Staff Leaving Public Announcements

• Thread starter Deleted member 21838
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 21838

Guest Shopper
Both the main shopping channels do it, and fairly regularly. And I can’t quite see why?

Happened again this morning on QVC. The shot changed to behind the scenes, and the presenter began to gush that some bloke who works the camera called Mark is leaving. Well, with the greatest of respect to Mark, I never knew he was there to leave, have never seen him before, and I doubt will ever see him again - as on mainstream live TV they don’t usually wheel the tea lady out on a live broadcast to say she is leaving today. On Ideal World the other day, they dragged out some fellow from Bulgaria who was a floor type assistant and told us he was leaving, even though he wasn’t actually leaving that show. In fact, it was just his last live show with that particular presenter. Great. Fantastic. Marvellous.

Yes, if it is a presenter or an expert leaving, do please stop the broadcast and announce it to us all, because it means at least something. But for out of camera shot staff why not just keep it in-house like most other walks of life do when a staff member leaves? Still, I suppose promoting a family ethos sells goods to some.

Both the main shopping channels do it, and fairly regularly. And I can’t quite see why?

Happened again this morning on QVC. The shot changed to behind the scenes, and the presenter began to gush that some bloke who works the camera called Mark is leaving. Well, with the greatest of respect to Mark, I never knew he was there to leave, have never seen him before, and I doubt will ever see him again - as on mainstream live TV they don’t usually wheel the tea lady out on a live broadcast to say she is leaving today. On Ideal World the other day, they dragged out some fellow from Bulgaria who was a floor type assistant and told us he was leaving, even though he wasn’t actually leaving that show. In fact, it was just his last live show with that particular presenter. Great. Fantastic. Marvellous.

Yes, if it is a presenter or an expert leaving, do please stop the broadcast and announce it to us all, because it means at least something. But for out of camera shot staff why not just keep it in-house like most other walks of life do when a staff member leaves? Still, I suppose promoting a family ethos sells goods to some.
Yes. We Are Family!

Currently announcing the entire team on the IW Friday Fashion Parade..The Irish lady with the name you would be foolish trying to pronounce and married to the man with the name you would be equally so trying to spell, is name checking,. Emma (Royds] the producer..Hugh (Jelliphant) the director, Lou (Salsatian) the cleaner, Dai (O’rhear) the back up cleaner..and so on..Still, hearing a list of names I have no need to know, makes an interesting change from looking at frocks that would carry 200 pounds of King Edwards quite stylishly via some rope tied in the middle. I don’t remember Whatters calling the register for the entire building when he fronted this show.

I'm with the D of C on this. Its like having a mobile shoved in front of you showing pics of other peoples grandkids, or holiday snaps. Not interested, so don't assume I am.
The women who send their pictures in wearing Ruth Langsford's clothes usually (always) look dreadful. They think they look good and that we want to see them. Better to leave it to the QVC models.

Currently announcing the entire team on the IW Friday Fashion Parade..The Irish lady with the name you would be foolish trying to pronounce and married to the man with the name you would be equally so trying to spell, is name checking,. Emma (Royds] the producer..Hugh (Jelliphant) the director, Lou (Salsatian) the cleaner, Dai (O’rhear) the back up cleaner..and so on..Still, hearing a list of names I have no need to know, makes an interesting change from looking at frocks that would carry 200 pounds of King Edwards quite stylishly via some rope tied in the middle. I don’t remember Whatters calling the register for the entire building when he fronted this show.
It’s quite early and I am slightly (a lot) hungover from a xmas night out last night but just for a minute reading this I thought “ooh, Hugh Jelliphant’s an unusual name….”

Latest posts

Back