Are we all ready for...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have quite a bit of Kim and Co!!! I didn't see the "audience" but I would have loved to, I bet it was a hoot. I may get to see this evening's show.

Me too ! The last item shown, the crossover top with buckle, is beautiful. I wore it yesterday and I've had so many compliments on it
I thought the whole show from start to finish was cringe-making and Kim herself makes me want to scream at her most of the time. As for Glen!!!
However, I don't agree that the clothes are overpriced tat. I still wear her stuff from 12 years ago and it looks as good as the day I bought it.You don't get that with clothes from a market stall. The waistbands stay flat, no matter how many times they are washed, it's not hot and sweaty either and it's all beautifully made.
I think it is amazingly cheap for the quality.
It didn't help that some of the "audience" looked awful in the clothes, especially some of the ghastly prints but, if they feel good in them, that's the main thing, I guess. I certainly love mine

Can ANYONE please tell me why KIM can NEVER EVER EVER answer a question she is asked ??? JR yesterday asked her to bring more petite sizes into her collections - what does the woman do - she answers in gobbledegook, ranting withoutdrawing breath about waist sizes and colours, strokey strokey. stretchy stretchy. She would make a great politician, she never answers in YES or NO

She never manages to use proper sentences either, she just comes out with lots of phrases.

Oh my goodness, I can't stand listening to Kim on the TV, no way could I contemplate listening to her in person!!! :eek:

Oh my goodness, I can't stand listening to Kim on the TV, no way could I contemplate listening to her in person!!! :eek:

What I don't get is that so many peeps on this forum who don't like Kim or her clothes still watch her shows. Why?

Me too ! The last item shown, the crossover top with buckle, is beautiful. I wore it yesterday and I've had so many compliments on it
I thought the whole show from start to finish was cringe-making and Kim herself makes me want to scream at her most of the time. As for Glen!!!
However, I don't agree that the clothes are overpriced tat. I still wear her stuff from 12 years ago and it looks as good as the day I bought it.You don't get that with clothes from a market stall. The waistbands stay flat, no matter how many times they are washed, it's not hot and sweaty either and it's all beautifully made.
I think it is amazingly cheap for the quality.
It didn't help that some of the "audience" looked awful in the clothes, especially some of the ghastly prints but, if they feel good in them, that's the main thing, I guess. I certainly love mine

Thank you for your post Artemis! I bet that top looks great on you, I like the wrap styles too. I wanted the Marilyn top BUT as I have ordered the Cleopartra dress (in black) and Loveheart is onto me, I refrained. I have that same dress in black and white and, even though I say so myself, it looks pretty good! I don't find the material clingy, nor does it give me an electric shock and though I do avoid the majority of the patterns and the brighter colours, I find the basic, darker and neutral colours very useful and wearable. I watched a bit of the show (from the video section of the website) and it was a bit on the embarassing side. Kim is a bit hysterical and does tend to repeat herself and Debbie was wearing a particularly mismatched outfit I thought. Still, to each his own!

:
Thank you for your post Artemis! I bet that top looks great on you, I like the wrap styles too. I wanted the Marilyn top BUT as I have ordered the Cleopartra dress (in black) and Loveheart is onto me, I refrained. I have that same dress in black and white and, even though I say so myself, it looks pretty good! I don't find the material clingy, nor does it give me an electric shock and though I do avoid the majority of the patterns and the brighter colours, I find the basic, darker and neutral colours very useful and wearable. I watched a bit of the show (from the video section of the website) and it was a bit on the embarassing side. Kim is a bit hysterical and does tend to repeat herself and Debbie was wearing a particularly mismatched outfit I thought. Still, to each his own!

:wave2::wave2::hi:

:

:wave2::wave2::hi:

:hi: I got it direct from Canada, Loveheart, so I'm not sure that it comes under the F.A.R.T.ing umbrella.........:blush:Given the exchange rate, much cheaper than QVC.....

Ooops, just realised you weren't talking to me, anyway........

