Heartbroken

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Diane2495

Registered Shopper
Not a happy post I'm afraid....
I am a cat lover,my cats are my children and mean the world to me.
I lost my lovely half Bengal Ludwig to lymphoma last year at the age of 8 and then lost his brother Håkan last month also to lymphoma.....this was bad enough.....then 10 days after he died my beloved half maine coon, Freja, who is my avatar went missing.....I heard from a neighbour that another cat had been killed that night by two wandering dogs. I spoke to the cat owners and they had witnessed it....Freja has not been seen since, it's now 3.5 weeks, so I have no hope of her return. I contacted the local paper and they ran a story on it.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/scapegoat-hill-dog-attacks-blamed-5117143

I then managed to take a photo of a dog wandering in the field behind which met the description of one of the dogs so sent it to the local paper and also to the dog warden. The owner of the dog came forward and claimed his dog would never do such a thing.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/dog-owner-defends-animal-over-5163324

I've found out who the owners are.l..they are known in the area and not well liked, nobody will mess with them......I'm told they catch foxes in traps and then put them in pits with their dogs to rip then apart. Dog walkers have told me they won't walk their dogs here any longer due to these dogs.
I moved to this lovely remote area mainly so my cats could be safe, as there are no roads, just cobbled tracks which don't go anywhere.

The dog warden has done nothing, and I feel totally helpless. Nobody will listen to one voice in this, and now it's old news to everybody anyway, but I'm totally haunted by it....not knowing what happened to my beautiful girl is tearing me apart and I miss her so much. Her sister, Pippi misses her and is now an indoor cat, which she finds frustrating. In the meantime I have got an adorable kitten, Gustav, who is a full Maine coon (I was due to collect him the day after Freja disappeared anyway so decided to go ahead and get him, glad I did as he and Pippi are now good friends) but I just feel so angry and upset. To lose three children in 13 months is simply awful, and that's what they are to me,
Sorry for my rant, and for such a depressing post....

Here is Gustav....with Pippi on one photo....

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Aw, I am so sorry to read this. It is terrible whenever anything happens to our pets, after all, they are part of the family. Is it possible that Freja might have been locked in a shed if neighbours are away on holiday? I do hope your little girl comes home safe and sound and meets her new little brother (((hugs)))

Hugs Diane, I'm so sorry to hear this. We lost one of our cats this year too and have no idea what happened to him. It's the not knowing that gets to you isn't it.

Beautiful cats.

Diane I am sorry to read your sad post and I do hope your beautiful cat returns home ,it is a long shot but sometimes they do come home after quite a long time away and theres no proof that the dogs have harmed it ,cats are funny creatures and the best loved cat in the world will sometimes go off on an adventure only to walk back up the garden path as if nothing has happened so lets hope this is going to happen, I know how horrible that feeling is when you dont know the truth about their where abouts .Your other cats look gorgous and very happy they will take your mind off it a bit hopefully.I lost my two cats within a year both were quite old 18 and 19 years and its very lonely at home without them I cant bring myself to replace them just yet though.

Oh Diane what a terrible time you are having and my heart goes out to you hon. I am the same, my cats are my babies and to lose them to illness is bad enough but not knowing what has happened to Freja must be tearing your heart apart. However there is no proof that your girl has been a victim of these dogs and she may still come home. When I was young we had a cat go missing for 6 weeks and we thought we'd never see him again but one day we found him back in the garden, very tatty and absolutely ravenous, so don't give up hope. I will pray for your girl's safe return. xxx

I am so sorry to hear of your losses and can sympathies with over having a cat go missing.
You may or may not remember a thread I started about my cat MISTY going missing.
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?38103-Missing-cat
She just went out one day and didn't come home again.
After 6 or 7 weeks I had just written a post about how I was resigning myself to never seeing her again when the VERY next day just as I was putting the dogs out for their last"wee" I heard a meow and in she walk as bold as brass as though she had only been out since her breakfast, when I let them all out for the day.
I was so surprised to see her I had to do a double take she was hungry but other than that in really good shape considering we had some of the coldest wettest weather ever while she was missing.
I still have no idea where she was but I will say she has stuck much closer to home since she has been back and very rarely stays out over night now.
So don't give up hope mirricals can and do happen, and the prayers and healing thoughts of the members of this wonderful place have brought many a furry baby back from the brink in one way or another.
So enjoy your new fur baby and while the others will never be far from your mind take comfort that you have done all you can for them and they have been loved and cared for all of their lives.
Love and prayers
Karen and Misty

Don't give up on your girl.I have also had a cat go missing and she turned up weeks later she had been locked in a church...Good Luck x

Don't lose hope Diane. Growing up we had a cat that went to next door but one to get fed as though he was homeless. The elderly lady had no idea he was ours as she never went out. Until recently my brother's cat did the same and he lives in a cul-de-sac! Sadly he died of thyroid problems which cats are prone to. Cats are resilient, cheeky and adorable and I will pray for Freja's safe return to your loving home.

Latest posts

Back