Stacey and YBF on Ideal World

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

soots40

Registered Shopper
I happened to be flicking channels this morning and noticed Ideal World had an hour at 11.00 of YBF Cosmetics. I watched part of it. Stacey looked SO uncomfortable and almost nervous compared to her bright breezy personality we all loved when she used to be on QVC. I know there have been posts about Models Prefer not at QVC any more but somehow it seemed such a come down for her to be on there. I always loved her personality, she just has lost her sparkle. I wondered what happened to make her leave QVC ?

Last night at the launch Stacey had to stand up and walk around the table to present the products - she couldn't see them !!. Sorry I didn't think the usual format worked on Ideal World (even though the Pick Of The Day was something I have purchased a couple of times from QVC previously, and would re-purchase but NOT at the very high POtD price).

I liked stacey and liked her models prefer stuff.I know everyone at qvc insisted her ybf range was the same but in name - I didn't agree,and didn't like it.I would have however continued to purchase her eye liners and a certain lipgloss if she had carried on making it.

however as much as I do like her,I will not be following her to IW.seems strange to say when I watch qvc - but just cannot stand the place.

I happened to be flicking channels this morning and noticed Ideal World had an hour at 11.00 of YBF Cosmetics. I watched part of it. Stacey looked SO uncomfortable and almost nervous compared to her bright breezy personality we all loved when she used to be on QVC. I know there have been posts about Models Prefer not at QVC any more but somehow it seemed such a come down for her to be on there. I always loved her personality, she just has lost her sparkle. I wondered what happened to make her leave QVC ?

I agree, Stacey just didn't look like her old self, imo she looked so much older.

Do you think that her confidence has been dented? I lot of the reviews for ybf on QVC were not very good.

stacey and ideal world

I love here eye liners but will not buy from IW after the hard sell I got this morning when I tried to order quite a nice card kit by Do Crafts that was on Flexi Pay.I asked up front if this was on F.Pay and was told it was.They then wanted me to take part in some bingo thing and then said I could not pay on my debit card if i wanted F.Pay!!!!!!But I could pay all in one go!
If I wanted a bingo card I would go to a bingo hall and I don't want to pay a £1 a month to be put into some stupid draw.Needless to say I scrapped the order there and then.We may moan about QVC sometimes but at least we get what WE want,not all the extra rubbish they want us to have.There ends the rant!!!!!

I agree, Stacey just didn't look like her old self, imo she looked so much older.

I don't think the lighting on Ideal World helps - everything always looks so orangey! I've never understood why they go for such garish looking sets either - it doesn't really compete with QVC, now does it?

I don't think the lighting on Ideal World helps - everything always looks so orangey! I've never understood why they go for such garish looking sets either - it doesn't really compete with QVC, now does it?

How strange, I just remarked earlier on the IW board that Stacey seemed more like her old self: how she used to be on QVC 2 or 3 years ago before the rift with Q US. I really enjoyed the show this afternoon with Dennice.

Jude xx

How strange, I just remarked earlier on the IW board that Stacey seemed more like her old self: how she used to be on QVC 2 or 3 years ago before the rift with Q US. I really enjoyed the show this afternoon with Dennice.

Jude xx

I did think they all looked very orange though. On the plus side, no doubt Stacey was actually pleased not to literally have to compete with Ali Young for you.

Dammit, I missed it the show. Not that I intended to buy anything, but just wanted to see how the range translated to another channel. Plus I've always enjoyed watching Stacey and I think it's a real shame that QVCuk seem to have dropped her.

I think when she was on first off with Debbie was it? I don't think they really clicked. However, when she was on with the other lady (sorry I don't watch IW so don't know the names) she was laughing and giggling like she always used to on QVC.

I really hope that it works out for Stacey and maybe re-launching on a new channel may make a difference as not everyone will be aware of the previous Models Prefer range.

Well I ordered the eyebrow pencils 2 weeks ago from ideal world.Still not got them but they took the money in 3 days!
Not impressed.:wonder:

I'm a bit gutted I missed Stacey on IW, would have been interested to see how she got on - have never watched the channel before though, do they let people call or text in like on QVC?

I was also thinking of ordering the eyebrow pencils but really really can't be @rsed signing up with another shopping channel (especially one with a not-so-great reputation!) just to get blimmin eyebrow pencils! So have gone for a Mally kit off QVC instead. If that's no good I'll get the YBF ones off fleabay - sounds like it would be quicker and more reliable than IW from what people here have said.....:thinking:

I'm not bothered what channel she is on I love her products, especially the concealer and yellow powder. Personaly I bought loads of things over the years from IW and never had any problems, but it only takes one to put you off.

i watched a couple of staceys shows on IW. i'm afraid i still find the look and feel of the station is cheap and nasty. the presenters i saw, someone called ellis and someone called denice made debbie flint look chic and sophisticated.
it was hideous.
stacey must be gutted.

Well I ordered the eyebrow pencils 2 weeks ago from ideal world.Still not got them but they took the money in 3 days!
Not impressed.:wonder:

You could be in for a very long wait, they've been nothing but absolutely terrible with delivery (and customer services) any time I've ever made the mistake of ordering from them :headbang:

i watched a couple of staceys shows on IW. i'm afraid i still find the look and feel of the station is cheap and nasty. the presenters i saw, someone called ellis and someone called denice made debbie flint look chic and sophisticated.
it was hideous.
stacey must be gutted.

The lighting for most of the shows was just awful, it made all the models and Stacey look so orange. Stacey actually looked better in her before shots such was the harshness of it. Dennice looked great without her make up on, tho. Stacey's eyes looked mega bloodshot too.

It's a shame, she's such a great, bubbly person but something in me says this move to IW won't last. I hope I'm proved wrong, and that she makes a success of it there, tho.:hi:

it was hideous.
stacey must be gutted.

LOL at that. Stacey seems to classy for hard sell unfriendly ideal world. I couldn't watch a whole hour of her presentation as it seemed so weired seeing her there. Also the £4.99 p&p is outrageous!

I'm not bothered what channel she is on I love her products, especially the concealer and yellow powder. Personaly I bought loads of things over the years from IW and never had any problems, but it only takes one to put you off.

on the qvc website they have 8 items of ybf, one being the yellow powder, and free P & P

Latest posts

Back