I've not ordered any of Kim's clothes but from what I've seen, many of them are simple patterns in polyester (a cheap fabric to buy) that don't have zips, buttons, pleats, darts etc and that is my problem with her stuff. I think they are pretty expensive for mass produced items. I was sewing more complex patterns when I was 13 and no way do these clothes cost that much to put together. If she was charging about £15-20 then fair play but my jaw drops when a simple elasticated skirt is going for £40 :wonder2:

the model Joy stated she was wearing a size medium...I am depressed now, I wear XL in kim& co and I don't feel I look as big as Joy......'reaches for another choccie':sad: And nasty of me to say...but most of those ladies looked a bit frumpy. IMHO.

Last edited:
an outfit plus postage would cost around £95 it should last to be honest..

however a friend of mine did not tell me she loved qvc and looked really amazing on a night out. she was head to toe in kim and co.
the leopard print with some black.

some of it does look tempting but i know that i can get much better quality and designs in m&s and for as little as £3 in the sales with no postage costs.

the model Joy stated she was wearing a size medium...I am depressed now, I wear XL in kim& co and I don't feel I look as big as Joy......'reaches for another choccie':sad:

Awwww, don't be depressed. She was only wearing medium in the trousers. I can wear Small in her trousers but wear Large in everything else - and she was very well corseted, too..* gently removes chocolates *

an outfit plus postage would cost around £95 it should last to be honest..

however a friend of mine did not tell me she loved qvc and looked really amazing on a night out. she was head to toe in kim and co.
the leopard print with some black.

some of it does look tempting but i know that i can get much better quality and designs in m&s and for as little as £3 in the sales with no postage costs.

We have M&S, but it doesn't carry the range of the stuff of the U.K. We get a "taster" and when it's gone, it's gone....

Awwww, don't be depressed. She was only wearing medium in the trousers. I can wear Small in her trousers but wear Large in everything else - and she was very well corseted, too..* gently removes chocolates *

...I did hear one of the models say that when they (the models)do the Kim & Co shows, they HAVE to wear the slim & lift type underwear.........so eat chocolates, and enjoy.........

I have never bought anything from Kim & Co, as for my pocket they are too expensive, and the dresses & skirts always look so long, even on the tall models......

That's odd - just now Joy said she was wearing the XL in one of the outfits - think it was trousers and a top:thinking2:.

Joking aside, it was nice to see 'proper' people wearing Kim's clothes rather than the presenters and beautiful Amazonian models for a change. Some of the women looked really nice and tbh I would never have said it was Kim and Co had they not been there. They should do this kind of thing more often - bringing customers who actually wear the clothes in to the studio, gives us a real opportunity to see what they really look like on normal, ordinary bodies!

We have M&S, but it doesn't carry the range of the stuff of the U.K. We get a "taster" and when it's gone, it's gone....

joy looks incredibly small in real life around a size14 no more than that tbh....
she looks lots bigger on the tv lol

well, I have to admit...................that I have some of Kim & Co items .........and I really like them. I have been selective with style and colours and only buy tops but they are comfy and smart for work and wash well. I have bought most in the sale as I agree, they are expensive otherwise.

That's odd - just now Joy said she was wearing the XL in one of the outfits - think it was trousers and a top:thinking2:.

Joking aside, it was nice to see 'proper' people wearing Kim's clothes rather than the presenters and beautiful Amazonian models for a change. Some of the women looked really nice and tbh I would never have said it was Kim and Co had they not been there. They should do this kind of thing more often - bringing customers who actually wear the clothes in to the studio, gives us a real opportunity to see what they really look like on normal, ordinary bodies!

A few months ago QVC sent out a questionare asking who we would like to see wearing and modelling their clothes,..and apparently they had an overwhelming response stating that a huge percentage had answered that they wanted to see ordinary women of all sorts of shapes and sizes,...so seems like they are trying to please their customers, if only by starting with 'an audience'......

A few months ago QVC sent out a questionare asking who we would like to see wearing and modelling their clothes,..and apparently they had an overwhelming response stating that a huge percentage had answered that they wanted to see ordinary women of all sorts of shapes and sizes,...so seems like they are trying to please their customers, if only by starting with 'an audience'......

Ah, thanks for that! It really would make such a big difference...

Latest posts

Back