Gatineau Throat Gel Shocker!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

..many medical professionals have actually mentioned that this should not be used by pregnant women! Now that is worrying
If you look at the accolades on the Bio-Oil site there are many awards that specifically mention pregnancy/stretch marks and it is recommended by many midwives and health journals so I don't think the manufacturer of this product could state it is safe to use in pregnancy if it wasn't as they would leave themselves open to litigagtion if it proved to be harmful. However, pregnancy and stretch marks aren't an issue for me but what is worrying to me is the conflicting advice given out by the medical profession over all sorts of issues.

If you look at the accolades on the Bio-Oil site there are many awards that specifically mention pregnancy/stretch marks and it is recommended by many midwives and health journals so I don't think the manufacturer of this product could state it is safe to use in pregnancy if it wasn't as they would leave themselves open to litigagtion if it proved to be harmful. However, pregnancy and stretch marks aren't an issue for me but what is worrying to me is the conflicting advice given out by the medical profession over all sorts of issues.

Worrying & confusing PPC, how are us ordinary folk supposed to know what's what if the so called health professionals can't even come to a combined single opinion?

The only reason I could see for not using Bio-Oil during pregnancy is the inclusion of certain natural oils, e.g. rosemary & chamomile for example, both of which are (& this is a new word for me, I knew of the existence of what it is, just not that there was an actual name for it! lol), an emmenagogue, though I imagine to cause something awful like a miscarriage you would have to ingest a fair few handfuls of chamomile or whatever, not just slap on a bit of oil containing a few weeny drops of it?

Andrew said that he'd had several customers ask why the throat gel has been taken off the beauty passport. When asked why he replied by saying that it had been on there too long and had been replaced by something newer. Bit of a feeble excuse, if you ask me, and certainly no mention that it was being reformulated. Added to the 2 for 1 selling tactic and we can see this is exactly like the Melatowatsit and Age Benefit. I have no faith in Gatineau at all anymore. I'd much rather be told hard truth rather than comforting lie. I suppose they think that if we knew the truth then they wouldn't shift the mountains of old stock they still have. I've been caught twice like this now but never again. I still have unopened pots of the older versions that were sold on "BOGOF" on the basis that Andrew really had to bargain hard to get that offer. Sure. I know I can still use them but it doesn't seem the same knowing that this is now the second class bean.

the problem is to identify which health professionals are the ones who have recommended this - or whichever - product, as all you have to do as an organisation is to get anyone to say"yes, its great for...." and you have a medical endorsement for the product. Bio oil contains BHZ, a substitued for Toluene, and according to the National Library of Medicine is considered to be a "known immune system toxin, it also has amyl cinnamal which is actually an alcohol and should really be labeled as such, again this has been implicated as an immune toxin. Furthermore Bio oil has benzyl salycilate in it, as a UV absorber, and that is def not to be used by pregnant women - so make up your own mind on that one
It also as Limenene in it, which is known as a sensitizer for people, and the use is restiricte in many countries, and there are other things, I will not bother to go into. I am always skeptical of these things, and check them out, but will stress that if it suits you and you like it, go for it as you can be hit by a bus tomorrow, so WTH anyway. There has just been a study to see how it works on strech marks and it was not found to be all that usefull on strech marks, bt nice for skin conditioning

Worrying & confusing PPC, how are us ordinary folk supposed to know what's what if the so called health professionals can't even come to a combined single opinion?

The only reason I could see for not using Bio-Oil during pregnancy is the inclusion of certain natural oils, e.g. rosemary & chamomile for example, both of which are (& this is a new word for me, I knew of the existence of what it is, just not that there was an actual name for it! lol), an emmenagogue, though I imagine to cause something awful like a miscarriage you would have to ingest a fair few handfuls of chamomile or whatever, not just slap on a bit of oil containing a few weeny drops of it?
Excellent point and only oes to prove that natural does not mean its always good for you, but see previous for more ( have still not managed to work out how to multi quote messages - sorry)

I'm not usually over sensitive to skincare products, but used Elemis pro radiance cleanser last night. It was a small size that I've had in the cupboard for months but not used. This morning I had to get an emergency appointment at the doctors---we normally have to wait days for appointments---anyway, as I was using it last night to remove make up my lip area ( AY speak )was stinging so I rinsed it off straight away. This morning I had a trout pout but not in an attractive way,very sore and dry and still stinging. The doctor has given me antihistamines, something I've never had to take before. She told me that she herself once had a severe reaction due to a reformulation of a product she had always used and liked. I am now wary of trying anything new.

I'm sorry to read that China Girl. It can be very dramatic when you've no history of reactions & suddenly - BAM!
Elemis products tend to be heavy on fragrances & that could be the culprit. Mind, it's loaded with other 'stuff' too.

I requested 2 throat gels as well, but unfortunately they never received my passport even though I sent it Special Delivery, all I got was 6 stamps from the PO as compensation!

Sent off my beauty passport in early December requesting two firming throat gels. Received a letter today advising the same as the OP only they stated it was expected to be available again in July 2013. The list of products they asked me to choose from included some that aren't on the original BP.

I gave up waiting for the neck gel so picked a couple of other items instead. The choice of products on the new passport is much less appealing - another reason not to stick with Gatineau :wonder:

Finding this thread really interesting. Would you use a serum followed by your usual face cream? Or if using a neck cream would you use serum prior or is a neck cream sufficient on its own? At the moment I have bare minerals neck cream which came in a set. Seems nice but want to get maximum benefit.

Will extend my serum down to the neck and dellocotage area followed by either face cream or neck cream if its to hand. Gotta be worth a go!

Latest posts

Back