Dear God,Strike me with thunder if I do this again!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dear God,Strike me with thunder if I do this again!!

This comment is just related to the title. For the last couple of weeks here, we have had thunderstorms each afternoon starting around 4pm and as anyone knows who has been to the South of France, when it thunders everything shakes, and when it rains you can be flooded in seconds.

One afternoon it was calm and then there was a very loud crack of thunder directly overhead, and yes it often happens without warning. I was outside at the time and heard a thud and a crackling sound somewhere. The next day the four guests who were staying in a house near me that I look after, asked me to come and see them. They told me that they had been sitting inside reading with the shutters half closed because of the heat. Through the 1ft gap in the shutters a bolt of lightening came into the room and just missed someone. He told me that he heard a crackling sound and saw a flash of light. So they decided to move to another area of the sitting room near the TV as it had frightened them. Amazingly another bolt came through the tiny window behind them and this time hit a tall light in the corner behind the TV.

Interestingly there were no lights or TV on, plus all the windows and doors were closed.

So rainbowdottie, if the habit continues I can recommend a place for you to stay...!!!

I live in a very tall house in London.My house shakes at the top even with a passing bus!!! dont really wanna be struck by lightening....but feel now Ive written it,i will be struck should i waste any more money on pointless purchases at qvc!!!! south of france...storms or not sounds lovely.....

I reckon a psychologist would have a wonderful time with us lot !
I must admit I took the cure a long time ago and nowadays I rarely watch Q let alone buy from them. There are a couple of brands I really like and I wait for their tsv but other than that I`m now immune from Q`s hype. Even with the few products I still buy, I always look around to see if I can get them cheaper before I order. I`ll place them in the basket and then do a quick internet browse before I proceed to checkout.

This comment is just related to the title. For the last couple of weeks here, we have had thunderstorms each afternoon starting around 4pm and as anyone knows who has been to the South of France, when it thunders everything shakes, and when it rains you can be flooded in seconds.

One afternoon it was calm and then there was a very loud crack of thunder directly overhead, and yes it often happens without warning. I was outside at the time and heard a thud and a crackling sound somewhere. The next day the four guests who were staying in a house near me that I look after, asked me to come and see them. They told me that they had been sitting inside reading with the shutters half closed because of the heat. Through the 1ft gap in the shutters a bolt of lightening came into the room and just missed someone. He told me that he heard a crackling sound and saw a flash of light. So they decided to move to another area of the sitting room near the TV as it had frightened them. Amazingly another bolt came through the tiny window behind them and this time hit a tall light in the corner behind the TV.

Interestingly there were no lights or TV on, plus all the windows and doors were closed.

So rainbowdottie, if the habit continues I can recommend a place for you to stay...!!!

Oooh, that's frightening. Lightening really worries me.

Latest posts

Back