Fading Colour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I had more time I used to make jewellery using natural crystal beads with Tibetan silver charms, which is just base metal coated to make them look silvery, I could knock a bracelet up in half an hour.

They were cheap as chips to make and I got many compliments about them I even sold a few, in fact at Christmas I received an email from a woman in Australia who had bought one seven years ago, she said that she wore it almost every day and and apart from the plating wearing off the charms, which she didn't mind as it made it look vintage, the bracelet is as good as the day she got it.

She even wore it to her wedding.

The owners of LR and QVC must be coining it in, especially as it's made in China

I haven't bought Lola Rose for years tbh. I dont like the newer more garish colours and the metal plated beads that age the jewellery in no time by tarnishing. I do love what I have though.

I think the prices are obscene, with many now nudging the £100. I notice that some of the prices have been (slightly!) reduced. Still, I suppose that something has to pay for Nikki’s regular face tightening. If it gets any tighter, surely it will split! She is beginning to look quite bizarre.

After chasing LR up regarding my complaint of fading stones, here is the reply that came through today.......

Thank you for your e-mail and for sending over the photo of the necklace.

We have assessed your item and unfortunately, we are unable to redye this in house.

Due to covid, our repair centre is now closed.

We understand how frustrating this must be, therefore we would like to offer you a £10 off your next order

Please use this code at the checkout Lindaa10

As the item was ordered from QVC I would recommend getting in contact with QVC regarding your warranty.

Kind Regards,
Heather

Can you imagine QVC doing anything ? at the moment trying to get hold of CS at QVC is as hard as getting through to the GPs surgery !!!! So basically I've been palmed off.

After chasing LR up regarding my complaint of fading stones, here is the reply that came through today.......

We have assessed your item and unfortunately, we are unable to redye this in house.

We understand how frustrating this must be, therefore we would like to offer you a £10 off your next order

As the item was ordered from QVC I would recommend getting in contact with QVC regarding your warranty.

Kind Regards,
Heather

Can you imagine QVC doing anything ? at the moment trying to get hold of CS at QVC is as hard as getting through to the GPs surgery !!!! So basically I've been palmed off.
In other words go away. I hope you told them what to do with their £10 off your next order. QVC will do nothing. They told me mine was out of warranty which it was but that's not the point Its not fit for purpose. Anyway, as I have said before I will never buy another piece from LR and dont even watch their programmes on QVC

£10 is sod all these days. A lot of companies think they're offering the world when its £10 off, or reduced by £10. QVC were further insulting when they were offering £5 off some time back - that was the cost of most p & p's. !

Kind Regards,
Heather

Wow, what a terrible response. Why is their repair centre closed? We are all living and working with covid now, so why aren't they? Did you try Anna or Nikki email?

I think that response is shocking

Well, I'm hoping as Nikki is owner of the firm her staff report the failings that customers have. or they're not doing their job. TBH I didn't have either of their emails.

Perhaps they have so many complaints that there are 'standard' replies - particularly if something has been bought from QVC - just pass it back to them - not our problem.

I notice that LR has a lot of sales these days. There is always some reason for a sale - often 25% off. This proves to me that the brand is waning. There are only so many beady type necklaces and bracelets a person can require. The original idea was good but now the styles have been cheapened by metal beads and overly bright and clashing colour schemes. Some of it just looks childish.
Nikki has had her day and should retire in comfort - and leave her face alone for a while.

£10! What a pathetic offer. I hope you replied telling them there won’t be a next order to use it on! And that you have broadcast this far and wide and no one is impressed! Disgraceful.

Latest posts

Back