or if they are delighted with it!

tut.

If it's not contructive then it's not a review - just a moan.

Alan

If it's not contructive then it's not a review - just a moan.

Alan

I'm not sure I agree with that hon. If something was a miss-sold pile of poo that's not fit for purpose then it's hard to find a positive!

Maybe we should add "but thanks to QVC's brilliant 30 Day Money Back Guarantee it only cost me £8 to find that out" to all of our negative reviews?

Would that count as constructive? :D

There are certainly some stinkers reviewing the last Kim & co TSV-describing it as a bri-nylon nightie.
Personally I had one review disappear regarding Lola Rose necklace that I had received in a second hand condition and how I had contacted the company directly for a new pouch and box.

Latest posts

Back