Glenn in Clarks hour last night

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pickles

Registered Shopper
He had come as a sailor, i think, with bright red shoes. Can this ever be right on a man?
Maybe he was auditioning for the part of Dorothy?!:wink::wink:

my thoughts exactly. He didn't look "on trend", he just looked ridiculous.

He sounded ridiculous too - speeding through his words so I could hardly understand him, using the same phrases over and over (on trend, city shorts, fashion forward etc, coming through, a nod to fashion). He really is a charicature (sp ?) of a rather camp "lovely" :muscle: from the fashion/media world.

As I always say about all guests and presenters, he is probably a very nice man but his presenting style leaves a lot to be desired.

Why on earth should anyone take fashion advice from a prat dressed like that? they should ditch him and fast he is a joke. I thought he was going to a fancy dress do or maybe No 10 again.

He does talk a load of drivel,doesn't he?! I don't know how they keep a straight face when they are presenting with him. He does always look a mess-I saw him wearing those red shoes (no socks of course) a few times when he was covering for guests detained by the volcano ash cloud and thought 'what the?' Lets face it. you are never going to get anything fashionable off QVC . However I do have 2 very nice Tiana B dresses which are very flattering (always get complements when I where them) have had 2 excellent pairs of Boots and have one casual &co top that I have had so many people ask where I got it. It is what it is-aimed mainly at a 'certain' age group and perhaps Glen is as bored as the rest of us! I do feel QVC needs a total revamp, but I suppose with their sales being so high they really don't see the need.

Maybe in the 80s. :smile:

Oh dear - I hope he doesn't start visiting the old Miami Vice fluoro vests with white trousers and jackets! Oh and don't forget the espadrilles! My teenage years were completely tainted with nice looking lads in that gettup!!

Oh dear - I hope he doesn't start visiting the old Miami Vice fluoro vests with white trousers and jackets! Oh and don't forget the espadrilles! My teenage years were completely tainted with nice looking lads in that gettup!!

Oh, I so hope he does. I love threads about Glen and the more he gives us to talk about the better. Personally, I'd like to see him in a frilly shirt! :emo:

I can't stand Glen, but had to watch last night because he is so funny with the same old rubbish they may as well just play a tape with all his long list of waffle. He stands next to the models and they are smiling away, I often wonder if they are just trying not to laugh.

I would expect him to wear a variety of outfits, surely as a fashion expert he must have loads of clothes, but all he ever seems to wear is that stupid rolled up jean (assume singular is correct as in trouser) and that little red shoe (ditto).

I agree I think he should have more than one look too as he should show how versatile and expert he is. He isn't very adventurous is he?

And to think that we're all paying or this load of twaddle...from someone who has NO dress sense, and worse still - NO qualifications in the fashion industry.

I used to buy a lot of QVC fashion, but when Glen the sailor man is on, I'm off.

I agree that he really talks a lot of rubbish and I for one would love to see his fashion credits.

The irish lady, Genevieve has been on few times and she gives good advice, seems to know her fashion inside out and always looks lovely.

From a lady of a certain age who will give city shorts a miss even if they are on trend and fashion forward.

I wonder if Glen's having a nervous breakdown: might explain the mad clothes ("clothe"?!?) and the really weird speedy spiel.

Like the clothing he presents he is over the hill as far as fashion is concerned, I just wish he was far away.

I just laugh and laugh at him, City shorts, oh spare me, I live in a city and have yet to spot any woman wearing these(ha nearly typed "wetting these") you would look a total prat, but then in Glen's world looking a prat is doubtless "on trend" given the stuff he appears in. Wonder what Gen's hourly rate is for spouting meaningless drivel?

Glen’s been rocking the sailor, and red <s>slippers</s> shoes look, for at least 8 ‘seasons’ now. Surely that means he’s out of fashion by his own standards.:emo::tongue::giggle::wave:

Sorry Glen.:sun:

Glen’s been rocking the sailor, and red <s>slippers</s> shoes look, for at least 8 ‘seasons’ now. Surely that means he’s out of fashion by his own standards.:emo::tongue::giggle::wave:

Sorry Glen.:sun:

but probably the height of fashion down Canal Street :mysmilie_850:

Latest posts

Back